• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Talking Statue Qustion

F

Fraggles

i bought a talking statue at rares fest. i brought it home and locked it down and it almost right away said somthing and now has been silent since. i have tryed talking sweetly to it, walking and running by and around it and clicking on it but her lips remain silent. Is there a trick or action that will promt her to say something or is she just the shy type that will only speak when she feels the need to talk? Thank you for any info on this!
Fraggles down at Fraggle Rock

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All talking 2 story statues will only say the phrase when it encounters a creature (monster/man/ev) for the first time. Then it will never speak to that creature again. If you want to test it, summon a creature and you'll see.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I have had mine for several years and it works as Manticore describes. I actually like it as it always catches me by suprise when it talks. The idea that it lets me know when a newbie is around is actually kinda cool. :)

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All talking 2 story statues will only say the phrase when it encounters a creature (monster/man/ev) for the first time. Then it will never speak to that creature again. If you want to test it, summon a creature and you'll see.
Funny how that little bit of info is always left out by anyone that is selling 2 Story Statues.

Add that to the fact that they have been duped to within an inch of their lives as well, and it make me wonder why anyone would want to pay 250 mill EACH for them!

It won't be long now before they become a Boss reward drop OR even craftable.

You heard it here first.................

M

mandosa-nice

My two story statue x2 near luna city west exit on europa, always speak all the day. The same phrase "...take care, the death..." Faites attention, la mort vous guettes ! in french.

"It won't be long now before they become a Boss reward drop OR even craftable.

You heard it here first................." <= A replica is never a true rare !

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how that little bit of info is always left out by anyone that is selling 2 Story Statues.

Add that to the fact that they have been duped to within an inch of their lives as well, and it make me wonder why anyone would want to pay 250 mill EACH for them!

It won't be long now before they become a Boss reward drop OR even craftable.

You heard it here first.................
Well anyone who is spending 250m plus on a item might want to do a little research before they spend that much gold. It is no big secret that it only talks the first time you see it. The value of that item is not in its talking but in its size and coolness ).

M

mandosa-nice

Sorry but the statue speak always when she see you by 24h. Or your statue have a problem !

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always looked at it this way.... the statues warn you once of impending danger if you proceed, if you're fool enough to disregard the warning you sure won't listen to him a second time, so he only says it once

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I always looked at it this way.... the statues warn you once of impending danger if you proceed, if you're fool enough to disregard the warning you sure won't listen to him a second time, so he only says it once
:stretcher: Exactly

M

mandosa-nice

Just coming in my house, you see the message a few time all the day. My house is public... Or you speak about another text ?!

M

mandosa-nice

Maybe, is always the same text i have, 3 or 4 by hour in my house and the other players can see it too.