• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] King of Thieves

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who has this ring these days? Where has it gone for the last couple years? It seems to have fallen off the earth. And what of the Queen of thieves?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone told me in guild the other day that the owner of King was banned or quit like 1-2 years ago and it disappeared from the game.

MrNiceMNC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shinobi of atlantic got "married" on UO a few months back and he had the EM inscribe his ring as a the "King Of Thieves". So becareful with rings.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Peil has the original.

Athelas [Treasure Trove] Museum, Atlantic

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correction: Says "The King of Thieves" as opposed to the original "King of Thieves"

I have my personal opinion on people that try to replicate EM items....but I'll leave that alone.

Shinobi of atlantic got "married" on UO a few months back and he had the EM inscribe his ring as a the "King Of Thieves". So becareful with rings.

A

A Stoned Mariner

Well....a person who through sly and legal in game tactics could employ rares "forgery" skills certainly can't have it held against them could they?

All they would be doing is RP'ing a forger? No more distasteful or unscrupulous than someone RP'ing a murderer or a thief right?

A Stoned Mariner

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well....a person who through sly and legal in game tactics could employ rares "forgery" skills certainly can't have it held against them could they?

All they would be doing is RP'ing a forger? No more distasteful or unscrupulous than someone RP'ing a murderer or a thief right?

A Stoned Mariner
The fault would belong to the EM that made a copy of what was the most valuable ring in UO.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fault would belong to the EM that made a copy of what was the most valuable ring in UO.
The original King of Thieves ring is gold where as the copy is silver, yes you can dye jewelry with natural dyes but there is no natural dye that will match the gold color.

As much as I hate it, you can't expect the Em's to keep track of all of the shard specific seer items, we have no completely accurate list to fall back on besides a few notables. I'm all for preserving seer history, perhaps a way can be found to educate our Em's on the existence of these items.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
took someone long enough to do that

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where'd the original come from? I don't know anything about it.
Its an atl seer item from around 1998 or so. Atlantic has many seer rings, OES still has most of the rings they were initially issued, Darrien keeps them locked down in his library. Atlantic lost the vast majority of its seer items a long time ago when Xanther's museum vanished. Perhaps we'll get them restored one day.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Athelas the original king of thieves ring is silver from pacific. the ATL version is gold. I believe the atl version disappeared years and years ago though.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Pacific ring went to a member of BUB in 98 if I'm not mistaken when during a seer event BUB thieves swiped a pair of wedding rings. The seer traded the king of thieves ring for the wedding rings after we of BUB did the classy thing and offered the chance to buy them back.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Athelas the original king of thieves ring is silver from pacific. the ATL version is gold. I believe the atl version disappeared years and years ago though.
I am referring to the Atl version, also a seer item, hence why I mentioned it as gold.