• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Space Problem

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems that there is not enough space to move on the sea market. The area is too small and there are too much boats. Probably the "no rune marked here" is a bad idea....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't help if anyone parks their boat along the market, It stops boats parked in the market from getting out.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yep and what people are going to do is leave boats here so they can recall in and out at least thats what i am doing atm also cant seem to find the forge and anvil

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No house, bank is full, and no place to put new fish except leave them in the hold. Therefore, cannot dry dock the boat! Plus they seriously need trash-kegs!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed the same thing. Circled the docks 3 times the first time had a heck of a time... second time I used other peoples classic boats to hopscotch my way into the port..

Not cool.. there should be some sort of way to recall in and there should be a parking time limit or something there.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems that there is not enough space to move on the sea market. The area is too small and there are too much boats. Probably the "no rune marked here" is a bad idea....
I agree this should be possible, Devs it is UO Trammel and Felucca not Ish and so recall and Gate Travel should be allowed, it is a open freeworld ;).

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes marking runes here would be nice, but then again marking runes in ilsh and t2h would be good as well, people may go there more often.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tow away zone required?
Boats left unattended for more than x number of minutes, or belonging to chars that are not in game, will be moved to a location x number of tiles out from the dock? This being at least a screen away, otherwise you'd just end up with a boat-wall around it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, I just sailed out from Moonglow in a small boat with the intention of buying a row boat and maybe get a fishing quest. Very carefully circled trying to find a way in. Now I'm sailing back to Moonglow. There is absolutely no way in with a boat. Guess if I want to go there I'm going to have to beg for a gate from Brit bank on general chat as others have been doing.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what the long-term solution is, but right now a gate needs to be set up so players can get to the emporium. I can't get off my boat to get on the dock - there's just too many boats around.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty dire. There needs to be an autodrydock or a towaway zone - doesn't matter where you land, as long as it's relatively free of spawn. The further away the better. We're currently referring to it as 'the floating traffic jam'.

T

TramMoonWalker

I couldn't finish fish delivery quest thanks to ship-barricade.

I suppose stabling ship doesn't work if a hold has something, because of the same reason thy we can't stable loaded packy(for extra storage)

Then, how about auto-got-bombard? ...I mean, make ship decay super faster like the day fire isle changed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree. Some sort of auto dry dock or something for boats left in that area...

Perhaps you can auto dry dock them and the owner would have to go to a Port Master or something to get their boat out of Hock... pay a fine for tying up the docks or something.

This would discourage folk from leaving their boats unattended there.

Edit* You might also think about doubling the length of the dock. On heavily populated shards this is going to be a massive problem. I know on less populated shards it may seem like overkill but on shards like Atl and GL's this is going to be a necessity.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, MalagAste, more dock space is definitely required. Because if it's getting that crowded just on Beta, I dread to think what it's gonna be like when it hits the main shards. People are going to want this expansion.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Space is so bad you cannot place a row boat or large boat from the Market City. One of the Devs in game said you don't need to place the boat from the market city, But then how do you get back? Either make more dock space/have a drop off point or have a moongate so you can get to the market city without needing to find a parking space.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My ship is docked there and blocked in and i am afraid if i move it I wont be able to get back!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think if you log out the boat should to after the normal relog timer expires

T

TramMoonWalker

I'd think more realistic.
Emporium harbormaster must take gold from ship owner for anchoring there. Bigger ship, more gold. I'm sure everyone will feel its ridiculous to let his/her ship be not dry docked.

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe even a boundary where only rowboats are allowed close to the dock. I have seen several people leaving their boats a little bit away from the docks and using a rowboat to get to the dock. With the rowboats, they disappear after a little while with no one in them. Just use a row boat to get into the dock and dry dock it back into your pack while you shop or do business at the market, then put rowboat back in when ready to return to your ship. Your ship is still close enough to recall in, and you aren't blocking others in. Be really fun to see people actually fishing off the piers.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if we want to be realistic, the big ships should move only on deep water...

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there are at least three things that need to happen:
1) The emporium must have another way to access it other than by boat. Maybe there should be a secret passage that leads there – like from Buc’s Den or something. You make your way through the secret passage and are teleported to the emporium.
2) Recalling to boats needs to be fixed. Someone gated me to the emporium, but when I tried to recall back to my boat I got a message saying it could not be located. (Then I couldn’t place another boat because I already had a boat deployed.)
3) Either the fisher monger puts the quest crate in your backpack and not the hold of the ship, or it doesn’t matter how far away your boat is, the quest crate will still be put in the hold.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's becoming absolutely ridiculous. For the last 24hrs, I've been stopping a bit off the east side, putting out a rowing boat and going in to a space that had been left clear on that side. Now some muppet has parked their old boat and blocked that space. I'm now sailing - oh so slowly - round trying to see another way in. Life would be much improved if people would use a little sense and have a little consideration.

It's possible to drydock your rowing boat by clicking on the rope and choosing drydock from the menu.