• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Language switch classic client under Win 7

S

Solipsist123

Hi,

I have installed UO SA classic under Windows 7 (german OS).

UO detects OS language, hence running in German now.

Usually I would be able to switch back to English by putting the line "UserLanguageCodeString=ENU" into uo.cfg

However, that doesn't do the trick this time? Anyone else had that problem? Something to do with Windows 7?

Any help would be appreciated. I cannot play with this half-German version...

Cheers,

Solipsist

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I have installed UO SA classic under Windows 7 (german OS).

UO detects OS language, hence running in German now.

Usually I would be able to switch back to English by putting the line "UserLanguageCodeString=ENU" into uo.cfg

However, that doesn't do the trick this time? Anyone else had that problem? Something to do with Windows 7?

Any help would be appreciated. I cannot play with this half-German version...

Cheers,

Solipsist
It's an ugly hack, but you can go into your CC folder, rename all the *.deu files to *.deu.old, and rename all your *.enu files to *.deu... otherwise, I'm not sure why UO won't change localization.

S

Solipsist123

It's an ugly hack, but you can go into your CC folder, rename all the *.deu files to *.deu.old, and rename all your *.enu files to *.deu... otherwise, I'm not sure why UO won't change localization.
yeah, guess I will have to do it the hard way.

Thanx for the advice!!!