• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Next Expansion: Adventures on the High Seas (Feature List)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Notes from what I can read from the Youtube videos of the Town Hall.

Trammel
  • NPC Merchant Vessels
  • Sea Markets and Trading
  • Fishing and Crafting
  • Boss Battles

Felucca
  • NPC Merchant Vessels
  • Sea Markets and Trading
  • Fishing and Crafting
  • Boss Battles
  • Ship to Ship Combat and Pirating

3 New Boat Types
  • Tokuno (Faster, 4 Cannon Stations)
  • Gargoyle (6 Cannon Stations)
  • Orcish (6 Cannon Stations)
  • Row Boat
  • Limitation of 1 Row Boat & 1 Larger Boat per Character

Smooth Boat Movement
  • Boats move smoothly from tile to tile
  • Boats can now move at 3 different speeds

Boat Mouse Control
  • Control boats using the mouse

Boat Paints
  • Different Hues
  • No Glacials!

Miscellaneous
  • Home and bank storage increase (20%)
  • New method to boarding ships

Ship Weapons
  • Multi-step firing system
  • 2 Ammo types (Cannon balls & Grapeshot)
  • Cannon and ammo crafting (Blacksmith Addon)

Ship Damage
  • Level 3 damage state, Ship can be boarded

Pirate / Merchant Ships
  • NPC Waypoints
  • Unique Crews
  • Attackable
  • Defend Themselves

Ship Repair and Crafting
  • Carpentry or Tailoring skill receive bonus to ship repair ability

Boss Encounters
  • Scalis
  • Island Encounter (Constantly Moving Island)

Sea Market
  • Fish Monger
  • Dockmaster
  • Pirate bounty board
  • New merchant

Fishing Updates
  • Fishing Cap Raised to 120!
  • 36 new fishing including lobsters
  • 16 new buffs (10 Min Duration, From Fish Pies craftable from enhanced fish)
  • 2 new fish wall mounts (One from Trammel, One from Felucca)
  • New cooking recipes
  • Location specific fishing

A

A Stoned Mariner

Re: Next Expansion: High Seas (Live Updates)

Everything sounds insane. Whole new UO with such a sea oriented expansion.

A Stoned Mariner [SCM]
Seafarmers Collegium of Merxmere

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: Next Expansion: High Seas (Live Updates)

I'm so happy!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder, if there is way to sneak into a kind of beta test for the new fishing stuff. I just had peek at the EA beta forums but got no clues about. (Those forums seem to be permanent. I got permission to them during the SA beta but it looks like, theres not much interesting stuff to read for that user group. :sad2: )

If they want to keep the testing group small, I would suggest to bring FCB members of all shards in. *g*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I was there, and as soon as I get my disposable cameras' film developed, there will be pics.

Trammel & Felucca
  • NPC Merchant Vessels - these can be attacked if you are RPing pirates.
  • There are Orc Pirate and other Pirate vessels to be attacked - and a "Dead or alive" bounty system if you check the floating fishing town for NPCs to chase down.

3 New Boat Types
  • Done, but not Implemented in their pre-alpha test - a fourth ship type, referred to in-house as "The Whale" . Galleon based, huge, will be rare and hard to own, but will effectively function as a floating house. These will NOT be subject to boat decay, though the other 3 types decay like the others.

Smooth Boat Movement
  • Oh, YES, the boat movement is smooth
  • Damage from combat reduces movement speed.
  • "Destroyed" ships are immobile, but can be repaired. Once a ship is destroyed, ANYONE can board.

Boss Encounters
  • Scalis (Cthulhu FTHAGN!!!!!!!)
  • Island Encounter (Constantly Moving Island) - closest thing to a water-going champ.

Fishing Updates
  • Fishing Cap Raised to 120! Note, however, that you have to complete some of the fishing quests to get to 120.
  • 36 new fish including lobsters; many required for BOD-like quests.
Ship Weapons:

Weapon Cannon for Boats are craftable by Smiths, but Ammo is crafted by Tinkers, and propellant by alchemists. Ship repairs are cheaper in terms of materials if the repairer possesses Tailor and/or Carpentry (cloth needed to repair sails, wood for repairing the boat)

I made a suggestion that they consider adding Ballistae to the weapons, in order to give a Bowcrater something to make.

Weapons cannot be used for shore bombardment.

weapons are firable by one person (especially with the right EC macros), but will fire MUCH faster if there are more people on board actively working on swabbing, charging, loading and priming the guns (either each person on one gun, or - like on real ships - a person designated for each step).

Cargo:

NPC vessels will be hauling resources you can loot.
There's a means with the dockmaster to transfer items to your ship hold from the dock, or from the hold to a container on the dock that only you can access (at least in Trammel).

I can't wait to see the first great fleet battle between raiders of the one ship-reached Champ spawn, and those guarding it.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boss Encounters
  • Scalis (Cthulhu FTHAGN!!!!!!!)
  • Island Encounter (Constantly Moving Island) - closest thing to a water-going champ.
Any bets on who will be King of the Seas? Leviathan or Scalis? (A lucky provo will show ... thought ... throwing white nets and using provo with the Levathan sounds really interesting. Any one else reminded to Davy Jones? :D )

S

Samedhi

I can`t wait for this! Will add so much more to the oceans :thumbup1:

Might also see bit more life around the sea`s of Fel.

*rubs hands in glee at a future life of piracy*

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the "whale"!

I seen that there will possibly be a transfer option from hold and stuff but was there any mention of increased hold capacity? 400 Stones dosnt hold much at all, making you able to do 2 SoS's before you have to empty out. the ability to hold more stones would greatly increase the value of the new ships too.

*edit*
Also was their mention of this being a paid to get expansion or is it going to be free content upgrade like the thunting changes?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the "whale"!

I seen that there will possibly be a transfer option from hold and stuff but was there any mention of increased hold capacity? 400 Stones dosnt hold much at all, making you able to do 2 SoS's before you have to empty out. the ability to hold more stones would greatly increase the value of the new ships too.

*edit*
Also was their mention of this being a paid to get expansion or is it going to be free content upgrade like the thunting changes?
It is a 'booster' pack and will cost 15 dollars, They are planning for two a year, So 30 dollars if you buy both. The same as an expansion.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After 14 years, I think "smooth" boat movement will make me sea-sick!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I want the "whale"!

*edit*
It is a 'booster' pack and will cost 15 dollars, They are planning for two a year, So 30 dollars if you buy both. The same as an expansion.
Note: With that $15 comes a 20% Increase in your bank and house capacity, so that pretty much makes the Booster content just a bonus (Is the current 20% bonus (without 7th character) $10 or $20 on the store?)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note: With that $15 comes a 20% Increase in your bank and house capacity, so that pretty much makes the Booster content just a bonus (Is the current 20% bonus (without 7th character) $10 or $20 on the store?)
Shockingly, It's 20 bucks, So yeh, 20% for 5 dollars cheaper than usual and new content! :thumbup1:

F

Fat Lip

Fishing Updates
  • Fishing Cap Raised to 120!
    [*]36 new fishing including lobsters
  • 16 new buffs (10 Min Duration, From Fish Pies craftable from enhanced fish)
    [*]2 new fish wall mounts (One from Trammel, One from Felucca)
  • New cooking recipes
  • Location specific fishing
I, personally, would like to see MORE than only 2 new fish wall mounts. But overall, this looks like a cool new addition to the game.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, specifically it was stated that one of the new wall mounts will be a Marlin.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The date when a big fish is pulled up will be added.
While this doesnt sound very interesting, it makes running fishing contests way easier.

What i wonder are the new fishes to fish up. Will those be really new, or will those be the same as those for the aquariums? With the idea of a bod-like quest system for fishing the integration of aquariums would give some very interesting new options.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of the systems added for fishing are running Lobster traps.

And, lots of recipes for Lobster and fish dishes, for cooking.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess thats not too bad a price but the content better be well debugged though. I hate when they release buggy stuff, like ML and how it ruined thunting with the overdropping of marties.

Anyways the increased storage will be great, ive yet to buy the increased storage/7th char slot combo WHICH I GREATLY NEED! lol feel free to PM me for my paypal if you feel like making a donation HA!

No seriously I should have it in a couple weeks, (i really should wait for more storage, makes me clean house every so often, you wouldnt beleive the crap I have)

Anyways back On Topic.
Im really looking forward to the new ships, the one per char i can see especially since everyone will all the suddon want to fish. Im sick of going out and having 500 boats lined up the server lines making it impossible to sail smoothly to your SoS's.

*HOPES FOR INCREASED BOAT STORAGE*

Anyways back to law class!

S

soulstoner

One of the systems added for fishing are running Lobster traps.

And, lots of recipes for Lobster and fish dishes, for cooking.
Oh!!! Maybe chocolate covered lobster tails & chocolate chum souffle to utilize all the chocolate ingredients that don't stack ...???:lol::stir:

Seriously -- It all DOES sound very kewl
:)

sponge boob