• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Has anyone ever heard of this? *Bracelet Of Urywen, Tree of Life*

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting...personally I have never seen a item that was given a different colored name by EMs or seers. Could be HTML created...but the coloration is a bit strange (I am not aware of if the HTML stuff can be dyed...and if that would even be a dyeable color?).

Honestly, I'm baffled Jeffey! Regardless, it is a nice looking piece. :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HTML coding that's slimed dyed. I have a full suit that color from the slimes.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HTML coding that's slimed dyed. I have a full suit that color from the slimes.
Could a player rename a bracelet with HTML? I have some runebooks that I renamed and I remember renaming my house sign. But I dont think we could do other items.

Tom

B

Baron_

I have a Html Guildstone that has neon green lettering and reads " I don't Know (IDK) the lettering appears green in both stone form, and deed form.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bracelets of binding used to be able to be html named, not sure if those can be dyed. The charges I don't think show up until powder is applied. Slime dye basically dyed everything tokuno dyes did as I recall. So be easy to test if you can tokuno dye a bracelet of binding. It does look like the slime hue "Dark Forest Green" at first glance though.

Also, Natural dyes can dye more items than the tokuno. It is possible bracelets of binding might be dyeable with natural dyes if not, tokuno. If that is the case, that hue is looks like the Dark Green hue (mix of black and green pigments).

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bracelets of binding used to be able to be html named, not sure if those can be dyed. The charges I don't think show up until powder is applied. Slime dye basically dyed everything tokuno dyes did as I recall. So be easy to test if you can tokuno dye a bracelet of binding. It does look like the slime hue "Dark Forest Green" at first glance though.

Also, Natural dyes can dye more items than the tokuno. It is possible bracelets of binding might be dyeable with natural dyes if not, tokuno. If that is the case, that hue is looks like the Dark Green hue (mix of black and green pigments).
Yeah I forgot about bracelets of binding.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for any/all information as I have no idea about it AT ALL!!

Does anyone know what something like this is worth; if anything at all? (Is it even considered a rare?) Estimates would be much appreciated. :thumbup1:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is rare as last I checked HTML doesn't work. My guess is you can get at least 10-20m... if you provided an explanation of what Urywen was... it may have some serious symbolic meaning for an rp community and you might find the prices would go towards 50m.

Hope that helps

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For this reason, we have posted the honorable Horus, former General of the Northern Legions to guard the entrance of the Crystal Cave where we keep the Scroll of Calling. Horus was infused with magical life from the tree of Urywen during his last battle. The power gave him eternal life, but it also, unfortunately, took his eye sight.

Horus is the guy outside cave you had to go in to get one of the scrolls during necro newbie quest. So the tree does have some meaning in UO lore just didn't find anything else on it. Hope this gets ya goin in right direction

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you can get +30m from an item if u figure a RP history? lol !!!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.. what I'm saying is if an item has rp significance to a player or community, many will be willing to kick some gold for it. There was an old ring that was associated with an rp guild called Order of the Ebon Skull. It went for a lot more than it would have had they not tossed in their interest. If I had an elven character who was all nature-crazy, that bracelet would really catch my interest.