• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

buying gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
buying gold or any game's currency is a violation of their Terms of Service agreement. if you are cought you will most likely get banned. some currencies are duped, this couses problems with their gaming engines thus creating unwanted lag. be careful.

A

Anderuin

One of my cousins friends does nothing but spend RL money on ingame gold and basically wastes all their money on it. Doesn't matter to me, I just don't see the point in spending REAL LIFE money on ingame gold. I like to earn everything I have in the game, it's a game, not real life. Although I know quite a few people who have problems differentiating the two.

M

matthewjames

whats ur opinion of it, have you done it?
Very bad thing to do man. You don't wanna start doing that, slippery slope to game addiction and being broke :p

If its any indication of how bad it is, posting gold or powerlvling on the forums here can be reason for ban.

Thats how horrible it is :p

D

dyrk

i was just asking for a poll, i know ppl who do it, i just wanted others opinions

Valfelan

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was just asking for a poll, i know ppl who do it, i just wanted others opinions
it's not something that us honest gamers appreciate, i've seen end game level players who didn't even know if the items in their packs was worth anything and sold stuff that WAS worth mentioning for a fraction of the price you could get from an NPC, bought account ya think? I cannot in all honesty endorse or respect anyone who pays real cash for what so many earned the hard way.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought gold when I played. To me I see nothing wrong with a strong secondary market.

Also, you already are spending RL $ on WoW, you paid for the game, and for the monthly fee. So what's wrong with paying for some gold ?

D

dyrk

I bought gold when I played. To me I see nothing wrong with a strong secondary market.

Also, you already are spending RL $ on WoW, you paid for the game, and for the monthly fee. So what's wrong with paying for some gold ?
how many times did you do it, how much did you buy at one time?

N

Naisikras

Everyone that plays WoW spends real life money on the game. So the idea isn't so extraordinary is it?

All it is, is business. Time = Money, it just comes down to what is worth more? Your time? Or your Money?

A lot of us older gamers find our time more important. One outting with my family on the weekend can put a $200.00 dent in my wallet. Next weekend I stay home and spend half that on what would it be? 10, 20, 30k gold?

Kid A spends all day grinding gold for 10k gold.
Adult A spends couple horus at work and buys 10k gold.

If anything, I know who I would respect more...

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone that plays WoW spends real life money on the game. So the idea isn't so extraordinary is it?

All it is, is business. Time = Money, it just comes down to what is worth more? Your time? Or your Money?

A lot of us older gamers find our time more important. One outting with my family on the weekend can put a $200.00 dent in my wallet. Next weekend I stay home and spend half that on what would it be? 10, 20, 30k gold?

Kid A spends all day grinding gold for 10k gold.
Adult A spends couple horus at work and buys 10k gold.

If anything, I know who I would respect more...
Yea, the kid who plays the game honestly. Buying = lame

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why? If your playing WoW/UO your buying online game "stuff."
Its because of the methods employed by those who get this gold. Hacking account and stripping chars and guild bank. When you buy your gold, thats where the majority of it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.