• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So Whats with the Black 'SoulSmoke'?

S

SilentFoxXy

Seen first from dying Fallen Warriors, and now from all 'Shadow Allied' monsters/enemies in the Vanguard invasion.

As they die, so the black smoke (Ive nicknamed it SoulSmoke), is imbued into the largest damager.

Whats it all about??, obvioulsy happening for a reason?? Is it building up our defences, adding to a kill total, lowering their defences?

Any ideas??

CatT

5% Luck

Im not saying I know what it mean but, I saw it where things weren't dying. At one time I saw about 20 plumes go up all around me in Cove. Very strange indeed. It maybe where they spawn and die. Only the flamestrike shadow plumes so far as I can tell and (not the fireballs) but it was hectic in there. Got me 4 war horse. WOOT!

R

Repo

A good question, and one I've been very curious about myself. Is this somehow "choosing sides" for us?

M

Mechanic

all I know is Ben went into the hidden room at the back of his closet and somehow summoned the smoke to kill the soldiers that shot his daughter,

wait.... where am I?

C

Cinnamon

Somehow it's a relief to see that I'm not the only one that had that thought.

F

Fink

I've had the smoke transfer to me (or so it seemed) even though I hadn't done any damage at all. I was nearby, though.

S

SilentFoxXy

Dont want this to get lost so *Bump*

Would love for a Dev/Jeremy oe even maybe Drac to let us in on the secret??

This Black SoulSmoke MUST be for some reason, (And Im not referring to Jack or Lost) Its when you kill a mob in Cove/Glow its black 'Spirit' seems to be imbued (Sniffed Up) by the biggest damager.

Is this racking up a total somewhere, chosing our sides?? Marking our character for the next wave to know how many of their friends we have killed??

Let us in on your secrets please, dont like snorting stuff I dont know anything about ;)

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed that you cant raise the dead with my necro mage on these mobs. Apart from a few key spells, my Necro Mage is useless :(

K

Kratos Aurion

At the first invasion of moonglow, the first 2 days or so, I thought the Black Smoke signified a special item drop.

I never confirmed that but as the event progressed I noticed all the fallen warriors had items on them. The wisps only did it when they had threads.

possibly a connection?

But in the recent invasion, the Black Smoke appears on every killed individual creature. Nothing to loot except from the occasional vanguard. That doesn't mean you shouldn't check either.

During the ophidian invasion, the Inavils? Burchette was probably unlooted on possibly more than one occasion because no one checked low end spawn corpses (from what I hear thats what they spawned on).

That means there might possibly be rarer drop items on other corpses other than the Vanguard.

C

Connor_Graham

This Black SoulSmoke MUST be for some reason, (And Im not referring to Jack or Lost) Its when you kill a mob in Cove/Glow its black 'Spirit' seems to be imbued (Sniffed Up) by the biggest damager.

Nope. I've been hit with the smoke by things I hadn't done any damage to at all.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I've inhaled the smoke without doing any damage, at least while I was in the Rift.

S

SilentFoxXy

Also have 'Heard' that if you say 'TRICK' to a tamed Dreadhorse, it will 'Do' its special area attack, in a black cloud. However, this is'nt the Black SoulSmoke to which I have been asking about.

Also- Question, the Vanguards wear Cloak of Shadows, surely they should drop them when they die?? Is this a bug??

S

SilentFoxXy

Still no ideas??

Would be great if a famed orator, or collector of history , or even, lord forbid, a Dev, explained the meaning of this Black Smoke.

Sorry to keep harping on, but surely there is a meaning to me sniffing this pungent stuff from every corpse I create:)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have those who have noticed the smoke been carrying blackrock and/or casted armageddon?

C

Connor_Graham

I've had it happen with or without blackrock and on chars that have and haven't cast armageddon.

S

SilentFoxXy

Have those who have noticed the smoke been carrying blackrock and/or casted armageddon?
Ive had it both ways- with BR lurking in my pack, and then cunningly removed...;) and still get the SoulSmoke, also - Armagueddon has no effect (Unfortunately) On Vanguards.

J

jelinidas

I was hoping for a FOF on this tonight. Guess not. The TWO questions that were answered musta wore em out :(