• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What's been the more expensive items lately?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server births/monthlies I have been picking up between 15-90 mil lately :thumbup1: And as most of you know, I'm not into recent EM items. But I've been trying to watch the prices lately. Seems so far a one of a kind named item and all of it's sister items are fetching around 250mil, and I don't remember the name of the shield but I think it fetched 750mil. So my guess would have to be one of a kind wearable items and their sisters, but what ones?

D

DVI

While rarity will certainly play a role in value, its not the exclusive factor in determining a price. Do not forget about usage.

A couple of perfect examples....

[pre-replica]

Tongue of the beast - The asking price was around 1-1.4 bil if i remember correctly - 3 were reported again if i remember correctly.
LT Sash - Selling price was roughly 1.5 Bil - 5 were reported to exist prior to duping.

Now compare a non replica LT sash today - one was bought via this forum for around 250m. Yes, thats a drastic price difference from several years ago, and yes you could simply purchase a replica for around 20% of the price, but it just shows that people will still pay well for the real thing and that quantity doesn't necessarily play as much of a factor as many believe it does, but that there are a number of different factors that go into pricing.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I missed the "Day 2" PAH auction from the PAC rares fest, but I'm sure there were some prices that would be worth mentioning here, IF someone kept a list!

There were some break-neck prices at the LAST auction on GL that Xuri held (boy I miss Xuri....)

Don't quote me, but I think the Halloweenie armor sets went for 600m range, and there were some other very high end items like the 2-Story Talking statues that went over and beyond what they should've gone for....

I sold a 1 of 1 event sword at the PAC FEST but the owner asked to remain anonymous, if he wishes to post here, thats fine... I can tell you it went for alot more than 250m...

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think whats great about it now is that there are items for every level of collectors, i.e. 1-5 mil range, 10-100 mil range, 100-500 mil range, and beyond. On top of all that there are many items to choose from.

This kind of thread comes up about once a year and I think it is good because it help educate new collectors on what is possible out there.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find its good to choose a theme for your collection so you won't end up having to fill 5 castles full of items :D

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think whats great about it now is that there are items for every level of collectors, i.e. 1-5 mil range, 10-100 mil range, 100-500 mil range, and beyond. On top of all that there are many items to choose from.

This kind of thread comes up about once a year and I think it is good because it help educate new collectors on what is possible out there.
Very well said Manticore. I have a lot of respect for statments like this!

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Wait you need some casltes? I have a few to sell lol

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and I'm happy to see the rares collecting being that healthy! I think holiday items were awesome when they started making more of them, a lot of people love those items and they are pretty cheap to pick up. A woman I know collects them, she doesn't call herself a "rares collector" but at any rate, I'm happy she's part of the collecting community as a whole.

Does anyone have any other items to list? I'm always interested to see what's hot and rare, seems to change a lot and hard to know.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and I'm happy to see the rares collecting being that healthy! I think holiday items were awesome when they started making more of them, a lot of people love those items and they are pretty cheap to pick up. A woman I know collects them, she doesn't call herself a "rares collector" but at any rate, I'm happy she's part of the collecting community as a whole.

Does anyone have any other items to list? I'm always interested to see what's hot and rare, seems to change a lot and hard to know.
I didn't get to put in my two cents on the other thread about the rares before it got locked, but to me, the term "rare", whether it be server birth rares, monthly rares, daily rares, event item rares, Seer rares, GM rares, accidental unlocked rares, the bottom line is we gave these titles so we can identify them and the general time line they are associated with. Some people collect older items some collect new but nevertheless they are all rares. I can respect you for collecting server births only but don't forget more than 50-75 of server births were dupped so by definition since they were introduced again 9-10 years later do we still call them server births?

Currently whats hot are the Event Items and that's mainly due to the majority of the current players can identify themselves with by knowing for the most part when and where they came from and that their quantities are limited while their qualities makes some of them desirable.

But to answer your question, it is very hard to decide what's hot right now because the Ultra Ultra Event Item Rares for the most part haven't been up for sale in years. And the knowledge is only kept by a few who still remembers them. The best way to identify them is that they are low in number mostly 1 of a kind and they are either moded or has a secondary function if it was a deco. I can get you started by listing some. I'd imagine these would fall over the billion gp range by now.

1. Glorious Lady Shroud of the Champions
2. Cebo Shroud
3. The Protector Shield
4. Royal Exploerer's suit
5. Gladiator Chest
6. Gladiator Arms
7. Broken Heart Shield
8. Blackrock Sheild
9. 3 piece Yew Tree
10. Crafting Contest Shroud
11. Bane Of Hylolth Dexer Versioin
12. Bane Of Hylolth Mage Version
13. Ithilsis's Breast Plate
14. Flaming Bone Gloves
15. Flaming Bone Arms

300-999 mil range (too many to list) but here are some
1. Animated dart board
2. Large Tattered Painting
3. Guiding Ball
4. Alpha Version - Ogre Statue (archery butt)
5. Yetti Statue
6. White Stag statue
7. Haunted chests
8. Self-immolating notes
9. Silky Obi
10. Champion Obi-di-ense

so on and so on, just too many to list

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
OK I must have a White Stag Statue. Who has one that they are willing to sell?

As always a great addition Manticore!!!

H

Hurley

After being on Baja for years I finally went by there. Pretty cool, but are there three levels? Or just the downstairs and top floor?

Either way its neat, and Lineman's is very nice too. Also the one west of Umbra w/ OLD rare items is awesome.

It seems to me like there's 10x the items that have been lost/banned from looking at a couple of pages I found. Too bad noone actually uses any of the few nice PvP items.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the big museums, especially the ones with real old server birth true rares and the old seer quest items with great historys behind them ....not sure about the recent EM event trinkets , seems to be far too many of them for anyone to collect ...alas i hear/see they sell for a lot of gold?....but its the old rares from the old times i like to go see in the museums..each to there own i guess.....I wish the devs would make a pre pub16 server!!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After being on Baja for years I finally went by there. Pretty cool, but are there three levels? Or just the downstairs and top floor?

Either way its neat, and Lineman's is very nice too. Also the one west of Umbra w/ OLD rare items is awesome.

It seems to me like there's 10x the items that have been lost/banned from looking at a couple of pages I found. Too bad noone actually uses any of the few nice PvP items.
there are 2 floors in the middle that you've missed. The teleporters are under the animated waves looking thing underneath the troll-demon head mount. There is another teleporter in front of the marble pedestal that will take you to another musuem place (castle) too.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are a couple of my high end items that are worth allot because of there uniqueness. The painting and apron were awarded to Zolo from what I understand for a house decorating contest on Oceania. I am also putting in the Immolating notes as there are only 4 and when dbl clicked does a flame strike image and the hole for when you run over it, it does the flame strike graphic as well. Not sure about the math tools. says there is one or two, id be interested to know if there are more out there.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was told it was a server birth from the person I bought it from at GL rares fest. Maybe Mant would have more info on item?.
Tokuno bugged item. Some spit out flames but some didn't.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was told it was a server birth from the person I bought it from at GL rares fest. Maybe Mant would have more info on item?.
there is another hole out there that came from the birth of SA, the holes that take you too and from navery were lootable, but those holes when locked down and stepped on!, will teleport you into the wilderness near ther hedge maze i believe..