• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Warning for anyone considering buying Phoenix Gloves.

C

ChReuter

I'm guessing this isn't information that 99% of you folks still need to learn, but I don't want to see anyone get scammed with this. Better safe than sorry.

Today on Atlantic I had a fellow offer to sell me the gloves for what I thought was a to good to be true price, and it was to good to be true.

Fellow puts the real gloves in trade window, I check em out(real thing), and put gold in, then the trade window goes away, he claims he clicked the wrong button and brings window back up & puts gloves back in, then I drop check in. If it wasnt for the fact I thought it was to good to be true I don't think Id have checked a second time but i did and they just said "Leather gloves".

Turns out theres a drop from some mob that looks identical to the phoenex gloves. So pretty much, be careful when trading for them. I know most already know to be extra careful, but even I almost forgot to double check.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah you get gloves that look the same as pheonix gloves off the Ninjas from the place where Travesty is.

I got done by this scam many years ago but it was just for a leather dye tub that i was selling where the guy cancelled the trade 3 times and changed the 100k cheques to 10k cheques.

Always make sure to keep checking what your buying!

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got took along time ago by a guy selling a old black dye tub. He started the trade by dropping a bag on me then opened it up to show the tub so I threw the check up and put my mouse over the tub part and it said dye tub just like it should. We both accepted and when i opened the bag and moved the tub I realize he had dyed something jet black (i think it was 3 round balls of yarn) they were placed just right to cover up the normal color. If I had checked the dye tubs name where the color was I would have seen yarn.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah you get gloves that look the same as pheonix gloves off the Ninjas from the place where Travesty is.

I got done by this scam many years ago but it was just for a leather dye tub that i was selling where the guy cancelled the trade 3 times and changed the 100k cheques to 10k cheques.

lol thats pretty sad on that guys part.... scamming for a leather dye tub

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol thats pretty sad on that guys part.... scamming for a leather dye tub

Black dye tubs and leather dye tubs back in the day long ago were worth alot of gold, but then so were lots of things :)

W

Woody101

Thanks for this info i'm actually in the market for the Gloves at the moment and i'm visiting Atlantic.Now I know to take Caution but I believe I would anyhow so many people trying to get something for nothing in this game.Thanks Dude!

G

Gunga_Din

The old switcheroo !! That trick has been used since the game first went live.

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya wife got hit on a orny, pop a cursed orny in the windo after xed out, she never checked on the second time:( people like that suxs

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be the first to fall for this scam, I just put so much trust in the other players in UO sometimes I need to just slow down =). Good post and warning

C

ChReuter

I figured most know to be extra safe, but since i never saw plain gloves before that looked like phoenix ones, I decided to post it.

I remember the black tub scam, where people used bonnets to make it appear black. God I remember a thousand like this one im warning people about, but just like than we sometimes forget to be extra cautious or just get lazy.

Ohh, btw.. I got a cigarbox for sale! =D