• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how do i find a legal free win 7 emulator

B

bjornef

bean looking for one for some time now thx for any tips

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any solution I can give you requires you have a copy of windows 7 already. If you do, the VMware workstation client or Microsoft Virtual PC will allow you to run windows 7 in a virtual instance inside another operating system.

B

bjornef

darn as i down loaded the game again from the net tryed to get a coppy from my friend but i am in thailand and its pritty hard to get coppys here as fare as i know of any tips?

B

bjornef

oki i tryed your solution and still cant log in getting the same list of problems

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a reason why you specifically need windows 7, or are you just looking to upgrade your operating system and run windows software?

I'm just thinking that if you just want to run Windows software inside a modern operating system, the obvious free option is Linux. It's a change from Windows, but it is free and a lot of Windows software runs on Linux emulators like Wine. You can run Linux from a CD to see what it's like before you install it, and it can be installed onto a separate hard disk partition so you can boot either windows or linux. So that would be my suggestion.

If you need Windows 7 specifically, I guess the only option is to import a copy. But that's not going to be free. Unless you have a friend with a spare copy the only free ways to get Windows tend to be dodgy illegal ones :(

Wenchy

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a reason why you specifically need windows 7, or are you just looking to upgrade your operating system and run windows software?

I'm just thinking that if you just want to run Windows software inside a modern operating system, the obvious free option is Linux. It's a change from Windows, but it is free and a lot of Windows software runs on Linux emulators like Wine. You can run Linux from a CD to see what it's like before you install it, and it can be installed onto a separate hard disk partition so you can boot either windows or linux. So that would be my suggestion.

If you need Windows 7 specifically, I guess the only option is to import a copy. But that's not going to be free. Unless you have a friend with a spare copy the only free ways to get Windows tend to be dodgy illegal ones :(

Wenchy
Yep.
The 180 day trial of 7 is not available for download from Microsoft anymore from what I understand.

B

bjornef

thx i already have bean helpt in a other post so can lock this one now