• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Posting pics....

F

Fraggles

Well it seems there are a few of us that have no idea how to post a screenshot picture so can someone be so kind as to explain it? and start from the auctal takeing of the screen shot :) im not sure how to do that either

N

Nastia Cross

There's a few different ways of doing this.

You can download a screenshot utility that will automatically save your screenshots into a folder. I personally use PrintScreen by Gadwin. This is especially useful if you intend on taking action shots during events or pvp battles.

If you don't want to download any type of utility there's still hope for you.

1- Press "Print Screen" on your keyboard
2- Open up Microsoft's Paint program (most likely located in your Accessories tab on the Start Menu)
3- Hit "Edit" in the menu bar along the top then "Paste" in the drop down (or press CTRL and V on your keyboard for the shortcut). Your screenshot will be pasted into the program.
4- Save the image as a .jpg file. ("File" then "Save As". When the pop up menu to save comes up, hit the drop down for "Save as type" and select JPEG).

As for posting images, Stratics allows you to attach images to your posts so you can directly upload your image from your harddrive to Stratics. If you don't like that idea, you can sign up for a website that offers image storage (I use Photobucket). To use this method, copy the IMG location from the site once you've uploaded your image and then paste that url into your post.

C

Chaosy

Hit Print Screen, open up a picture editor like MS Paint, copy it in, save it, upload to a photo storage website such as PhotoBucket, link to the forum.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To take a screen shot on some laptop computers pressing print screen won't do the trick. If print screen doesn't work for you, try the "fn" key and "prt sc" at the same time.

I don't know what fn means, but it works. Feel free to educate me on its meaning. =)

Also, there is a screenshot tool in the accessories menu of Windows7. It's a very easy to use application called "Snipping Tool" and it works just fine.

BlissMarie

Y

Yen Sid

To take a screen shot on some laptop computers pressing print screen won't do the trick. If print screen doesn't work for you, try the "fn" key and "prt sc" at the same time.

I don't know what fn means, but it works. Feel free to educate me on its meaning. =)

Also, there is a screenshot tool in the accessories menu of Windows7. It's a very easy to use application called "Snipping Tool" and it works just fine.

BlissMarie
Function I believe

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only glanced at it, but there is also a screenshot thingie in the Enhanced Client.... I *think* you just keep hitting the key and it loads all the images into a specified folder... no stopping to name and save each shot

then you can edit them and upload to something like Photobucket

Q

quig

I also like Gadwin printscreen, its a free download and has worked trouble free and easy for me. I use imageshack.us to host pics, no signup needed, just upload pic.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great advice, folks. Glad to see folks helping each other out like this.

F

Fraggles

Thanks everyone for all the Info! im sure you have helped out more then just me. that snipping tool is awsome and i never even knew i had it on my computer!! Thanks again!

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't think about this program yesterday when I posted. A friend of mine uses Gyazo.

The web site says, "Launch the app and drag your mouse to grab the screen ... It’s instantly uploaded and the URL is copied to the clipboard"

Extremely fast & easy. =)

BlissMarie