• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I have been away from the game for almost 2 years now and re-activated my account today. It seems a lot has changed! I have a 1 year old son so not a whole lot of time to play for me, but I am hoping to get some play time in in the evenings (which for me is the UK)

I was surprised that it took me around 10 minutes today to find a space to place an 18 x 18!! and that was in Malas too, in the snowy mountain areas. Nice find!

Well......I wont be around for a few days as its christmas, but I am glad to be back and looking forward to getting stuck in. I would welcome any advice from you lovely people if you have any :) Must admit I am feeling a bit lost and rusty after all this time! I had a baby while I was away so have baby brain to contend with too lol

Forgot to mention I am on Lake Superior

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back,

I know the feeling of trying to play with a little one needing attention, tends to stop accomplishment at times.

Uo has, and always will change, though still resting on it's original foundation.
Others will disagree, others will bash it with so much negativity, you wonder why they still play.

Congrats on your find, meaning the 18 x 18........you lucked out or LS is less populated. That can be good at times.

Well, 3 minutes and the toddler needs dad again:bowdown:.....(see!)

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks :) Once I placed the house some barrels moved, so I think somebody had it marked out, but I got there before them. Felt a bit bad, but then its first come first serve with house plots right?

There is a plot not so far from mine that is on fire..... what's that all about? Looked cool!

There doesn't seem to be very many people around on LS, but I am on a different time zone so that's probably why.

I am not concerned though I will have fun whatever happens. I have customised, now got to get decorating, one of my favourite past times :)

SadBunny

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a plot not so far from mine that is on fire..... what's that all about? Looked cool.
Though I'm not on LS, I can answer this question. A while back, known scripters' houses were dropped and an effigy was left in it's place along with a burning building. It's supposed to be a warning against scripters though we still have some in the game. Welcome back and enjoy your new house.

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes!! I just had a look and there is a scarecrow in there called Effigy of a traitor! hah!

Thanks, I am still well chuffed I managed to place it lol!

L

longshanks

first off i'd like to say welcome back.

a suggestion: get the stygian abyss upgrade if you haven't already done so. learn the dungeon and farm it for the different ingredients that drop as they sell briskly due to the new imbuing skill. the ingame chat system should allow for quick sales if u don't have a vendor.

once you make enough dough, read up on what it takes to put imbuing on your crafter. this will allow you to tweek your armor and weaponry to your preferred playstyle.

good luck.

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys! :) What a nice welcome back.

I left my crafter over on Europa so I am building one from scratch. I was looking for info on imbuing and mysticism and throwing earlier on actually. I found some guides on what it all is. I think I will upgrade after Christmas and pop me a vendor up.

I have one question and I feel very silly for having to ask it lol but how on earth do I talk in chat? I see people talking every now and again but have no idea how to respond or how to say something myself. It doesn't seem to say anywhere so sorry if this is a silly question, I have looked!

Well Merry Christmas to everybody, hope you all have a wonderful time :)

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I have been away from the game for almost 2 years now and re-activated my account today. It seems a lot has changed! I have a 1 year old son so not a whole lot of time to play for me, but I am hoping to get some play time in in the evenings (which for me is the UK)

I was surprised that it took me around 10 minutes today to find a space to place an 18 x 18!! and that was in Malas too, in the snowy mountain areas. Nice find!

Well......I wont be around for a few days as its christmas, but I am glad to be back and looking forward to getting stuck in. I would welcome any advice from you lovely people if you have any :) Must admit I am feeling a bit lost and rusty after all this time! I had a baby while I was away so have baby brain to contend with too lol

Welcome back! Sounds like you might have gotten the plot where my house used to stand!!

Cheers,
-Grimm

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys! :) What a nice welcome back.

I left my crafter over on Europa so I am building one from scratch. I was looking for info on imbuing and mysticism and throwing earlier on actually. I found some guides on what it all is. I think I will upgrade after Christmas and pop me a vendor up.

I have one question and I feel very silly for having to ask it lol but how on earth do I talk in chat? I see people talking every now and again but have no idea how to respond or how to say something myself. It doesn't seem to say anywhere so sorry if this is a silly question, I have looked!

Well Merry Christmas to everybody, hope you all have a wonderful time :)
To talk in chat, use the , (comma) key.

If you're looking for a guild over on Europa, feel free to give me a shout or grab someone in game with the SAOR tag. They're all nuts mind, but in a nice way :)

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Welcome back! Hope you adjust easily and enjoy the new changes that occurred since the last time you played. Also nice find on the 18x18! I just placed a keep first try a couple days ago, great feeling!