• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Gorn Tries His Hand At Smuggling! (Fel Event)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorn Tries His Hand At Smuggling (Fel Event)

Monday, June 21, 2010
By Sangria

Queen Dawn was doing (the much hated but had to be done or the kingdom would fall apart or so she was told) paper work at her desk when Jayden Marcus strode in with the attitude of justified righteousness. Queen Dawn groaned inwardly as she set aside her quill and wondered what trouble Maya and Gorn had gotten into this time.

Queen Dawn! I beg your pardon at interrupting you, but there is a matter of urgency that needs a moment of your attention Jayden rattled off as he bowed.

Queen Dawn hated people bowing to her. Jayden knew this, but just couldn't seem to help himself. Go on, she said.

This note was found at Yew Fel gate. Jayden dropped a grimy, torn, and possibly blood stained note on top of her other paperwork then rubbed his hand fastidiously against his sleeve.

Wanted: Those who are willing to transport goods from Fel to Tram. Must be able and willing to fight. Meet me at Ter Mur moongate Friday (June 25) at 7:15 pst. Gorn

He damn well better not be transporting potions! I'm sick to death of potions! Queen Dawn said then remembered the strange crystal Sherry the Mouse had found a few months earlier. Queen Dawn had an uneasy feeling that in the near future potions would be the least of her worries

Jayden unknowingly pulled her back to the here and now, Harry got those potions, or at least the ingredients, from somewhere. Those mares were nasty!! Harry's supplier could very well be Gorn.

Queen Dawn didn't think so. Gorn was probably just sending Maya some love letters. Since he had been banished back to Ter Mur, anything he sent to Britannia would have been destroyed or returned. So if he wanted to communicate with Maya, that left only one option - smuggling. But Jayden had one very good argument. Gorn was in a perfect position to get Harry what he needed. If that was true Oh lord she thought, I'm getting as paranoid as Jayden. Okay Jayden, what did you have in mind?

Jayden grinned.

ATTENTION: The Royal Guard has been summoned to Brit Castle Friday (June 25) at 7:00 pst.

***OOC note to thieves: all items in this event are stealable.***

More...

U

uocommodities

This was by far the worst event ive been to! You asked us to deliver items for you and we do so and then you leave us waiting at the castle for 40 mins to just come back and tell us TY!.

Quote:
Wanted: Those who are willing to transport goods from Fel to Tram. Must be able and willing to fight. Meet me at Ter Mur moongate Friday (June 25) at 7:15 pst.

Several of us were quite upset that we got rewarded with nothing! Did you expect us to be happy! We risked our necks transporting your goods in fel and we made it. All for nothing!
Then you decide to rage log after we all agreed it was not fair and all you can say was you agree you dropped the ball! Very unprofessional!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quote:
Wanted: Those who are willing to transport goods from Fel to Tram. Must be able and willing to fight. Meet me at Ter Mur moongate Friday (June 25) at 7:15 pst.

Several of us were quite upset that we got rewarded with nothing!
It's all about the items...sad because I had a great time collecting insurance. No where the news did I read anything about getting a item.

I did get two nifty red scrolls from a pair of bodies.

U

uocommodities

Wanted: Those who are willing to transport goods from Fel to Tram. Must be able and willing to fight. Meet me at Ter Mur moongate Friday (June 25) at 7:15 pst. Gorn

That was posted by the EM. did you not read that! we followed the story line like how it was supposed to be. take the goods he provided and transport them safly threw fel to go into the gate and bring them back to brit safly. If you knew that then you would of understood why were are all upset. next time you comment make sure you get the facts right.

U

uocommodities

And no it isnt about items! we would of liked to of been included to fight but instead that never happened as when we delivered the items we were told to stay there. more then 20 of us there at the castle not knowing what was going on. Congrats you made some insurance $$$ The event was still a bust! Even The Em said he messed up! Now how can you say otherwise.

N

Nightly Spirit

This had nothing to do with the items. When you do an event its not for the items, its more of rping. If you would all look at what was said in the original posting for this event , we were suppose to deliver goods to brit castle in tram from fel. The task had been completed better than could have been hoped for and the people who delivered the goods were not told of any pvping going on in fel, they simply had to make it to a gate and take the goods to the castle. After this was accomplished the EM says "Ill be right back" and we dont see him for 40mins. Had no clue what was going on, just that they did what they were suppose to do and noone advised them to do anything else. Very poorly executed event. If he wanted the people to fight after the delivery he should have advised them what was going on. :(

U

uocommodities

Agreed! I dont mind fighting or dieing as long as im part of the event! WTG leaving all the people in tram out of the event! Epic Fail!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im rusty as all hell and im pretty sure i died more then anyone else lmfao! but i had a blast doing it!, totally agree there were some things that didnt go as Sangria planned, but ya have to give her props for her first solo event! Em's only a volunteer who is tryin to give us some entertainment! sometimes it'll work out! and sometimes it wont!

U

uocommodities

I would like to give him props but i cant see myself doing that. Im glad you had fun even if it was dieing. i prob would of had fun if me and the other 20 something people wasnt left out of it at brit castle after we completed the delivery. Im glad some had fun but still wish he did not forget about the other people at brit castle he told to wait there. Hopefully next time he wont forget about us and include us even if its to die in fel.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your first post clearly indicates your personal greed in that you said "Several of us were quite upset that we got rewarded with nothing!"

I fail to see how you were left behind at brit castle when a good number of other players made it to the shrine and fought. If you happened to expect the EM to hand you everything then I guess we can see where the error occured.

No one told you that this event was a must attend or else. The EM is a volunteer, if you can do better don't post here complaining that you were thought it went bad, instead apply for the job.

L

longrod

I didnt think the event was too bad atleast there was some excitement,i died a bunch got some justice worked up and got two red scrolls.

K

[King_Fisher]

I got 6 scrolls but I paid my price for everyone in a series of glorious deaths. In the end I gave one scroll to another player who kept me alive long enough to steal it and get away. During the meet and greet last week a large group of people asked for thief events and more fel events. I am glad they listened. Even though I expected a rush of blue tamers to burst through a gate at some time. It just never happened lol. Oh and Picus are your red scrolls labelled like mine? If not we gotta ask Sangria to fix em. 1 got one more but its just red and blank.

Attachments

L

Lost-Soul

I logged after I asked in chat several times where everyone went from the castle and got no responce. Tried general chat and both event chats.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got 6 scrolls but I paid my price for everyone in a series of glorious deaths. In the end I gave one scroll to another player who kept me alive long enough to steal it and get away. During the meet and greet last week a large group of people asked for thief events and more fel events. I am glad they listened. Even though I expected a rush of blue tamers to burst through a gate at some time. It just never happened lol. Oh and Picus are your red scrolls labelled like mine? If not we gotta ask Sangria to fix em. 1 got one more but its just red and blank.
After a log in and out and in they are all fixed.

S

Salya Sin

Ok everyone... please be patient. This was Sangria's first solo event... it's hard enough to be everywhere with two people... much less one. She'll get the hang of it... just give her some time.

And when does ANY Fel event go the way it's planned to go? There is always a bit of a proverbial slap to everyone who participates because it's not like most of the red's show for anything other than PKing... I'm not complaining about that... just FYI... that is Fel. But you have to give it a little bit of time for Sangria to adjust here.

Honestly... from talking to those in Napa... who don't get on here at all... they had fun! I'm not minimizing those who didn't... just asking that you not be so hateful... this was one event of many. It will get better! I can't imagine trying to run one of these things alone... :eek: