• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] SOS's

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering if anyone has heard whether there are going to be any improvements to the SOS's in the future.. possibly with the new expansion?

Just wondering if its worth the time and space to keep all these SOS's I am getting from Treasure Hunting or not.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes there will be improvements.

It might be in the new expansion, but what the Devs said at the Town Hall, indicated that it might be done separately from the expansion (after it, most likely). Those of us present responded to that with admonitions to them that it should be moved into the expansion, because of the relationship between the two.

If they've listened to us, we won't know until it goes live.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be difficult to make it expansion only for the SoS, especially if they do them like the tmaps, becuase I for one am planning on getting the expansion, but if they make SoS upgrades part of the expansion only, will it be a new system with different SoS's? Wll my stockpile of 400+ sos's now be useless to me since they are for the old system/non expansion content?

Ive been stockpiling these puppies hoping that the new Expansion or shortly thereafter the SoS's are given some love like the T-Maps were.

KEEP SELLING THESE THIGNS CHEAP AS HECK ON GL! (Cuz that the way i buy em)!!!

O

Old Man of UO

I've got about 40 Ancient SOS's in my bank box, waiting to see what the changes will be. I'm hoping the changes will be included with the booster pak.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got about 40 Ancient SOS's in my bank box, waiting to see what the changes will be. I'm hoping the changes will be included with the booster pak.
Don't hope too hard, Pretty sure they said it would be a publish separate from it. :(

T

Tane Darkbane

Just checked on test centre - SOS's have not been updated - kind of a shame

only boost is that fabled fishing nets can now summon a boss

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Which imo is a deboost for those wishing to only play with Leviathans. Seems so lazy to add a new boss to an existing item with a setup distribution method.

Atleast add it only spawns if tossed in Felucca or something.

O

Old Man of UO

I guess there really is no reason to hold onto my white SOS's then. I'll do them all real quick and hope for a ship's anchor or sea horse. I was hoping for something better than more old stuff, even new deco items.