• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Gargoyle with 50HCI is NOT the way to balance throwing.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It feels to me pretty much feels like the 5 extra hci is your way to fix "throwing" skill?

2 words... NO FKING WAY... or 3...

Either make archery to work like throwing so archery skill is on par with other melee weapon skill or you really have to do something to make throwing worthwhile.

Throwing is currently like Melee -1, archery -2.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the throwing change/s:) I already have 110 swds skill wasted on my Thrower, so any love is appreciated:)

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It feels to me pretty much feels like the 5 extra hci is your way to fix "throwing" skill?

2 words... NO FKING WAY... or 3...

Either make archery to work like throwing so archery skill is on par with other melee weapon skill or you really have to do something to make throwing worthwhile.

Throwing is currently like Melee -1, archery -2.
Yea; sadly the 50HCI is just going to be used for the other melee classes; and throwing will still be overlooked.

Make it like archery (Which I would hate. A 1 handed archery? YUCK) or make archery like throwing.

**MAYBE make the 5% HCI bonus (and 50%HCI cap) for THROWING only. Otherwise you are just WIDENING the gap for people who won't use it.**

You have to FIX the skill (as War said) not the HCI and such. The caps are there for a reason. Leave em be. Wanna give the "throwing" skill an auto "+5 HCI" fine. You wanna give gargoyles an auto "+5 HCI" fine.

Dont make it 50 HCI vs 45 DCI. PLEASE!! Lower Defense ALREADY trumps DCI.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since they overpowered the Gargoyles, I wouldn't mind them turning back JOAT For humans, and maybe buffing up elfs. Makes no sense to make humans useless and just buff up another class.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Over powered? Did I miss something ? how ?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over powered? Did I miss something ? how ?
I think he has no clue what his talking about...
Or is there a secret section of the patch note I missed that overpowers the heck out of the gargs... because its not easy to make gargoyle better race choice than human/elves other than a mule. (AND even as a mule they cant even ride a freaking blue beetle)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok thought I had missed something if anything they are still under powered unless there is something new I missed !

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the increase in HCI cap and the 5 natural was their way of rebalancing garg racial abilities, not throwing. Before the patch, gargs had berzerk, and 20.0 min throwing and 30.0 min mystic. So they added the 5hci 50hci cap for deadly aim, and 2mr for mystic insights. They might be working on throwing seperately, throwing wasn't ever suggested to even get a rehall this patch, only gargs and mystics.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he has no clue what his talking about...
Or is there a secret section of the patch note I missed that overpowers the heck out of the gargs... because its not easy to make gargoyle better race choice than human/elves other than a mule. (AND even as a mule they cant even ride a freaking blue beetle)
Berserk

· Once a gargoyle has lost 20% of his/her health, he/she gains 15% damage bonus and 3% SDI. This increases damage another increment for each 20% additional damage (maximum 60% damage bonus and 12% SDI).

Deadly Aim

· All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons (minimum gargoyle skill in throwing is 200).

· Gargoyles receive a 5% bonus to hit that stacks with HCI and skill bonus.

· Gargoyle’s hit chance cap has been increased to 50%.

Mystic Insight

· Gargoyles have an intuitive understanding of Mysticism, allowing them to cast Mysticism spells without further training. (minimum gargoyle skill in Mysticism is 300).

· Gargoyles receive +2 Mana Regeneration which stacks with Meditation and Focus.

Humans lost there JOAT discount for mana, they don't recieve the MR bonus anymore, they still have 45 HCI/DCI. They don't recieve DI/SDI increase with loss of health. Most of the fencer/macer/swords players I've talked to, are switching to gargoyles.

What do humans/elf get thats worthwhile for pvp?

Humans- 2 HPR... Sure extra resources is nice, but lets save tailoring and mining for a trammel played char. 60 more weight, thats nice if your picking up gold at a spawn or somthing, has no affect pvp wise.

Elfs- The 75 Energy Cap and 20 Mana Increase are only things worth while. Night sight is nice, detect stealthers passing by is pretty handy. Difficult to track? Who uses that skill nowadays?

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about... But thanks. I realize that gargoyles aren't much for the PvM community, but about 90% of my chars pvp.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Berserk

· Once a gargoyle has lost 20% of his/her health, he/she gains 15% damage bonus and 3% SDI. This increases damage another increment for each 20% additional damage (maximum 60% damage bonus and 12% SDI).

Deadly Aim

· All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons (minimum gargoyle skill in throwing is 200).

· Gargoyles receive a 5% bonus to hit that stacks with HCI and skill bonus.

· Gargoyle’s hit chance cap has been increased to 50%.

Mystic Insight

· Gargoyles have an intuitive understanding of Mysticism, allowing them to cast Mysticism spells without further training. (minimum gargoyle skill in Mysticism is 300).

· Gargoyles receive +2 Mana Regeneration which stacks with Meditation and Focus.

Humans lost there JOAT discount for mana, they don't recieve the MR bonus anymore, they still have 45 HCI/DCI. They don't recieve DI/SDI increase with loss of health. Most of the fencer/macer/swords players I've talked to, are switching to gargoyles.

What do humans/elf get thats worthwhile for pvp?

Humans- 2 HPR... Sure extra resources is nice, but lets save tailoring and mining for a trammel played char. 60 more weight, thats nice if your picking up gold at a spawn or somthing, has no affect pvp wise.

Elfs- The 75 Energy Cap and 20 Mana Increase are only things worth while. Night sight is nice, detect stealthers passing by is pretty handy. Difficult to track? Who uses that skill nowadays?

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about... But thanks. I realize that gargoyles aren't much for the PvM community, but about 90% of my chars pvp.
They don't get the MR bonus? You mean from Med and focus? If so, point to me where this is stated. hmmmm.

Have you tried berserk out? On another player? Wonder if this could be a pvm only ability...... And sure the 2mr is nice, but uh.....back to point one, unless you can point to me where it says humans wont be getting the use of those two skills from JoaT then I think that point is silenced.

As for a question I have almost no idea on the answer, isn't the elf's "Difficult to track" racial ability also beneficial to being Detected? Both passively and actively? Secondly, most human pvpers use tracking so don't come up with "who uses that skill" Maybe not trained to 100, but should the amount of training put in limit the accuracy of the number who use the skill?

So aside from you providing proof to the other points, the only thing they gain is +5 hci? Does not seem to overly powered, but I suppose it could be an issue too....End up with a 52% chance to hit someone who has 120 defense and 45dci, so a 2% increase? I personally wouldn't complain about that....then again, maybe I would. Would have to go live before I ever know for sure.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to vouch for elfs, they're to ugly. As far as I know the MR bonus for humans is no longer in effect, if it still is, I've heard from multiple people otherwise, and that is pretty hard to test without any gumps etc, Sorry If I'm wrong.

The Berserk ability is pretty self-explanitory, do you really think it's a pvm ability only? I think the Devs are smart enough to post it if it was, but I'm not going to test it, it's going to take some time. If you want to prove me wrong, go for it, but I doubt it's for pvm only if it is, there's no problems, I wouldn't care about the 5% auto HCI if it was.

Least they could do, is bump up DCI or HCI for humans/elf by 5 as well, sorry, but having to fit 70 DCI in a mage suit isn't very easy, even with imubing, on top of all the dexxers stacking HLD, now we have to worry about a skillless pvp class being able to hit us more then we can defend against it. Refer to Bomb F's post. =). Of course nothing is finalized, which is why this New TC thread is here, but as of right now, sorry Gargoyles outshine humans.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to vouch for elfs, they're to ugly. As far as I know the MR bonus for humans is no longer in effect, if it still is, I've heard from multiple people otherwise, and that is pretty hard to test without any gumps etc, Sorry If I'm wrong.

The Berserk ability is pretty self-explanitory, do you really think it's a pvm ability only? I think the Devs are smart enough to post it if it was, but I'm not going to test it, it's going to take some time. If you want to prove me wrong, go for it, but I doubt it's for pvm only if it is, there's no problems, I wouldn't care about the 5% auto HCI if it was.

Least they could do, is bump up DCI or HCI for humans/elf by 5 as well, sorry, but having to fit 70 DCI in a mage suit isn't very easy, even with imubing, on top of all the dexxers stacking HLD, now we have to worry about a skillless pvp class being able to hit us more then we can defend against it. Refer to Bomb F's post. =). Of course nothing is finalized, which is why this New TC thread is here, but as of right now, sorry Gargoyles outshine humans.
The mr bonus is in effect. the LMC for weapons skills was removed. Anyone who tells you different has no idea what they're talking about.

Worthwhile things

Gargs
2mr
5hci
50hci cap
Berserk (if di isn't already capped, which, it probably is)

Human
JoaT
1-3+ mr
2SR
2hpr
Higher carrying weight

Elves
20 mana
75 energy resist cap
night sight

Seems pretty balanced. Elves get large mana bonus, Humans get many smaller bonuses, gargs get some nice bonuses, but not as many as humans.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm.. is that bit on Mysticism a typo or do all gargoyles now truly have an innate 3 times stronger than GM Mysticisim skill? Or is that supposed to be a Test Center 300, AKA 30.0 skill?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Umm.. is that bit on Mysticism a typo or do all gargoyles now truly have an innate 3 times stronger than GM Mysticisim skill? Or is that supposed to be a Test Center 300, AKA 30.0 skill?
its 30.0