• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heeeelp

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I went into options earlier and tried to put UO in full screen mode just to see what it looks like However, when it expands, my screen just goes black and the game runs but doesn't display. Even when I reload the program it does this. Does anyone know how I can put it back out of full screen mode without having to load the game?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to start/mycomputer/program files/ea folder/uo/uo.cfg or uo/desktop/youraccountfolder/shard/char/uo.cfg

Open with notepad or word and you can make and save your setting.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but that... was in no way helpful. It's just a text editing file. What do I edit?

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went ahead and unistalled and reinstalled UO from a back up USB drive of mine. But if someone knows how to fix this, it would be great so others in the future know from using this thread.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I'm a bit late. But if it happens again, the magic keystroke is

alt + enter

It will toggle you back to windowed mode.

Most programs use this keystroke to toggle between windowed mode and full screen mode.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to start/mycomputer/program files/ea folder/uo/uo.cfg or uo/desktop/youraccountfolder/shard/char/uo.cfg

Open with notepad or word and you can make and save your setting.
Open that uo.cfg file in notepad.
Look for the line that says FullScreen=on
change it to say FullScreen=off and close and save.

Please be more detailed when describing a fix.

Thanks.