• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Might this work?

Do you think Stratics polls might work as a player safe trading ratings system?

• Total voters

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would not trust anyone based on some forum poll. There are several examples of people with positive forum notoriety turning out to be rotten apples.

Bottom line is that most trades can be performed in trade window using benchmark items such as character transfer tokens. 20 transfer tokens is already close to 300 million gold in value. You really don't need to trust anyone for 99% of the transactions and for the other 1% you better go with someone with a very long history of positive references.

Everything else is opening yourself to getting scammed.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on markeedragon they used a rating system for trades, it worked out rather well... however they also had a MD verified service where you sent in your I.D. so if you did scam someone, MD could find you.

but most places (think Ebay) use a system based on ratings. So it has to show they do in fact work.

And when I was a tradespot broker I had a thread started with my 'rep' in it. So the idea is right on track, we just need to figure out exactly will fit the needs of what we are trying to do here.

D

DVI

another uo forum not as popular as stratics but with its own following uses a rating system that I believe would be available to stratics as well, where you give people a rating of -1,0, or 1 based on the experience you have and can also write a small comment about the situation or your choice of rating.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we do this then anyone can just vote you down to grief you, thats the only problem

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we do this then anyone can just vote you down to grief you, thats the only problem

that's always been a problem, even on eBay I get negative feedback sometimes when I did nothing wrong.

the theory behind it is if you do enough trades and build your rep, then the few negatives you have will not hurt you as much, and you might be able to explain them. to bring up eBay again, that's why I LOVE you can comment on your own feedback.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One way to help solve the scammer problem would be to let us combine checks or something. If you could have 20m on one check and trade ten for 200m that would solve allot of problems

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One way to help solve the scammer problem would be to let us combine checks or something. If you could have 20m on one check and trade ten for 200m that would solve allot of problems
My thinking exactually, with the amount of money ingame now and what items go for these days it would make sense to have bigger checks, even if its just upto 2mill.

I think they don't or haven't done it as with the old way you used to be able to make large checks, as soon as a new dupe is found it makes it easier for them to make more gold quicker and as soon as the gold is deposited on a couple of vendor its untraceable. At least if items are duped its a bit harder to clean them and hide them.

Thunderz

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
My life would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

much easier with larger checks!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah theres so much gold and 1m checks around now they should create bigger checks like 10m, 20m, 50m, 100m, 500m checks.

Its such a hastle to xfer and bag checks lol.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah theres so much gold and 1m checks around now they should create bigger checks like 10m, 20m, 50m, 100m, 500m checks.

It would be a nice revamp, and while there at it make it so vendors can sell items up too 500m too. Golds cheap nowadays. Your lucky to buy a named bottle of wine for 50m anymore.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

And stress full when you have 5 packies loaded with gold following you around only to land in a city without a moongate close by.