• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

K

Kiwillian

I installed UOC, and when I try to run it I keep getting "The application failed to initialize properly." Any ideas?
Install .NET 2.0 SP2 or 3.5

Also threw up a new version with just a minor performance improvement.

0.9.8.1 Dec 22
+ Minor performance improvement when connected to a server.

K

Kiwillian

Feature request!

Is it possible to get the option to save markers to the map file of our choice? As an additional option I mean.. like a box where you can select from available maps with a check box next to it to activate it.

Something like this:

Where if the box isn't checked it goes to user.map, and if it is it goes to the chosen map file.
Probably not a bad idea. May be a lil while with the hols and all, but I'll look into it :)

S

Sweeney

Make a new thread already.. you've updated it enough. This isn't a popularity contest, it's about answering questions and information.. most of which is outdated by the newest update.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a new thread already.. you've updated it enough. This isn't a popularity contest, it's about answering questions and information.. most of which is outdated by the newest update.
I, for one, could see the value in tracing the evolution of the program.

More importantly....To be blunt, this guy has more-than-earned being kissed up to a bit.

-Galen's player

S

Sweeney

I, for one, could see the value in tracing the evolution of the program.

More importantly....To be blunt, this guy has more-than-earned being kissed up to a bit.

-Galen's player
But who wants to wade through 500 posts? You fail to see my point..

K

Kiwillian

Yeah yeah :)

I'll make a new one after christmas. I gotta edit up Schuylers FAQ and stuff first.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question - is there a reason why my version of UOC is showing the locations of defunct Haven, and not New Haven's shops and moongate?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question - is there a reason why my version of UOC is showing the locations of defunct Haven, and not New Haven's shops and moongate?
Because I hadn't updated the files to have New Haven since I already had that NewHaven.MAP file from years ago and didn't want to redo it. Next version of my labeling updates will have New Haven finished.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Dude you rock. I just came back after almost 4 years and I was so disappointed that UOAM didn't work. I used that for doing t-maps, MIB's, and so much more. I was told about UOC by some people on the Chessy boards and I cannot tell you how excited I am to have this. I am using the EC so it was a bit trying to get it working but once I did, it has been awesome. I know this has taken a lot of your time and I am indebted to you. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried getting the UOC server program to work on a machine running Windows Home Server?

Is it even possible?

Rit0690

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just downloaded and reinstalled this for the like hundredth time and gotten the same result, NOTHING. It downloads and installs fine but i click on the icon for it to run i get absolutly nothing. This goes for the server also.

I'm on Windows xp64pro, have the .net framework all updated as well as everything else in windows and drivers for everything. Is the program even compatable with a 64 bit system???

I posted about this issue earlier (like in 360s) and have been trying diff install methods and downloads but all nothing.

any other suggestions, and NO i can't get a non 64 bit version of windows unless someone wants to buy me win7.

K

Kiwillian

Check the event log and see if there are any clues in there, coz I have no idea :(

L

LadyAkasha

I'm on Windows xp64pro, have the .net framework all updated as well as everything else in windows and drivers for everything. Is the program even compatable with a 64 bit system???
I can't say anything about XP 64bit, but I know for certain that it is compatible with 64bit Vista, as that is what my husband runs on his system and he is using UOCartographer.

M

mutau

Shouldn't make much of a difference from Vista to 7. If you look in My Documents/UOCartographer (or whatever it is on 7) is there a crash log file? If so can you stick it on pastebin and post a link so I can look into the crash you had? Thanks!
Sorry i wasn't able to save that crash log, but i did get it to work.

I deleted the UOCartographer file in My Documents and reloaded the program.
Now it works just fine. It also helps greatly if i run it as Administrator.

Thanks for the advice and wonderful program!

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It installs fine for me but when I launch the programme I get the following message:

UOCartographer.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Ive tried uninstalling and re-downloaded it with the same results. This error occurs both when UO is closed and when running UO (classic client) with UOAssist.

My operating system is XP Professional with SP3 installed.

Any ideas?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to be a pill. Just uninstalled the original version of the main prog and am wanting to use Crystas map files and icons.

Have installed the latest version of Cart. Should I now download map and icon files or should I let the prog run its build first.

Newb Q, I know. Thanks in advance for the help.

N

Nalco

Everything works perfectly here. Excellent program!

Will "House Tracking" ever be implemented?

C

Connor_Graham

Is this thing done yet or are we still waiting for whatever Crysta was doing and for there not to be a secondary zip file that has to be dl'd or what? I'm still waiting for it to be more or less "done" before I try it out.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, my guild has been running this 9and I have been running the server) for a while now and the word WOW does not even come close to how pleased we are with it. We all agree that we all would have gladly agreed to pay a licence fee (much like uoa) to use it. Hats off to you for not only building it but offering it for free!!

I have a couple questions that have come up and simply have no time to read thru all these posts:

1. Map files for showing labels for towns, dungeons, etc
2. Map files for showing daily rares, t maps and such
3. local houses

Can we use the files from uoam for these locations and if so, how?

Thank you, in advance, for your time.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't think people were specifically waiting for that.. geez... I was waiting for him to start a new topic like he said he was going to. Whatever.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2ozvjjmwn1

The new version.. i'll probably start numbering them next time. This adds extra markers for various dungeons (I went overboard on the wisp dungeon and exodus lair.. sorry), proper New Haven markers redone from scratch, and some (bad) attempts by me to come up with region names for Ter Mur (since the game only refers to them by direction), among other things. This also has a few new icons that will be used later, and a new dot for treasure marking that I hope people will like more than the gold pile.

(I apologize for forgetting to remove those treasure markers floating in the ocean from Tram. Will be fixed next time.)

I should also add for those that didn't notice, the newest UOC version allows you to filter what markers are showing by .MAP files, so if there's one you don't like just turn the filter option for that one off.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Crysta,

I hate to be a bother but my old Cartography books give the map points numbered as 1 thru I think 200... is there any way this numbering system could be added to the one you have? I know my old T-Map treasure points were numbered with both.

Otherwise I'm likely to just renumber them myself by editing but I'm somewhat afraid that when we get updated versions it'll override my numbering system.

If there is any way I could assist I'd be more than happy... though I am certainly not a programmer and know nothing about it. Ok very little since when I took computer programming way back years ago it was the old green screen dot matrix stuff... and totally NOT at all complicated.

Anyway that would help me a great deal as well as what I mentioned earlier about being able to put in co-ordinates based on degree's rather than the x,y. As this is how I used to do my MIB's with the old UOAutomap.

Thanks to both of you for the dedicated work it's beyond AWESOME.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I know nothing about treasure maps... the map file is the one from UOAM. If you want to edit them yourself its not too hard, just time consuming. Just open the "Treasure.MAP" file in a text editor and search for either the name given to the marker in UOC or the X/Y coordinate, and save the file after you change the name.

I know I couldn't do it myself, but if it were done and just an addition to the names, i'd probably include it.

Oh.. what do you think of the new icon at least? Was trying to make it a dot like it was before (as per request), but still something uniquely recognizeable (it resembles a gem almost, to me).

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is wonderful but...I installed as admin, ran as admin, added the .map files and everything works beautifully except the advanced options are grayed out for me. The lag is a bit painful at this point so I am wondering if I missed something in the other posts that point to this problem. Any info you can give me would be great! Again though, I LOVE IT! Nice work :bowdown:

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is wonderful but...I installed as admin, ran as admin, added the .map files and everything works beautifully except the advanced options are grayed out for me. The lag is a bit painful at this point so I am wondering if I missed something in the other posts that point to this problem. Any info you can give me would be great! Again though, I LOVE IT! Nice work :bowdown:
I believe that the advanced options are still unavailable to the users. They may hold some special abilities that Kiwillian (the UOC developer) alone has access to for debugging and whatnot. There is a post about half way through this thread that mentions this fact, but given the size it is easy to miss.

It is also my understanding that now that the holidays are over he (Kiwillian) will be making a new post that includes an FAQ with all the tips and tricks listed at the top.

AktivX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all!

That is a nice Tool and very good work!
Now i will ask some questions.

Is it planned to insert a chat in the map?

Is it maybe possibly to host a server about a PHP script or similar?

Is there to change a function around written colour of myself as a user? So the opposed colour also with other users on the same server is so indicated as it is put with me.

I hope you all will understand my bad english :)

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that the advanced options are still unavailable to the users. They may hold some special abilities that Kiwillian (the UOC developer) alone has access to for debugging and whatnot. There is a post about half way through this thread that mentions this fact, but given the size it is easy to miss.

It is also my understanding that now that the holidays are over he (Kiwillian) will be making a new post that includes an FAQ with all the tips and tricks listed at the top.
Thanks so much for the info. The thread was so incredibly large lol I tried to find it but was unsuccessful. I am getting really bad lag since I added the .map files so I thought if I were able to show less detail, it would help. Anyway, thanks again!

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the "Filter Markers" option to turn off the Spawn, Treasure, and NPC maps.. that might help performance some, as Treasure and NPC have a lot of markers (Spawn is mostly just far from finished, so it doesn't much matter).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Crysta,

I hate to be a bother but my old Cartography books give the map points numbered as 1 thru I think 200... is there any way this numbering system could be added to the one you have? I know my old T-Map treasure points were numbered with both.

Otherwise I'm likely to just renumber them myself by editing but I'm somewhat afraid that when we get updated versions it'll override my numbering system.

If there is any way I could assist I'd be more than happy... though I am certainly not a programmer and know nothing about it. Ok very little since when I took computer programming way back years ago it was the old green screen dot matrix stuff... and totally NOT at all complicated.

Anyway that would help me a great deal as well as what I mentioned earlier about being able to put in co-ordinates based on degree's rather than the x,y. As this is how I used to do my MIB's with the old UOAutomap.

Thanks to both of you for the dedicated work it's beyond AWESOME.
They should give both the THB (1-200, with 191-200 the Ocllo/Haven Maps - note the map points in the water, that used to be for the Young character "youthful" maps, that still are valid Ocllo points) and Goodman's (1-201, missing one of the numbers in the 60 or 70ss, due to a duplication in the ancient past), when you mouse over the dot, unless Crysta radically changed the data from the UOAM version.

As far as I know, the way UOC is set up, the names don't display beside a marker, and require holding the cursor over the tag (be it a dot or a shop sign) to see the associated info.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Er.. I changed nothing for Treasure yet, and neither in UOC or UOAM does it give THB numbers for the maps, unless im misunderstanding what you're saying...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's the whole point of the system, is that it DOES give the numbers.

The first number is the THB/Stratics system.
The number with the "G" is the Goodman's system number.

On UOAM, the number was actually displayed by the dot.
On UOC, you have to mouse over the dot/icon to see the number (in fact, I'm still playing with the "gold pile" icons, and have done over 100 maps in the last 96 hours using the THB numbers for unraveling fodder, so yes, I know what I'm talking about).

I don't think UOC is set up to display word data "BY" the icon (as opposed to from a mouseover) the way that UOAM did. To me, that's a plus for the map spots, because sometimes the long descriptor on UOAM for one dot would obscure the other, at most resolutions.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the "Filter Markers" option to turn off the Spawn, Treasure, and NPC maps.. that might help performance some, as Treasure and NPC have a lot of markers (Spawn is mostly just far from finished, so it doesn't much matter).
K I will try that...thanks!

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kiwillian, is it possible to make UOCServer version for freebsd?

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a tad bizarre after doing what you said...the CPU usage went UP, not down but the lag factor stopped immediately. Hmmmm

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a tad bizarre after doing what you said...the CPU usage went UP, not down but the lag factor stopped immediately. Hmmmm
I'm guessing the program is still loading them, then hiding them.. so the program is doing more, but the lag goes down. If the CPU usage bothers you, go to the directory for the program and either move those .map files somewhere else or delete them (depends on if you ever want to use them or not). I'd say try moving them first and see if the program takes less CPU without them before you outright delete 'em.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing the program is still loading them, then hiding them.. so the program is doing more, but the lag goes down. If the CPU usage bothers you, go to the directory for the program and either move those .map files somewhere else or delete them (depends on if you ever want to use them or not). I'd say try moving them first and see if the program takes less CPU without them before you outright delete 'em.
It doesn't bother me at all...that is the strange part. I would have thought that if the cpu usage went even higher, the lag would become worse but it did not. I'm quite happy with it now :) I love it! Thanks for the help.

jwauk99

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available! (new UOAM)

I just installed this. I see NO markers for anything in town (or anywhere actually). UOAM had the shops listed... Names/Icons for inns, provisioners, mage shops, etc.

Does this not have that? (I should also mention, after installing, there are NO .map files in the installation dir, and I have tried using the 'rebuild' option in the menu... as well as reinstalling).

Windows 7/x64

Thanks.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just installed this. I see NO markers for anything in town (or anywhere actually). UOAM had the shops listed... Names/Icons for inns, provisioners, mage shops, etc.

Does this not have that? (I should also mention, after installing, there are NO .map files in the installation dir, and I have tried using the 'rebuild' option in the menu... as well as reinstalling).

Windows 7/x64

Thanks.
I took the map files i already had and the program picked them right up after a restart. Just drop them in the folder with the UOC program and it will find them.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

jwauk, I have the same problem. Running Windows 7 also on this new computer and no town labels. I have a laptop running Vista and another desktop running XP Pro 64 and both of them work fine and have labels. I hope someone can help us on this problem.

jwauk99

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Strangely enough. I installed this on a Windows XP machine, and I still had NO .map files or labels either.

I'm assuming (am I wrong??) the program is supposed to come with labels? I shouldn't HAVE to find my own .map files, right??

jwauk, I have the same problem. Running Windows 7 also on this new computer and no town labels. I have a laptop running Vista and another desktop running XP Pro 64 and both of them work fine and have labels. I hope someone can help us on this problem.

S

Sir Kill Alot

I installed it and got a message saying...There seems to be a problem and this is what was also with it

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

C

CheesePlant

It took me awhile to find the server, never knew it was in the directory with the client!

One amazing feature would be a shared Destination, like a Rally Point? Could it be added?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I installed it and got a message saying...There seems to be a problem and this is what was also with it

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()
Update your .NET installation. There a number of posts in this thread with links to help.

D

Divster

Why isn't this topic (or at least a link to the prg with latest updates) stickied yet? just curious :coco:

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having trouble connecting other people to my server. I have port forwarding set up properly. I can connect to it, but anyone else cant

Any Ideas?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Divster: Because we're waiting for its next version, and the new, condensed, thread, to sticky.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having trouble connecting other people to my server. I have port forwarding set up properly. I can connect to it, but anyone else cant

Any Ideas?
Just a couple of quick things to check.

The ip that you connect to should be an internal ip (the one on your pc).

The ip that other folks connect to should be your external ip.

So double check your external ip (go into your router config and check the ip listed under "WAN".

Or go to http://whatismyipaddress.com and the website will tell you the external address automatically.

G

gugutz

Hello to all.

This is my first post here, and i'd like to say thank you very much for this wonderfull map application. It was about time someone coded a state-of-art uo map app e give uoam its well deserved rest.
Its working flawlessly here at home, and i also replaced the old uoamsvr with the cartographer server and my guild is sucessfully connecting (very easy server setup) and enjoying it much like me. Your work is really appreciated! :love:

I'm also posting on behalf of my friend, he is having problems with his setup. He is getting this same error:

I must note that he was using .NET Framework 3.0 at first install.
Then he installed the 2.0 on top of the 3.0 and got the same error.
He then went to uninstalling the 3.0, and installing a fresh setup of 2.0, still didn't work.

What could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks in advance.
gugutz.

G

gugutz

Nevermind: my friend's problem was solved my unnininstaling all .net setups and fresh install the 3.5 redistritutable setup.