• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ITUNES HELP...

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New PC and Apple is giving me nada for help!

I have around 2500 songs on my Iphone (and 2 i pods) and if I sinc it to the new DL itunes it will not transfer over around 2000 of the songs (burned from CDS or limewire)

I was able to do it a few years ago but forget now, anyone help!

Thxs!!

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New PC and Apple is giving me nada for help!

I have around 2500 songs on my Iphone (and 2 i pods) and if I sinc it to the new DL itunes it will not transfer over around 2000 of the songs (burned from CDS or limewire)

I was able to do it a few years ago but forget now, anyone help!

Thxs!!
apple did this to prevent people from sharing music with friends etc. i believe you need to manually drag the files within the ipod to your music folder in documents(for example) and then once they are there, you can have the new itunes import them into itunes. In order to see the music files on your ipod, depending on if you are running xp or 7, you need to check/bullet 'show hidden files , folders and drives.' highlight the c drive blue, then go to tools at the top then go to Folder Options. Hit the view tab and hit Show hidden files, folders and drives. Only then can you see 'ipod control' in your ipod. open this and open your music folder, you'll see F00,F01, etc etc. That is all your music. hope it works out for ya !

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you just trying to import files from storage media to a new version of iTunes on a new PC or are you having issues with doing a sync of your music files among mobile devices and your computer?

I don't have personal experience with this, but for doing the latter, some of the articles I have seen imply that making it work properly involves some significant tweaking of the mobile devices - fun maybe for techies, but probably not so fun for people who just want to sync their music without accidentally wiping files, and move on. There are probably people around here who can do it and help you, but if not, and you have iPhone, iPods, and standard laptop or desktop computer that you listen to music on and want to sync among all your devices, you might want to just consider licensing a 3rd party commercial app that will handle this in a friendly fashion.

By way of example, this one seems to have good reviews for transfer of music files among the 3, and it costs ~$20 and has both MacOS and Windows versions for the PC side.

I will stress that I do not have any personal experience with this or any other similar apps, and there seem to be a fair number of choices among for purchase applications for consumers, to do this task.

-Skylark