• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Champ Spawn Template

M

Mr hawk

What would be a good template to solo champs with?
720 skill points.

Thank you,
Hawk

E

eekamouse

Off the top of my head...

Animal Lore
Vet
Taming
Music
Disco
Magery
Spellweaving or Provoke (or Med hehehe)

Tweak your point distribution as required with gear etc...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
your talking peace.

so id say the old necro peace wither cannon.

music
peace
necro
ss
med
magic
med

beef up your suit, 40 lmc with m/r and 70's
wraith form for the mana leech, then just wonder around and wither cannon and peace non stop.

dont see that much now that they fixed the honor bug.
but the wither cannon army still works good for champs.

L

Luke Carjacker

Yeah, discord tamer is useful for spawns, but really isn't that good for soloing. My first though was necro-peacer as well.

I solo a lot of spawns, and I like to think of it as 3 distinct stages that you need to deal with. First is the tiny stuff at the start, second is the big stuff in levels 3 & 4 and third is the big boss at the end. Let's look at each step.

First step is the little stuff - be it slimes, scorpions, lizard men, whatever. Obviously, this stuff isn't tough to kill, but you need to kill a lot of it to move the spawn and if you're working solo, it can be a challenge killing the stuff fast enough. The two templates best suited for this are sampire & necro mage (or some template with wither). Bard skills are not suited to fighting little stuff - the cool-down timer pretty much makes provoke or discord a waste against little spawn creatures. The only useful bard skill for low-level spawn might be peace in situations where there are spellcasters (imps, undead) that make withering them a pain; so we're talking necro-peace template again.

Second step is the bigger spawn creatures. Provoke is perfect skill for pretty much every spawn at this stage (maybe not bedlam or primeval lich because they have creatures that are immune to provoke); but dragons, teretan avengers, demons, etc. are all easy prey for Provoke. In conjunction with a skill that deals out damage (magery, archery, necro, perhaps spellweaving or mysticsm or even melee), a top-notch provoker is able to move the level 3 & 4 of any spawn solo. A sampire can also accomplish this at most spawns, and an ABC archer can definitely do so by himself as can a necro peacer.

Third step is the boss. This is where it gets tricky for the bard because you need to do a lot of damage to one creature. Discord is nice but doesn't do any damage on its own, and provoke & peace are generally not a big help on their own either. In some cases, such as the reptile & arachnid spawns, you can plan strategically and leave enough dragons, poison elementals & terethan avengers around to provoke onto the boss to make it worthwhile. But in all cases, you need to have some other skill besides bard to deal out the actual damage to the boss. Archery, magery, necro in conjunction with bard skills could get the job done in some cases. ABC archer is definitely the best for this task, necro can get the job done. A discord tamer would work in some situations.

So, going back to the original question. If you want one template that can accomplish all three tasks and also includes bard skills, a necro peacer perhaps with provoke would be able to do it. If you're willing to switch in the middle. I'd highly recommend a necro mage or sampire for early spawn, and an ABC archer for later spawn. You can solo any of the rotating spawns with these. I'm a bard at heart, but these skills are a better match.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive been doing the switch thing

i roll a neco mage (no peace) and then when i get higher up i switch to the disco tamer.
usually for last level spawn and champ

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive been doing the switch thing

i roll a neco mage (no peace) and then when i get higher up i switch to the disco tamer.
usually for last level spawn and champ
What pets for which champ?

I like Cu's for ease in fell, but dragons seem like a good idea...

i found even barracoon tough with my twink tamer and a Cu.... probably due to the casters stuck in the trees...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like my necro/mage/spellweaver/peacer. Very easy and cheap to make and pretty effective on the majority of spawns.

GM magery/eval/peace/music/necro/ss/spellweaving. You can add the extra 20 to any of the skills, but music and peace since at gm you won't fail and your only area peacing anyways. The only problems on the mana side is undead, spider and a level or two of the Rikktor spawn.

Paul_Va

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I like my necro/mage/spellweaver/peacer. Very easy and cheap to make and pretty effective on the majority of spawns.

GM magery/eval/peace/music/necro/ss/spellweaving. You can add the extra 20 to any of the skills, but music and peace since at gm you won't fail and your only area peacing anyways. The only problems on the mana side is undead, spider and a level or two of the Rikktor spawn.
I apologize for necro'ing this old thread, but I'm interested in this template, and I'm wondering if it's still viable? What if I switched out the Spellweaving for Poisoning?

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Human mage mystic bard

120 music disco
120 myst focus
120 mage
120 resist
= 720 skill resist is a swap skill depending on your style can use a trap box for most things and put spellweave or provoke or peace ext ext.. on
this toon wirh good gear can do most anything spwans peerless whatever
-15 one handed or balanced mage weapon required 45 dci a must 6 fcr a must runs in protection mostly riseing collossus nether cyclone
+skill swap suit for necro ss to turn into wraith form to leech mana useing cyclone
fire horn and depending if spellweaver or not essence of wind is nice for lvl 1/2 croud controll with a 6 focus arcane empowerment rc is nice and hard to dispell

Last edited: