• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] How do YOU put a price on event item?

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just courious how people come up with a set price on drops an who came up with that a 10 drop is worth this an a 20 drop worth this an ect..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can't speak for everyone, but when I get one and am going to sell it... I start HIGH {150 range} unless it's a 1 of 1, and drop about 5m a day until it sells.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ask manticore
That's funny, Demonous. =)

Earlier, I was going to post that ask Manticore or JINX, but decided not to. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Now that I think about it, I'd almost bet Manticore's ICQ is always lighting up with price requests.

BlissMarie

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that there is a nice ring of people that all bounce PC off each other.

Certainly asking Manticore is a given since being the "overseerer" of the Rares List Sticky, many people consider him an expert on pricing. I think that his involvement in the sticky is the LEAST of his qualifications. As I see it, his value lies in the fact that he's participated in SO many actual events and he's also owned so many different items that he's either bought or sold many of the items that we all might ask him about....

There are very many knowledgable people that are experts in their own right in certain areas. When I want to ask someone about rare clothing, I message Athelas.

Shoes = WootSauce
Server Births = Gunga
Rubble = Europa Trader
Plumbing = Restroom Cowboy

etc etc

There is also always an individual that is a prominent museum owner on most every shard now, so if you wanted to get some background info or the like, you could always go this route.

As far as valuing (10) versus (20):

We have all seen the value of items fall a bit recently, as I've posted about because of the flooding of the market with EM items in these ranges. Ask 10 people their opinion on this and you'll likely get a variety of answers.

To me, it is less about the number of items that drop and more about the name and graphic of the item. My priority of the standard system would rank importance this way:

(anyone that knows me, knows it's shard first, then...)

1. Name
2. Graphic
3. Hue
4. Usable/Unusable item?
5. Issue number

Either way, PCs are so very personal these days, it is quite a challenge to get consistent ones, but many people know after asking around for them for a while, who to ask, and why one can rely on them...

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I base what I will pay for an item on a few things. Will this item be available to get at a future date or has it been claimed by rares collectors who seldom sell. On those type of items you have to act fast and in most cases pay more than you normally would for a item that there are ten off. A good example would be An Ocean Wave Cuchulainn Oce Battled (8) Animates Like Wave When Locked Down. Try finding someone who will sell one of those now. Graphic is key to me personally, you could put a cool name on a wand but it still looks like a wand to me. You make that wand glacial blue or void colored and you have something now. So I think your question can be summed up by how cool do they look, who owns them, and lastly the # of them. That is just my system I use.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just come to this board for a price check. If you get quoted under people will jump right in to correct it and vice versa.

Bare in mind though, people who own it will quote it higher to protect their own and peoople who don't have it but want it will quote it lower. If you are lucky you'll get a true objective person who will quote it based on all the previous factors people have listed.

P

PoCove

I would just come to this board for a price check. If you get quoted under people will jump right in to correct it and vice versa.

Bare in mind though, people who own it will quote it higher to protect their own and peoople who don't have it but want it will quote it lower. If you are lucky you'll get a true objective person who will quote it based on all the previous factors people have listed.
This answre is Why You are the one to talk too Manti...

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are very many knowledgeable people that are experts in their own right in certain areas. When I want to ask someone about rare clothing, I message Athelas.
Awww shucks...

But that's basically what I do. I've got my own personal list of people that I use, people whose opinions I've grown to trust and respect over the years. Each one of those people are an expert in their particular niche. But even with all of that helpful advice I still come to my own conclusions, I never base an items worth just off of what one person thinks.