• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is a grubber?

jaraxlebaenrae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This creature has appeared a few times after a chest is dug up and the guardians are dead, very fast but no loot when killed.

T

Tazar

The grubber will spawn occasionally when the chest is unlocked. It steals one item from the chest and then runs off with it. If you are in the Enhanced Client, grid-form back-pack, scroll down - or swap to list view to find what it stole from your chest.

If you are in 2D, then I am not sure why you can not see the item...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To add on to that, They run very fast and can be killed and the item they stole will be on their corpse.

O

Old Man of UO

I cast Rising Colossus when I start to pick the chest, just in case the Grubber spawns. The RC isn't fast enough to catch the Grubber, so you need to hit Ctrl-Shift keys to bring up the object handles and grab its health bar. Then I go into war-mode and continuously double click the health bar, and it will come to you to kill.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cast Rising Colossus when I start to pick the chest, just in case the Grubber spawns. The RC isn't fast enough to catch the Grubber, so you need to hit Ctrl-Shift keys to bring up the object handles and grab its health bar. Then I go into war-mode and continuously double click the health bar, and it will come to you to kill.
don't cast RC, cast EV's they will get the gruber.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or... just prepare explo then do explo + flame and bye bye grubber :p
2-3 rocks with bombard are also good ;)