• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Christmas 1997 bag contents

T

Trevelyan

Does anybody know what exactly was in the bags and whether it was all the same?

So far, I am seeing that every character would get a bag and that:
- Bags were based on character karma
- 3 colours available (grey being the one I have) for the bag

- Every card was the same in name
- 3 colours supposedly, yet ive only ever seen green

- Grape bunch OR dates
- I've never heard of grapes being given out but the bag I have has newbied grapes

- A wrist watch

- Fruit cake

- Two champagne glasses, one green one pink

- A bottle of eggnog

- A 100 charge fireworks wand

BAD characters received a dark grey bag called "You were naughty this year!", containing

- Coal (now dark "ore")

- Spam

- switches

- A card with 3 colours called "Maybe next year you will get a nicer gift."

Was there also a bottle of champagne somewhere? Would appreciate any info or screenshots (in PNG or bitmap preferably) if someone has anything else to offer!

And what are these black santa gloves i've seen mention of? What is the story behind these?

Thanks!

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For positive karma, they also had a white bottle entitled: "a bottle of champagne"

S

shulginist

The three happy holidays bags and seasons greetings cards are the same colors green/red/grey.

T

Trevelyan

If anyone has some pics that would be cool - and was the champagne in the same bag? Or an alternative to something else? And was everything there, or was it just a selection?

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anybody know what exactly was in the bags and whether it was all the same?

So far, I am seeing that every character would get a bag and that:
- Bags were based on character karma
- 3 colours available (grey being the one I have) for the bag

- Every card was the same in name
- 3 colours supposedly, yet ive only ever seen green

- Grape bunch OR dates
- I've never heard of grapes being given out but the bag I have has newbied grapes

- A wrist watch

- Fruit cake

- Two champagne glasses, one green one pink

- A bottle of eggnog

- A 100 charge fireworks wand

BAD characters received a dark grey bag called "You were naughty this year!", containing

- Coal (now dark "ore")

- Spam

- switches

- A card with 3 colours called "Maybe next year you will get a nicer gift."

Was there also a bottle of champagne somewhere? Would appreciate any info or screenshots (in PNG or bitmap preferably) if someone has anything else to offer!

And what are these black santa gloves i've seen mention of? What is the story behind these?

Thanks!
If I remember correctly the black "Santa" gloves were just regular gloves that were hued a dark color (back then there were no leather dye tubs). I think you killed Santa and took his gloves? To many years to remember............

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly the black "Santa" gloves were just regular gloves that were hued a dark color (back then there were no leather dye tubs). I think you killed Santa and took his gloves? To many years to remember............
Yeah as I recall... we killed Santa... *hangs head* We were vicious back in the beginning. Goodman is right, the black gloves were a big deal because they were leather and we didn't have any ability to dye leather. I'm not sure if they still exist. They had no attributes and I'm not sure on what their color is compared to leather dye and the dark invasion leather armor.

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone give me a PC on the Cards & Champagne Glasses?
I have 5 cards for sale on Europa (3x Grey, 1 red, 1 green) and 1 of each of the glasses.

J

Jasonleebeck

Yeah as I recall... we killed Santa... *hangs head* We were vicious back in the beginning. Goodman is right, the black gloves were a big deal because they were leather and we didn't have any ability to dye leather. I'm not sure if they still exist. They had no attributes and I'm not sure on what their color is compared to leather dye and the dark invasion leather armor.
Some also killed Santa and got his red chainmail leggings..was very cool.