• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tnker legs

B

Black tower

Why are the animated tinker legs so dang expensive, are they medable? are they worth it?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two properties SSI +10% and DI +10% are why the the Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker are in such demand. Also it has decent Resists with Physical, Fire and Poison.

Tinker Legs are the ideal armor piece for an Archer to build a suit around. Incorporating the Tinker Legs onto a Sampire is much more difficult without giving something up DCI/MR/LMC.

I certainly don't think the current prices we see listed in the range of 65M-85M are worth it. I'm willing to pay 40M but not anymore than that.

The problem is the drop rate is abysmal. I myself have killed 80 Wyverns and all I got was Storm Caller. So I have for the time being given up farming for Tinker Legs.:sad2:

Bottom line is it's worth what people will pay.

If I have to wait a year or more for the price on Animated Tinker Legs to come down to what I consider a reasonable price then that's what I'll have to do. I do know I'm not paying these outlandish prices people are calling for.

C

canary

The two properties SSI +10% and DI +10% are why the the Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker are in such demand. Also it has decent Resists with Physical, Fire and Poison.

Tinker Legs are the ideal armor piece for an Archer to build a suit around. Incorporating the Tinker Legs onto a Sampire is much more difficult without giving something up DCI/MR/LMC.

I certainly don't think the current prices we see listed in the range of 65M-85M are worth it. I'm willing to pay 40M but not anymore than that.

The problem is the drop rate is abysmal. I myself have killed 80 Wyverns and all I got was Storm Caller. So I have for the time being given up farming for Tinker Legs.:sad2:

Bottom line is it's worth what people will pay.

If I have to wait a year or more for the price on Animated Tinker Legs to come down to what I consider a reasonable price then that's what I'll have to do. I do know I'm not paying these outlandish prices people are calling for.
I've actually snagged two and sold one. :thumbup1:

B

Black tower

Ty for ure response. So the tinker legs would work best on an archer? What about them not being medable, doesnt that completely ruin them? Hows an archer to get back the mana fast if theyre not medable which leads me to believe that in PvP youd best take out ure enemy on ure first full mana bar.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty for ure response. So the tinker legs would work best on an archer? What about them not being medable, doesnt that completely ruin them? Hows an archer to get back the mana fast if theyre not medable which leads me to believe that in PvP youd best take out ure enemy on ure first full mana bar.
without some mana leech on the bow, slow passive med/focus is all you get i think.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
without some mana leech on the bow, slow passive med/focus is all you get i think.
With necro you can have Lich form with a couple HPR to counter the negative and that gives you effectively 13 MR without medable required. Wraith form and SS you gain a mana leech boost which counters the archery half leech issue. There is a can't mount problem in these forms though.

Tinker legs also have 5 dex. The tinker legs are very useful for archers.

SSI on the suit is important because SSI on a weapon affects the leech amount. Having a SSI suit allows you to lower the weapon SSI and effectively increase the leech amounts. The higher leech amounts are again important on archers because the ranged weapon leach is halfed. Also, lowering SSI on the weapon and having a DI 100 suit means you can add useful properties to the bow like balanced or whatever.

-Lorax

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
What template have you guys been farming them with? Typically, I use my necro/tamer for all of the minichamps, but he's not effective against the undead, as these champs tend to be more resistant to cold damage (cold damage from wither and cu).

Ran the skeletal dragon a couple times with my sampire and it was easier. Thoughts on the best template?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What template have you guys been farming them with? Typically, I use my necro/tamer for all of the minichamps, but he's not effective against the undead, as these champs tend to be more resistant to cold damage (cold damage from wither and cu).

Ran the skeletal dragon a couple times with my sampire and it was easier. Thoughts on the best template?
i farmed it with my old archer with only a slayer bow, no chiv or anything. dragon slayer for baby dragons and mischief maker for the mages and then dragon slayer again for the renowned. cold actually works well on the mages imho, with a bow at least.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Cool. I suited up my neglected sampire and have been using him. Seems to work pretty well. It's a pretty short champ.