• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My dead horse...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Can we PLEASE for the love of UO...

Allow our characters to be co-owned to multiple houses? It can't be that hard of a fix.

Thank you.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Flutter.
This has been needed for ages.

I'd love to have one main char be able to work on each house as the co-owner. It would save the hastle of the hair pulling most do when trying to remember who is that houses co-owner or when a friend wants to co-own you for deco and your already a co-owner to one of your own homes.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed... and if any devs actually read this.... how about looking into friending specific secures.... while you are poking around the code.

B

Babble

There was a reason for limiting it. I think it had to do with people only opening accounts every 3 months but being able to use it fully with coowned chars?

It was a design decision and why would they change it?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There was a reason for limiting it. I think it had to do with people only opening accounts every 3 months but being able to use it fully with coowned chars?

People can still do that though. We are just asking that our active accounts be allowed to access our houses secures without having to set everything to "friends"

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

People can still do that though. We are just asking that our active accounts be allowed to access our houses secures without having to set everything to "friends"
I just spent a few hours making a spred sheet for all my houses, major thing was getting the listing of every one of the co-owners! Thats 53 accounts of which 42 are active, 8 are garndfathered for a total of 67 houses on 11 shards.
Is your head spinning yet???
And I know I am not alone with this trouble.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this were possible I might be inclined to open up a third account.

I just spent a few hours making a spred sheet for all my houses, major thing was getting the listing of every one of the co-owners! Thats 53 accounts of which 42 are active, 8 are garndfathered for a total of 67 houses on 11 shards.
42 active accounts?!?
I think we need to set up a support group. You clearly have an addiction.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this were possible I might be inclined to open up a third account.

42 active accounts?!?
I think we need to set up a support group. You clearly have an addiction.
Not in the way you think hehe I just wish my friends would stop quitting.. I get all the accounts handed to me and I just cant see places and chars I have known go bye bye.
Worse off is I love to play them!
From day 2 of beta I said this game is really UO the drug of choice. It's addicting..

O

Old Man of UO

Not in the way you think hehe I just wish my friends would stop quitting.. I get all the accounts handed to me and I just cant see places and chars I have known go bye bye.
From day 2 of beta I said this game is really UO the drug of choice. It's addicting..
OOO! I had a neighbor lady down the street who collected stray cats that way!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know the funny part of this is even if they did open up house placement back to 1 house per shard Id still have on most of the accounts I do now... I'm so use to having the varity of characters I use that to stop using them would drive me nuts. I'd always be missing someone of them. It's like picking a favorite child - you just cant do it.

*I have 4 cats 3 siameese 1 maincoon

T

Trevelyan

Not quite 42, but nope. You aren't alone. :D

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok I don't have the problem of 42 accounts.
I would just like my accounts to be able to access all my container and still friend my friends to my houses.

There was a way to do it with KR so I know it's not impossible.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!!! I got divorced over having 5 accounts---She would have killed me if I had that many. Only have 3 now. But, Yes I agree characters should be able to be co-owners of more than one house.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
?! Was it really worth it? I love UO, too, but . . .
I was simplifying things a bit there, but she could never really understand the fascination with UO. There was a lot more to the divorce that just UO. Fortunately we are still friends and both in better places--so yes it was worth it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate to tell you this but we HAD that.

We did... it was an ability with KR.

They took it away!

I share your pain.

I have 10 or 11 accounts with 8 active and 8 houses. And I DID and still do have a majority of my characters co-owned to many of my houses still from KR... however the new Gargoyle I made has almost zero access to any of my homes because I can't co-own him.

I've had to revert and put all my stuff back to friend at a few of my homes just so he can use them.

But I've screamed and complained about this ever since they took KR away.... even in Beta of SA I complained and I begged them to fix it...

I've been told to be patient... I have tried but my patience is wearing thin... I have passed up housing that I would have loved because I hate to ruin the co-owner status that I have now. I've held back in expanding housing that I could have expanded because of this.

I hate not having proper access to things... I hate not being able to give my friends any access or even allow them to log out safely at my house because of this. I hate not being able to secure my own containers without having to play the account log in and out shuffle...

This is LONG overdue.... Trust me the DEV's and EA both know that there are several of us with multiple accounts yet they refuse to assist us.

I'd be very happy if I didn't have to play the account shuffle anymore.

Zurhet Pebblethief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi my name is Zurhet and I have multiple accounts also...

I've requested in every way possible to the Development team for the ability to be co-owned to multiple houses, or to add a new lvl of security that only allows a character to log out on a property without access to any containers.

Maybe, one day someone will take pity on our addiction!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have one account but I understand the want of having a character with coownership of more than one house.

Z

Zodia

Thats 53 accounts of which 42 are active, 8 are garndfathered for a total of 67 houses on 11 shards.
You pay over $5000 a year for UO subscriptions?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4 accts and would love to be able to have multiple co-owners of my buildings.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did mention that. lol
Well you can do what I do... and keep hounding Cal...

He'll of course ask you to be patient. *grummbles*...... but keep hounding him.

I want the housing menu from KR back. PLUS I want to be able to set someone as the "designer".... so I can go into the custom menu and say prepare house for Designer.... and everything goes to the moving crate then I choose a designer.. and they can use the menu and custom the house... for say a period of 1 day .... or 4 hours or something. Then allow me to choose a "Designer" who would have access to special chests I choose and they would have the abilities of a co-owner... to lockdown secure and use the deco tool..... for X number of hours days whatever...

That would make my day.

And then they need to change it so I can put settings on doors that say Rent door to someone and they can then control that door... And I can rent them a box... or two or three in my house. Of course the owner of the house would be able to stop rental and the box would act somewhat like a vendor rental... so you can't just get rid of their stuff... though if they box is empty then you can say refund renter and it will give all it's stored money to the renter and then poof.

Rental boxes would take up vendor spaces. So you can have so many per house...

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with Flutter. This is ridiculous and has gone on way too long. I seriously see no issues with this change.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one account and one house, so this doesn't really concern me. But I see no reason why a house cannot have multiple co-owners.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one account and one house, so this doesn't really concern me. But I see no reason why a house cannot have multiple co-owners.
Other way around Pike they want characters to be about to be co-ownered to multiple houses.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the housing menu from KR back. PLUS I want to be able to set someone as the "designer".... so I can go into the custom menu and say prepare house for Designer.... and everything goes to the moving crate then I choose a designer.. and they can use the menu and custom the house... for say a period of 1 day .... or 4 hours or something. Then allow me to choose a "Designer" who would have access to special chests I choose and they would have the abilities of a co-owner... to lockdown secure and use the deco tool..... for X number of hours days whatever...

This.

Or allow people to make blueprints that others can give to their house sign.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What can some one possibly need 42 active accounts for?

Anyway, I VOTE YES for this change,

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bless Thee, Dear Lady Storm,

I thought I was addicted to UO. However, at my "worst," I didn't have half as many accounts as Thee. So perhaps I am only UO infatuated instead of UO addicted (hehe).

I know I have been and remain a UO Fan!!!

Lord Elladan of Trinsic/Baja

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

My own personal "work around" is that each of my accounts have multiple characters. And though each character may only be a co-owner of one house, my "Main" account is able to co-own 7 of my Houses. Currently I must write down who is a co-owner where, and it would be a huge help if my character menu gump said "release co-ownership of [house name]" rather than merely release co-ownership.

Let us hope the Dev's will at least see this is a major concern of a large number of account owners, and fashion some type of improvement!!!

Lord Elladan of Trinsic/Baja

C

Cal_Mythic

Yes, this has been noted and we have recently placed it on a list of improvements in an upcoming dev cycle.

More news after the announcements at Town Hall next weekend.

Thanks for bringing this up. This is noted as one of the major fixes we need to take care of.

- c

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yes, this has been noted and we have recently placed it on a list of improvements in an upcoming dev cycle.

More news after the announcements at Town Hall next weekend.

Thanks for bringing this up. This is noted as one of the major fixes we need to take care of.

- c
Can't you put it on someones desk this afternoon with a "fix this real quick"?

C

Cal_Mythic

That was my first big smile of the day ... thanks so much.
We are in the middle of an intense few days getting prepped for demos and such for the Town Hall next Saturday.

If I put anything extra on the team in the next 48 hours ... well let's just say my Will isn't finished yet.

Please know it's a major known player request. But, it's not that easy.

No such thing as "just" add it to the stack on top of the desk ... in this case anyway. :)

We have a Town Hall event to plan
Wife to kill and Gilder to frame for it ...
Frankly I'm swamped!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Inconceivable!

Z

Zodia

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at this moment.

What a waste of money. (imo)
Well, I personally know people who spend many thousands more a year on sportfishing, hunting, car racing (all things that bore the bejesus out of me). So, if it makes you happy and your not stealing from homeless children to pay for your UO addiction, than its your own personal business. Don't take offense Lady Storm, embrace your obsession!

Lady Storm, we salute you as UO's greatest customer! :thumbup1: Thanks for keeping those servers up!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That was my first big smile of the day ... thanks so much.
We are in the middle of an intense few days getting prepped for demos and such for the Town Hall next Saturday.

If I put anything extra on the team in the next 48 hours ... well let's just say my Will isn't finished yet.

Please know it's a major known player request. But, it's not that easy.

No such thing as "just" add it to the stack on top of the desk ... in this case anyway. :)

We have a Town Hall event to plan
Wife to kill and Gilder to frame for it ...
Frankly I'm swamped!
Yes that would be me that's been pestering you on a pretty much monthly basis about this on every forum I can and even in private PMs..... cause you know... it's a HUGE issue with me.

But I'm trying to be patient... I promise...