• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Perminate Rares Bizzar

• Thread starter Victorias_Secret
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

Victorias_Secret

Durring the rares fest... a thought had come to me. The rares fest made it pretty easy to buy sell and trade rares for collectors. Problem is this only happens ever so often and people who collect are looking for them everyday.... So..

What if there was one place you could always go that was designited to always have rares? A place where the vendors would be safe, and the sellers could be "Trusted". I would like to make the proposal to host such a ongoing rares Bizzar on Lake Superior. I would be willing to either host this at my shop or at my museum. Obviously we would keep the riff-raff out, but this would give the ability for all rares collectors to stop having to shard hop constently to locate rares.

Just some thoughts. Post your thoughts now... GO!

Vic

D

DVI

Not that I think its a bad idea, but an on-going Bazar would take away from the Festival. The purpose of the festival isn't necessarily to buy and sell rares, although that is a by product of it. The purpose is to foster stronger community ties by bringing everyone together in one place, to see each other face to face and interact with each other outside of the stratics forums.

While an on-going bazar might help players find buyers or sellers for items, it wouldn't promote community the same way. Besides isn't that what the rares forum?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah there would be no point in the festivals anymore if there was a permanent rares bazaar. This forum is basically the permanent rares bazaar. One thing that makes the rares festivals great is because they only happen once in a while and they are not permanent which to be honest makes it a lot bigger and a whole lot better.

Sorry don't mean to knock your idea or anything, just giving my opinion.

M

Monty Hall

I'm in agreement with DVI on this topic...But Victoria raises a nice point...Like way back in the day...When all the vendors use to use the market space in Trinsic before T2A...Many people might not remember those days. Maybe each shard should have a designated Bazaar House... With a bulletin board so the community on said shard can meet and greet with each other, more along the lines of a Shard Specific Social Club. After all its up to each of use to A) police ourselves in the matter of rares collecting B) educate others in the lore of rares C) get more of the UO community as a whole more involved in rares. P.S. I'd like to say Thank You to Goodman of Stratics for xferring stuff for me without knowing me from Adam. Your kindness is appreciated. :grouphug:

V

Victorias_Secret

The purpose was not to omit the festival, as I think that is where the Trading comes in to play, or items of a value well beyond that of a vendor. This avenue would only be designed for Selling of rares below the 100mil cap, and give buyers an avenue that does not require them to eat up 10 xfer tokens to pick up 10 items.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps making a mini one for your shard would be fine, but I think that most of the global community won't be involved because it will detract from the festivals. I'd love to see more community education and outreach done for each shard. Perhaps each shard could put together a list of their 'home' collectors and work as a group to do small events to help educate the public... how not to get scammed.. these items are not rare, etc.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what Vic is saying is: we need a perminant rares vendor house. As there was well over 200 items i saw for sale on vendors and at the auction that were not stated before [eg on forum, so you cant say the forum is the rare trade place].

Rares collectors want a place to buy rares and sell them.
It wouldn't aaffect the event at all as it would still be a place to comune, meet other collectors and trade rares. But with 10 rares a week being introduced with the new system most people dont know jo bloggs on napa is selling an event item. only the people at the event know and they then buy it for X gold and sell it at the fest or here for x+200 and sooooo on....

I love what vic is looking for. its the same as me i brought 500mill of items at the festival i didnt even know were for sale as they WERE NOT POSTED HERE OR MENTIONED FOR SALE IN THE LAST 2 YEARS or the person selling hasnt been on for years and just thought he'ed turn up to fest.

People are buying and selling rares every day but most of us dont see it as its all on a certain shard at a certain time we all miss [granted people get lucky from this system buying an item for 40mill knowing you can sell it later for 200]

Id rather and i think Vic is the same, a SHOP on every server were you can buy rares]? From momory you had MOA on GL hemisperes on europa, luna on atl, true on napa.;.... and so on

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too difficult of a concept, how many people can transfer on a weekly basis each time they have gotten a nice rare to sell. Then there are the buyers who needs to move gold to LS all the time to buy the item they want. And once bought how long do they stay there before another item they want shows up again etc... Rares fest gathers people once every 3-4 months, that gives sellers and buyers time to gather resources and make one buying or selling trip. Makes the crowd more eager to buy and sellers sell which makes the overall experience that much more fun.

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if there was one place you could always go that was designited to always have rares?
I Found the place !!!!!! Check link HERE

(its really just a link to stratics rares forum) this is a great place to buy and sell Between the festivals and if you think a buyer is sketchy , Use a Broker if they refuse to use a broker prolly too good to be true. when in doubt of a seller you can also always ask another prominent member of the community for any previous interactions.

~Xuri