• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

population?

• Thread starter KnowYourEnemy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
K

KnowYourEnemy

is everyone in stealth mode? I only saw 2 players during the whole day. this is very discouraging, since I wanted to give uo (siege) one last shot before finally selling my account off.

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are here , we dont hang out at luna or any other banks to say forsure. Yes, most run steath for now. If ya shout out in General Chat you can talk and people will respond. Ask way, we are here to help....

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, most run steath.
For now. For the past several years and forever until the devs step in and do something about how OP it is on this shard... which who knows if ever.

Enjoy what looks like empty lands.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is everyone in stealth mode? I only saw 2 players during the whole day. this is very discouraging, since I wanted to give uo (siege) one last shot before finally selling my account off.
Later duuuuuude. Nice not knowing ya. dont let the door hit ya where the superior being split ya.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is very discouraging, since I wanted to give uo (siege) one last shot before finally selling my account off.
This is one of the primary points we have tried to get the Devs to see; many UO players come here as a last port of call before leaving the game altogether. It is in their interests to give Siege some attention.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I only have one stealther and my other chrs. are always clearly visable.

But ...some of us, were pre occupied with watchin' ALL of the NFL preseason football games esp. this weekend, self included. :) I also watched 2 Nascar races this weekend.
:)

Just sayin' sometimes weekends be emptier than week days or week nights dependin on what else is going on in their rl lives esp. on weekends. Don't give up on Siege yet !

GO PACKERS ! lol rolleyes:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one of the primary points we have tried to get the Devs to see; many UO players come here as a last port of call before leaving the game altogether. It is in their interests to give Siege some attention.
*nods in total agreement*

I was always taught customer service is job one, for with out doing that, or at least trying to, 100% of the time for 100% of our customer base, and 2% dissatisfied may tell 98% of their problems with a company, over time then, our % of dissatisfied customers may increase cuz we ignored some of em to then too many of em, in the end we may find, we do not have a job to do, no customers left, wanting our product too many dissatisfied !

Ignoring even 1% of our customer base I was told is tatamount to ignoring em all..cuz customer service is to be job ONE ! One can never please all the customers all the time, but ya sure better TRY to make every one of em satisfied to best of one's abilities, or one's entire company may.. be out of a job !

Siege is their last chance to hang on to some customers money for their UO last stop out the UO door for quite a few folks. Imagine all the monthly fees they WOULD STILL HAVE, just from those whom left waiting for some Siege fixes and attention that didn't come for their customers, on Siege, in just the past 2.5 yrs. here !! :(

S

Sturdy

There are about 700 non-grand fathered houses on Siege. Of these my best guess is about 150-200 active players.

This is just based on my running around. And yes, the 9 trolls just live here under the Stratics bridge.

R

Rothen

Definetly jump into gen chat and see who out there. You'll probably be surprised. My alliance will take members of other guilds, or solo players, out on hunts/champs sometimes. I did two with them last night, Medusa and the Stygian Dragon, and we could have used some help on the later. Got it done, but it took a good while. Hang in there, with fall coming you'll see more and more players logging in.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are also bugged houses. I know of one that has been innactive for years now, yet the house wont fall.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definetly jump into gen chat and see who out there. You'll probably be surprised. My alliance will take members of other guilds, or solo players, out on hunts/champs sometimes. I did two with them last night, Medusa and the Stygian Dragon, and we could have used some help on the later. Got it done, but it took a good while. Hang in there, with fall coming you'll see more and more players logging in.
I would love to accompany anyone anywhere to do anything !! So I'll take any invite out there unless of course my faction status prohibits it :( Lame thing i have seen about abyss peerless no two factions can go in at the same time.

B

Black magick

It's not just the Dev's fault for this. It's also the faults of all who run stealth. I know I've only ever run stealth on my thief.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I only run stealth on a faction thief. None of my others do. Whats your point?

B

Black magick

Point being this guy probably had a few more than two people on his screen throughout that time. However, the fact that nearly everyone uses stealth much of the time doesn't really do much to encourage newer players to the shard. Much like he said.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to run stealth on my tamer, just cause it was easier to stay alive. Now I cant say I have had stealth on in about a year.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point being this guy probably had a few more than two people on his screen throughout that time. However, the fact that nearly everyone uses stealth much of the time doesn't really do much to encourage newer players to the shard. Much like he said.
I move that we should always have at least 5 people standing around at Luna bank chatting about the streets of gold and rivers of ambrosia here on Siege. I nominate you to organize this :thumbup1:

B

Black magick

I move that we should always have at least 5 people standing around at Luna bank chatting about the streets of gold and rivers of ambrosia here on Siege. I nominate you to organize this :thumbup1:
I always did my part... Even if they couldn't see me they could see the bodies of me being guardwhacked or someone i killed with a poisoned shuriken XD

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know... for how much I've made fun of bank sitters over the years. Would be nice to see people actually populating towns. Thieves stealing from them.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a fact that siege population is dependent on the siege forum population, when these forums have heavy traffic so does the shard. But when the forums are a ghost town so is the shard. If you don't believe me do your own due diligence. You have your new breed of mods to thank for that. Talk about a clue, they really are clueless how much they hurt this shard. If you take Kobe Bryant and Lebron James out of the NBA it will definitely lose a lot of spice and viewers. *tips hat*

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a fact that siege population is dependent on the siege forum population, when these forums have heavy traffic so does the shard. But when the forums are a ghost town so is the shard. If you don't believe me do your own due diligence. You have your new breed of mods to thank for that. Talk about a clue, they really are clueless how much they hurt this shard. If you take Kobe Bryant and Lebron James out of the NBA it will definitely lose a lot of spice and viewers. *tips hat*
More like if the shard doesnt have a population then the forums wont.

I do love your attempt to blame the fall of rome on our shard forum mods though.

/golfclap

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More like if the shard doesnt have a population then the forums wont.

I do love your attempt to blame the fall of rome on our shard forum mods though.

/golfclap
No, it's true.

When we ban somebody, we disable their UO account.

And I dunno about the rest, but whenever I'm not banning somebody for no reason at all, I like to roll around on a bed made of printed out account names/passwords while teleconferencing with the devs about how faction prices aren't high enough and they need to add in tamed harbingers that take a single control slot.

Kelmo asked to join me once, but he wasn't a fan of the no-pants rule.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I need more coffee... I got nothing. Yet.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QFT...when ppl get banned from the forums they lose their link with the community and buying/selling...the sad thing is the server is so dead that you NEED these forums to do anything...but sadly ppl are to dense to realize this or just being jackwagons to admit it...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shard has been dead for at least the last 5 years. What makes people think that will ever change?...la