• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I haven't played in years

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I quit with the NGE, how has it changed? Will it still be around after SWTOR comes out? Have they done server merges? I played on Shadowfire. If your server merged where does that leave you if you ever did come back? Just curious. Thanks!

B

BadgerSmaker

Hey there,

It's been 4 years, 6 months and 2 days since the NGE. It's a completely different game now and vastly improved. I'd recommend at least a trial of it to see the difference.

STAR WARS GALAXIES™ TRIAL PROGRAM!

There were some mergers, Corbantis, Europe-Infinity, Intrepid, Kauri, Kettemoor, Lowca, Naritus, Scylla, Tarquinas, Tempest, Valcyn and Wanderhome were all closed and Free Transfers were given to the remaining 13 servers.

Of those servers, you can see how the population differs from these stats: SWG Galactic Civil War and Player City Statistics - 14th of May 2010.

Shadowfire is still up but one of the lower population servers, if you did have a character on one of the now closed servers Customer Services will transfer it to the server of your choice for free, more info on that is here:

[SWG] Retrieving characters on closed servers

I hope that helps.

H

HeadOn

Hey there,

It's been 4 years, 6 months and 2 days since the NGE. It's a completely different game now and vastly improved. I'd recommend at least a trial of it to see the difference.

STAR WARS GALAXIES™ TRIAL PROGRAM!

There were some mergers, Corbantis, Europe-Infinity, Intrepid, Kauri, Kettemoor, Lowca, Naritus, Scylla, Tarquinas, Tempest, Valcyn and Wanderhome were all closed and Free Transfers were given to the remaining 13 servers.

Of those servers, you can see how the population differs from these stats: SWG Galactic Civil War and Player City Statistics - 14th of May 2010.

Shadowfire is still up but one of the lower population servers, if you did have a character on one of the now closed servers Customer Services will transfer it to the server of your choice for free, more info on that is here:

[SWG] Retrieving characters on closed servers

I hope that helps.

I just read this and decided to pull out one of my old accounts. To my surprise I am actually enjoying the game again, so much in fact that I canceled my World of Warcraft subscription.

B

BadgerSmaker

I just read this and decided to pull out one of my old accounts. To my surprise I am actually enjoying the game again, so much in fact that I canceled my World of Warcraft subscription.
Very cool, welcome back. :)