• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] "Snap back" rares?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a while ago some rares would snap back into place if they decayed. Buckets I guess would sometimes snap back to the hedge maze with items inside of it (uncomfirmed?) that decayed with it. Anyways, does this still happen? Or will they snap back and be locked down now.

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I remember the discussions of this back in the day and something came to me recently with the clarification of the gypsy camp bug..

This would not explain all occurrences but what if back in the day, when gypsy camps were common and towers were the house of choice, rares snapped back because they de-spawned off the wings of towers when a gypsy camp spawned below the tower wing?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the discussions of this back in the day and something came to me recently with the clarification of the gypsy camp bug..

This would not explain all occurrences but what if back in the day, when gypsy camps were common and towers were the house of choice, rares snapped back because they de-spawned off the wings of towers when a gypsy camp spawned below the tower wing?

I didn't even think of that... hrrrm. I have a rather large collection of buckets, I think I'm going to fill one full of crap, let it decay and camp the hedge maze. Did they come from anywhere else?

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I believe they only ever came from hedge maze as a daily spawn.

Unsure if they spawned elsewhere at server birth.