• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Items stuck in a box, illegal or not?

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the past year or so, I've seen the following items for sale, stuck in a box, usually over 200+ stones:

Water Tiles
Marble Columns
Lanterns
Bust
Statues
Hanging Armor

I remember a long time ago that these were considered "illegal" .... does this still hold true for this list, as I checked EA and saw that some of the items mentioned in fact were.

Can someone clarify please?

Thank you!

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know all are currently legal EXCEPT the water tile. Those are a bannable offense if you don't give them up.

S

shulginist

I know the water tiles are illegal but the lanterns, busts and statues aren't.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe he means breaking the box, like the stretched hides? cause people use to break them and block moongates and whatnot.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i'm not sure if blocking movement makes sense --- I've seen those marble columns placed at locations and not removed

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i'm not sure if blocking movement makes sense --- I've seen those marble columns placed at locations and not removed
I too have seen this, and I have also seen items removed due to blocking movement. I suppose like all things UO, it depends on the GM.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you page a GM they will remove any item that is stuck to the ground do to the force spawn trick, some will even replace them back into the box for you so you can replace it, I'm thinking none of these are illegal, players have been selling statues (the bigger ones) stuck in a box for quite some time now.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't think they are illegal.
You do run a risk of someone paging a GM and the GM removing the item though. They are sorta a delete-on-request sort of thing.