• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boss Encounter - Scalis

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any comments/bugs you have regarding Scalis

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres a Scalis at the town now and one comment... HARD! :p

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
even after discord, and about a constant supplu of EV's and RC's this guy just will not budge in his health bar, took us quite awhile to get him down and he throws water balloons!!!

B

Beastmaster

There should be areas where the fabled net has a chance of summoning Scalis and areas where it does not. I'm not too concerned with how large those areas are, just so there is somewhere you can toss fabled nets without having to worry about summoning this thing when you are solo. Otherwise fabled nets become an item used solely for group play or grief play.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be areas where the fabled net has a chance of summoning Scalis and areas where it does not. I'm not too concerned with how large those areas are, just so there is somewhere you can toss fabled nets without having to worry about summoning this thing when you are solo. Otherwise fabled nets become an item used solely for group play or grief play.
Whats wrong with group play? I dont want aanother easily soloable boss, bout time they put some team back into teamwork for bosses!

B

Beastmaster

Whats wrong with group play? I dont want aanother easily soloable boss, bout time they put some team back into teamwork for bosses!
You misunderstand me. I have no issue with the Scalis being so strong it takes a group. I just want an area where I can use white nets to summon leviathans without having to worry about summoning a Scalis.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May need to tweak his spawn rate some.
Seems he's quite popular right now.

Malek234

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to let everyone know you can throw fabled nets from bucs den (tram) at the edge of the docks. Throw it about 7 or so tiles out from the edge. If you dont get it the first time keep trying diffrent areas. My friends and I have been doing the leviathon for awhile now from there on diffrent shards so i know it works

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Can't even attempt Provoke, even Discorded, and with a Provoke mastery, and exceptional instrument.

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason, whan ever i have Scalis on screen, it produce hug lag...
That need to be fixed somehow

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple question from a Bard, why can I peace it, I can discord it, BUT, I Can Not Provoke it??? Says It can not be done... WHY ? All 120 skill, same instrument... If it is able to be done by the other Bard skills why can we not provoke it? Especially when 2 of these puppies spawn, takes a day & a night to kill one with only 3 or 4 people. Why not allow bards to do their job, and to be able to provoke them onto each other or other larger creatures that can spawn (ie: leviathans, kracken, Serps). Ty

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe because his control over them is to great for provoking to work.

M

MsMel68

They need to fix it to where nets cant be tossed at the emporium. It is stupid to do that and they arent killing them. There is 2 there now.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

All weapons - fine.
All spells - fine.
All pets - fine.
Explosion pots - fine.
Provoke - you can Provoke weak ineffective stuff on to it, but you can't Provoke two together.

*The BS alert sounds... again*

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to fix it to where nets cant be tossed at the emporium. It is stupid to do that and they arent killing them. There is 2 there now.
I met the first one earlier, Lovely person, Could do with some Colgate though.

After spending what seemed like 2 hours killing one with 6-10 others last week, The thought of doing it again isn't very appealing. :(

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I met the first one earlier, Lovely person, Could do with some Colgate though.

After spending what seemed like 2 hours killing one with 6-10 others last week, The thought of doing it again isn't very appealing. :(
Ditto

B

Beastmaster

I don't understand why the Dev teams never give any forethought to the griefing ramifications of their creations. This is akin to Harbingers.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me there's nothing wrong with group play but when it takes a couple of hours to kill something and then the loot is terrible it sorta defeats the purpose.

I know we don't want the loot to be too easy but we've killed a few Scalis's and none of use got anything good.. and im sure when someone does eventually its just that one person. so you spend 2 hours per kill for one person to maybe get something seems kinda lame. what if they made it to where the drop rate was rare, but when it did drop something everyone who damaged it gets an arti.

We also had some people who exclusively healed to keep us alive, which was needed and they dont get crap. not sure how party works in those cases but at least you should have to be in a party regardless of damage to share in the arties or uber loot.

eth777

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was involved with a fight with one of these, and I can't say it was tremendously fun, not much different from fighting any other boss type creature. Really they all seem to be about the same, different art, different attacks, but really it comes down to Adding more hit points so it takes more people/longer to kill.

I've been playing for a while, and just boosting hitpoints doesn't really give anything new. Once you have a character worked out, they can put a hurting on just about anything, and a good team of characters can do anything, with enough gold for insurance, and a team of healers. Give me some strategy, Have one of these bosses grab hold of the entire party(note party, not bystanders) Drag them off to a deserted island and drop them at different locations, solo or random teams of two. Each team has to figure out what needs done in their area to weaken/attack the monster, while fighting it's minions. I mean if we are going to spend 2 hours fighting, why not make it more interesting, instead of everyone targeting the same monster and spamming spells at it.

I think it would be better to build stories, and places to explore, rather than adding hitpoints to a monster with new artwork.

Make the boss initially unbeatable by characters alone, require them to build a powerful weapon, or perform a series of spells to first weaken the monster to beatable levels.

The new ships and cannons are a good start to making this game awesome again. It's been around a long time, everyone knows the tricks of the trade for the standard game. I know eventually all the new spoilers will show up, but it should be an adventure, not just click, click, die, res, click, click.

Eth

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was involved with a fight with one of these, and I can't say it was tremendously fun, not much different from fighting any other boss type creature. Really they all seem to be about the same, different art, different attacks, but really it comes down to Adding more hit points so it takes more people/longer to kill.

I've been playing for a while, and just boosting hitpoints doesn't really give anything new. Once you have a character worked out, they can put a hurting on just about anything, and a good team of characters can do anything, with enough gold for insurance, and a team of healers. Give me some strategy, Have one of these bosses grab hold of the entire party(note party, not bystanders) Drag them off to a deserted island and drop them at different locations, solo or random teams of two. Each team has to figure out what needs done in their area to weaken/attack the monster, while fighting it's minions. I mean if we are going to spend 2 hours fighting, why not make it more interesting, instead of everyone targeting the same monster and spamming spells at it.

I think it would be better to build stories, and places to explore, rather than adding hitpoints to a monster with new artwork.

Make the boss initially unbeatable by characters alone, require them to build a powerful weapon, or perform a series of spells to first weaken the monster to beatable levels.

The new ships and cannons are a good start to making this game awesome again. It's been around a long time, everyone knows the tricks of the trade for the standard game. I know eventually all the new spoilers will show up, but it should be an adventure, not just click, click, die, res, click, click.

Eth
I very much agree to this.