• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Community Discussion Question #1: Display Items

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see all of us start to continue to support a community and this forum become more than just price checks. I plan on periodically starting some community discussion threads. If you have ideas for future discussions, PM them to me and please remember to discuss and not attack one another. We can all participate and respect that some of us may have different opinions or ideas.

Now for our first attempt at this...

What would you like to see in UO that would help you as a rares collector display your items? What would help encourage creativity of your museums or rares displays? Have you discovered a creative way to display your items? If so, share it!

I'd personally love to see some sort of wine rack or bottle display that changes graphics based on how many items are in it. Similar to the 'full bookcases' they have put in, but with some sort of bottle theme. As a collector of drinks, I find that my house looks like an alcoholic's home with bottles everywhere. It would be nice to have something I could put the bottles into where folks could view them and it would be attractive as well.
I'd like to see this item as craftable by players.

Another item that might be attractive would be a jewelry case a graphic based off the chicken incubators but with a jewelry motif that changes again based on items inside. With several older pieces of jewelry being newbied such as older wedding rings, we have to put them in a container to display them. Having something that is reflective of a jewelry case would be more attractive and recognized by visitors rather than an engraved bag/box.

F

Fraggles

I think this thread and other discussion threads is a good idea! What i would like to see that house help me display my items would be pedestals that i can engrave with the item info.Right now i use books locked down beside my items but not only does it use up alot more lockdowns but also looks abit tacky.
I would also like some shelves that you can place one or two items on per shelf like the bookcase graphics but be able to auctally see the items without having to open the shelve. At the moment i use alot of stone tables and have also made some some tables useing gaza's but have not had much luck in making a shelf with them and being able to see all the items on the shelf.
Oh and custimized castles would be cool also lol!

D

DVI

I'd like to see body forms for display purposes, yes you can use a vendor, but I think something similar to the practice form that thieves and warriors can use to practice on would be cool to have as an option too.

N

Nastia Cross

I'd like to see body forms for display purposes, yes you can use a vendor, but I think something similar to the practice form that thieves and warriors can use to practice on would be cool to have as an option too.
There was a thread awhile back that talked about utilizing the "Dress Form" craftable for this purpose.

N

Nastia Cross

PS. I also would like to see a wine rack or bottle shelf container like the full bookcase.

Y

Yen Sid

PS. I also would like to see a wine rack or bottle shelf container like the full bookcase.
There is always the barrel lid/clock wine rack ;).

I would like to see an engraving tool for the pedestals we currently have and can still get from the puzzle room. I like them but they are kinda plain without a plaque or something on them describing the item.