• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] More FAKE Rares...

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Real Pumice does not change color, it NEVER has. I have 3 sets of moonstones that do not change color when clicked.

Real Evil Mage cloth was obtained from killing Evil Mages ONLY. It can also be replicated by a Special Dye Tub. The only way to tell true Evil Mage cloth is by double blessed clothing or [Exceptional] tag.

Zog cloth was a rare color that spawned in Tailors Inventory but is no longer rare after the introduction of Special Dye Tubs. Though there are a lot of people that say zog cloth never truly existed.

D

DVI

Zig can actually still be obtained if one knows how, but I'm not sharing that secret.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A color similar to true mare cloth was also craftable at one point via the using of thrasher tails. It was fixed shortly after they came out.

True pumice is grey, -but- the original hue pumice can be made via exploit currently, so that is no longer really a rare in my opinion. The bug to make the colored pumice to the best of my knowledge hasn't been active in a number of years.

Dark red/brown bloodspawn, neon yellow-gold 'eye of newt' etc are current exploit items.

These are all items that I plan on putting up in a sticky thread about protecting the community.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Real Pumice does not change color, it NEVER has. I have 3 sets of moonstones that do not change color when clicked.

Real Evil Mage cloth was obtained from killing Evil Mages ONLY. It can also be replicated by a Special Dye Tub. The only way to tell true Evil Mage cloth is by double blessed clothing or [Exceptional] tag.

Zog cloth was a rare color that spawned in Tailors Inventory but is no longer rare after the introduction of Special Dye Tubs. Though there are a lot of people that say zog cloth never truly existed.
False evil mage cloth can't be replicated by a special dye tub. And that only identifies evil mage made clothing that was crafted during that time period. Many collectors still have the original cloth.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
assia the thrasher tail cloth and true mare cloth will stack.
I knew the color was very similar to true mare, but couldn't be absolutely positive it was the 'exact' same hue.
Thanks Omnius!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zog can actually still be obtained if one knows how, but I'm not sharing that secret.
Aye Zog cloth cannot be replicated by special dye tubs but i too have obtained some recently another way. I got like 2000 of it stored at home.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So that would explain why my bloodspawn is reddish, eh?

Oh well, still works for display.

S

Simon Francis

That's not true actually. There was a bug where one could make pure mare cloth with a certain item for a while. The evil mage cloth with the [exceptional] tag just meant that it was crafted during a certain period of time in UO, just like [sewn by] or the blessed (blessed) [blessed] title tells the same.

Evil mage cloth does exist though in mass quantities, its just a matter of when it was crafted or blessed.

T

Tinsil

Yep yep.

Idk if I'd list them as completely fake rares though.. as I mean they're still worth something.

It's not like "fake" as in a book with a name like "A blood stained book" that's complete trash or something.

It's just not the real thing, but still rare to some extent.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep yep.

Idk if I'd list them as completely fake rares though.. as I mean they're still worth something.

It's not like "fake" as in a book with a name like "A blood stained book" that's complete trash or something.

It's just not the real thing, but still rare to some extent.
:(

And that is the exact reason why items like it will always be sold.

Athelas [Treasure Trove] Museum, Atlantic

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a few items and their origins...

straw pillow...(same graphic as treasure sand)
bone...(abbys tail?)
flask...(any natural dye color)
empty vial...(goblins blood)
bulls horn...(gamen horn)
cut of raw ribs...(unicorn rib)
clean bandages...(faction bandages)

EricVT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When people say "Zog" cloth what exactly is that? I've heard people refer to both the dark green cloth and the dark gray cloth as zog (the latter I always knew as 'shadowlord' cloth on Atlantic).

If referring the dark green cloth, I know that it spawns as clothing on some player vendors when you place them. I've successfully stacked a cut up shirt from a vendor and some of the real stuff that I had stored away. Obviously not a very efficient way to get some of it, especially considering it is still VERY abundant in some player's inventories, at least on Atlantic.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
When people say "Zog" cloth what exactly is that? I've heard people refer to both the dark green cloth and the dark gray cloth as zog (the latter I always knew as 'shadowlord' cloth on Atlantic).

If referring the dark green cloth, I know that it spawns as clothing on some player vendors when you place them. I've successfully stacked a cut up shirt from a vendor and some of the real stuff that I had stored away. Obviously not a very efficient way to get some of it, especially considering it is still VERY abundant in some player's inventories, at least on Atlantic.
It's a somewhat controversial subject http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=457842