• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fresh Returnee question.

C

Conrad

I just recently returned to the game and have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to anywhere.

Do I have to have the Stygian Abyss expansion in order to use the Imbuing Skill?

In other words, can I roll a human and take up the Imbuing skill and not have the X-pac?

Z

Zambowow

I just recently returned to the game and have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to anywhere.

Do I have to have the Stygian Abyss expansion in order to use the Imbuing Skill?

In other words, can I roll a human and take up the Imbuing skill and not have the X-pac?
I believe you need the expansion.

Also, use a gargoyle, you get a bonus if you're a gargoyle, I believe....

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! Yeah, you need the expansion but there's quite a bit of content that goes with it besides just imbuing. Of course if you're not interested in all that, you can just find a friend with an imbuer to satisfy all your enchanting needs. :)

S

SUPRsalad

I feel like they've made it easy enough to make a 120 imbue'er that people really should just bite the bullet and build one themselves... Half the reason I never had time to play anymore was people that were always wanting imbuing..
Some nights, there was literally a LINE waiting for my attention. .

S

SUPRsalad

And you still never got to my stuff Gemma:danceb: Just kidding.:thumbsup:
Theres two kinds of people, reeb. The ones that push and shove and scream and pancake, and the ones that don't. . . You are the latter to an extreme. :thumbsup:.

G

Gellor

Theres two kinds of people, reeb. The ones that push and shove and scream and pancake, and the ones that don't. . . You are the latter to an extreme. :thumbsup:.
And here I thought I was one step above a corpse...sort of Night of the Living Dead thing "Brains Brains":p

And to the OP, you don't HAVE to be gargoyle... but my understanding is you get a bonus for being one while imbuing.

V

Vandetta

Reeb don't worry. I will build one soon and then we are all good. Trouble is that by saying "soon" I really mean sometime in the next 6 months... or longer...

On a side note the tips that Evan gave me before leaving will help us miles once we start.

Oh and Evan don't judge but I didn't last long not playing. Needed an escape from reality again.

M

mutau

i have one made, but i have not used the skill to make anything other than 1 kryss yet. i can help some at nights. :)

S

SUPRsalad

Before I quit, I played that imbuier more than all my mains combined.. Most useful template in the game:
120 smith, 120 tailor, gm tinker, gm lore, gm carpentry, 120 imbuing,