• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grizzled Mare Statuette

R

Righteous

Last night I recieved the Grizzled Mare Statuette as loot off the peerless and was wondering if its worth while for my necromage to have it as a steed or should I use it as a deco item in my house. How many slots does it take and is it worth sending into battle?

Righteous

L

Luke Carjacker

It's good only for deco - either in statue form or ridden. It has zero usefulness in battle.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont use my necro often but he does have a grizzled to ride. It can be trained like all pets but whilst it can deal with minor spawn it is not really suited for fighting. It takes just one slot.

Grats on the drop .

R

Righteous

I dont use my necro often but he does have a grizzled to ride. It can be trained like all pets but whilst it can deal with minor spawn it is not really suited for fighting. It takes just one slot.

Grats on the drop .
Can you stable the grizzled?

Righteous

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's good only for deco - either in statue form or ridden. It has zero usefulness in battle.
It does have that 100% poison resist though. Which could be made to be useful :).

The problem is, unless they changed something, the Mare doesn't follow commands :/. I've been sitting on a deeded one myself, don't know what to do with it.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can't give it commands, how do you train it?
Really you don't. Also if you ride it i would carry an extra ethy, because the grizzle mare does die and all u have is a dead horse following you.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're good for RP, but then so is a dead mare that's been animated. I wish they would remove the resists, make them 0 follower slots with no mounted speed, and make them useable by any race. I don't want to abuse a mechanic, I just want my necro/tamer to be able to sit on one at 5/5.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grizzled Mare is not a Bonded Hell Stead. Its just a horse with a different skin. If you can lore it. It should have the same stats as a horse.

R

Righteous

I thought I missed something as well.
One of the peerless drops is a Grizzled Mare Statuette which when used gives you a undead steed to ride that instantly bonds to you like the swampy that proxymous drops.

Righteous

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grizzled Mare is not a Bonded Hell Stead. Its just a horse with a different skin. If you can lore it. It should have the same stats as a horse.
So the Grizzled Mare has the stats of a Skeletal Steed rather than a Hellsteed? UOGuide seems confused on this.

H

HongKongCavalier

If you can't give it commands, how do you train it?
It obeys commands, and it can be trained. Just tested this a few minutes ago.

I just lored my Grizzled Mare, and here's what I got:

Hits 101
Stamina 83
Mana 11

Str 101
Dex 83
Int 111
Barding Difficulty 62.4

Resists
Physical 45
Fire 34
Cold 32
Poison 32
Energy 39

Damage 20% each resist type
Base Damage 5 - 7

Wrestling 85.1
Tactics 85.3
Resisting Spells 95
Anatomy 27.6

Eats meat
No pack instinct

Can they be rezzed?
Yes, they can be rezzed. They can also be stabled, they cannot be traded once bonded (only the actual statue can be), and they take 1 control slot.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's funky. They eat meat? Well, good to know they obey commands, too :). I had always heard they didn't, so I sat on the one I got ... er, as in, kept it in statuette form, heh.

Abercoby

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I have a question and I can't find a clear answer anywhere: I recently bought one and I do not know what version it is. According to uoguide if it is an early version it can be dispelled permanently (not sure what that exactly means). I have spawned mine but I am not sure if it is an early version. Can it be dispelled permanently from a mob or when you try to spawn it from a statuette if it is an early version? Does anyone know?