• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Chesapeake Rares Festival 2010 - Raffle Winners

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following books and people are the winners for the raffle prizes

Gunpowder - Book 42 - Winner: Gizmo
Dirty Pot - Book 7 - Winner: Seven
Mornwok Estate Book - Book 40 - Winner: Bliss Marie
50/50 - Book 10 - Winner: Seven

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to use this thread to say thanks to all who worked so hard on the rares festival. Great set up for the auction, great and fun events - and the choice of location was very good. Thanks to the EMs of Chessie as well. I hope those that had vendors there also felt it was worthwhile. Thanks!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah thanks alot guys, was a blast. You guys rock and i got an item i've been after for ages :D

Was a lovely location, much better than Luna :) Thanks for all the work you put in!

D

DVI

Hopefully this will show future hosts of the festival that not only does it not need to be held in luna, but that it is actually better being done else where as the festival was originally intended.

I'd like to congratulate everyone who worked hard to put this together, you did an excellent job, and have raised the bar for future hosts.

F

Fraggles

I had a wonderful time also! i was unsure at first on the whole auction at a house thing but i actually injoyed it more then the tradition type auctions as it gave me time to reserch the items. I also loved the play! that was one of the highlights for me...funny stuff. Thank you everyone for all your time and effert in makeing this a wonderful and new experence for me and others. And i think it has paved the road for future Rares Fests

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we all appreciate the thanks, just glad you guys had a good time, we had some weight on our shoulders will possible pacific scammers lurking around trying to pull something on us and we expected less than 10 items to be submitted to the auction after what happened on pac, but we actually ended up with around 80+ items at the auction which is a crazy high amount !

it took until the 8th rares festival to get it to take place OUTSIDE of malas and in a different facet all together ! but i think we did a pretty good job and i hope everyone had a good time, hope they enjoyed the events, hope they bought some nice rares and made a bunch of gold

huge difference between attending and hosting a rares festival fyi, very exhausting, our whole crew is pretty tired from all this, we've all been on trying to make sure we did everything right and tried to help everyone as best we could when they asked for something, i know people didn't like when the auction house went private and everyone got booted but more rares had to be put in

MORE IMPORTANTLY, IF YOU HAVE A WINNING RAFFLE BOOK, PLEASE CONTACT ME !

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Mornwok Estate Book Prize was just claimed by Bliss Marie, her winning book of number 40 with the code inside matched up with the code i had written down, congrats Bliss Marie ! Now all that needs to be claimed is the 50/50 prize, don't be shy if you have the winner which is number 24, please contact me !

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say that before this fest I did not liked the idea of a fest outside luna, but I was wrong because I liked it more than the luna ones. Several houses with vendors was a very good idea. There was not so much people standing on vendors saying "vendor browse" because it was possible to browse them from outside the house.
The tons of Harbingers summoned was amazing, that was too much fun.

A big :ten: for the fest and hosters. Thanks.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say that before this fest I did not liked the idea of a fest outside luna, but I was wrong because I liked it more than the luna ones. Several houses with vendors was a very good idea. There was not so much people standing on vendors saying "vendor browse" because it was possible to browse them from outside the house.
The tons of Harbingers summoned was amazing, that was too much fun.

A big :ten: for the fest and hosters. Thanks.
glad to hear it, i like people to change their mindset on luna is the best place in uo, the harbingers got very annoying at times but one day all the yellow crystals in game will be gone :p

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Mornwok Estate Book Prize was just claimed by Bliss Marie, her winning book of number 40 with the code inside matched up with the code i had written down, congrats Bliss Marie ! Now all that needs to be claimed is the 50/50 prize, don't be shy if you have the winner which is number 24, please contact me !
Thank you for the prize!
Everyone check your books, again. I didn't realize I had a winning book until this evening... which was a whole day after the drawing. (They don't call me FasterThanThat for nothing! =)

BlissMarie

P

PoCove

I wish I had the time to go ... By all accounts it was a great event ..

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we will be drawing a new winning number for the 50/50 raffle prize at 8:00 pm EST tonight at the location of the rares fest vendor malls unless someone comes forward with the winning book before that

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it took until the 8th rares festival to get it to take place OUTSIDE of malas and in a different facet all together ! but i think we did a pretty good job and i hope everyone had a good time, hope they enjoyed the events, hope they bought some nice rares and made a bunch of gold

huge difference between attending and hosting a rares festival fyi, very exhausting, our whole crew is pretty tired from all this, we've all been on trying to make sure we did everything right and tried to help everyone as best we could when they asked for something, i know people didn't like when the auction house went private and everyone got booted but more rares had to be put in
I'm glad that every thing went smooth this time and the griefing was limited compared to last time and the "theft" of items did not occur. Well done to all.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
drawing a new number soon, just wait around there at 8 pm, might be a couple mins late but not by much, thanks

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just rerolled a new number and the winning number is 10, if you have number 10 please contact me for the 50/50 prize, thanks, my icq is 102388892

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just confirmed that Seven has also won the 50/50 raffle prize which was 25 million gold, congrats Seven !

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, congratulations on winning the 50/50, Seven!
You won 50% of the raffles. It seems that you are blessed!

Demonous, you got a new avatar ... but your last one looked good. Now I am wondering if you might be somewhat barbaric. Perhaps Apetul is more likely to trust you now that you look so much more ... trustworthy.

*cringes*
:p

BlissMarie