• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] WARNING POSSIBLE EXPLOIT SKULL MUGS!!! BEWARE!

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As stated today on Atlantic a person placed a rune for UBER Rare Items. I went to check it out. They had a skull mug "sever birth" selling for 25mil. Upon further inspection i was able to see that they had at least 10 of them stacked up behind it. As with the sudden increase of these items being sold of late there well may be a very GOOD possibility that these are being exploited as the person i saw placing the rune was a newbie character and all of the other items on this vendor were also exploited items of known. So Please use caution in buying these items!!! I am stating this to warn any rare collectors out there.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BigEv contacted me earlier today about this. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get on soon enough to verify the count before someone bought them. If they restock, I'll verify it if possible. I have no idea what is going on with these items, but if a vendor had 10 of them it looks very suspicious. Please use caution in purchasing these as they may be part of an exploit or something else odd going on.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quite a few short stools as well.
Shul just to let you know on this vendor i visited with the 10 or so skull mugs on him, i also saw the short stools on this vendor as well so please all use caution until this is figured out. Thanks

S

shulginist

Yes it was the same vendor. I bought a few skull mugs (Before I saw this post) to resell and noticed the short stools. You say ten total that is just stupid on that persons part.

I brought up a month ago that I thought that the old skull mug dupes that someone was hoarding were being released or there was a new exploit out there. Like I was saying in that last post all of the skull mugs have been the ones with handle on the left side.

On a side note here is the original thread

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1776416#post1776416

With the above being said the skull mugs aren't on any of the three major vendors on Atl that used the most recent bug to revert item names to the originals so who knows. I imagine if you could still do it or been able to do it recently they would have been all over it.

Went back to see if they restocked and while the vendor is still there it is empty now.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it was the same vendor. I bought a few skull mugs (Before I saw this post) to resell and noticed the short stools. You say ten total that is just stupid on that persons part.

I brought up a month ago that I thought that the old skull mug dupes that someone was hoarding were being released or there was a new exploit out there. Like I was saying in that last post all of the skull mugs have been the ones with handle on the left side.

On a side note here is the original thread

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1776416#post1776416

With the above being said the skull mugs aren't on any of the three major vendors on Atl that used the most recent bug to revert item names to the originals so who knows. I imagine if you could still do it or been able to do it recently they would have been all over it.
On a side note on those 3 major vendors that have been selling exploited items u are mentioning i havent seen the short stools on them either so it may be that they just havent figured this possible exploit on these skull mugs or the short stools as it seems as it may be a different exploit but u never know could be a hoarding of the possible dupes as u say. Just strange though that all of a sudden over the last month they are popping up everywhere as in my experience the dupe hoarders try and sell a little at a time as these are MANY going at once which leads me to believe a new exploit is out there. Those vendors u have been mentioning have been selling the same old stuff for the past many months so they may not have gotten on to this new one but who knows. Again please use caution as this is just a word of warning to all collectors of a possible exploit i believe is out here.
EDIT: i just ran around luna and not including the vendor i saw with the 10 plus skull mugs on it which wasnt in luna there are at least 4 different vendors selling the skull mugs right now in luna....strange...very strange......there was a 5th one that earlier today had one but it is also sold now......................

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked ATL... and there is a vendor inside luna selling Skull Mugs at 29.999.999 (3 of them)

And... i think that vendor is from someone that posts here :lol:

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i think maybe the person that had the 10+ skull mugs on their vendor which wasnt in luna may have seen this post, packed up and dropped his vendor. Hopefully he/she doesnt go try and setup somewhere else now but im sure they will.....blah