• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting - how to get Devs to actually HEAR your ideas!

B

Beer_Cayse

Link to ArsTechnica article --> linky

Major points:
Posting in ALL CAPS will get you most likely ignored.

Explain what you'd be willing to support (even with cash) rather than "I'll quit if ..."

There were other speaking points, but did you know there is a gamers organization that could be a conduit to the gaming industry? Go read the article, then reflect on how you present your requests/ideas/demands to EA/Mythic.

S

Stupid Miner

Major points:
Posting in ALL CAPS will get you most likely ignored.
So on the flip side if we want to promote an idea (that's not posted in all caps) we should spam the forums with a ton of posts that are in all caps so that the only one that's not (in all caps) is the one we're actually promoting.
:pancakes:

(please don't ban me :D)

T

Trebr Drab

So on the flip side if we want to promote an idea (that's not posted in all caps) we should spam the forums with a ton of posts that are in all caps so that the only one that's not (in all caps) is the one we're actually promoting.

EXPLOITER! :twak:

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL , Well played... Well Played.:stir:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha common... we all seen the videos on TV about UO... the interviews, the LLTS meetings.

There is seemingly a communication between the devs and the "elite community" but it aint happening on stratics, for some reason.

But thats the nature of the great divide, who am I to argue, really ?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
haha common... we all seen the videos on TV about UO... the interviews, the LLTS meetings.

There is seemingly a communication between the devs and the "elite community" but it aint happening on stratics, for some reason.

But thats the nature of the great divide, who am I to argue, really ?
Indeed... Who are you?

Who is this "elite" community?

Stratics is what it is. Devoted to the fans of many games. UO is one of many games we cover.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Funny, taking into account the periods of turmoil (such as recent) or hush-hush activity, the devs seem to be pretty accessible here and DO in fact take our issues into account... even if we don't always like the answer we get, you can in fact take a look back and see areas where player feedback was very openly taken into account.

The upcoming fixes to the mini-champs in the Abyss is one, the resizable Atlas in the EC was a player-created mod in which the code was requested by the devs during EC beta testing and later added in.

By the same token, sometimes we can't always get what we want for one reason or another. We're not getting a pre-whatever shard not because they "haven't heard us" but because they HAVE heard us and what they've heard is that there's no consensus on what such a shard should be. I have my own pet issue in my sig that is as of yet not done, but I know they know about it. I keep the sig not thinking that they haven't listened, but to provide what IMO is the easiest least costly way to implement such a feature.

UO is a big game with a LOT of voices to go with it... even at the best of times the devs are limited as to how many of those voices they can please.

And quite easily, the best way to achieve being heard is to not be an asshat about it, to state the problem and provide possible logical solutions.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dosen't need a genius to see that the way you defend them, you clearly have a second purpose behind veils. Do they really need to do this for you guys to play ?

Stratics is just not any UO community, it's THE uo community that the devs have always been jealous about. It's being dragged on a little island out of sight where the pirates will make a happy plunder.

This is my prophecy, and thou art part of it now.

You try to uniformise the voices, so it's one big loud white noise ? I got snow on my TV...

Oh wait it's not even plugged in...

UO is one of many games, you'll have to censor me before I bow to that idea.

I am just a kid that was propelled beyond the hologram by very evil minded people. I am a companion which is devoted to return the rightful power to each, as they are the avatar.

The elite community is those who do not share with stratics, those who come only to defend others and themselves, those who do not carry virtues. They are like a blotch of ink in snow, which makes by blood cool by the minute. Time is now drawing to an end, there is not much time for the guardian to keep on changing the timelines... you will manifest ALL that we see. Forget about EA, he's not coming back ladies and gents, I have witnessed his repentment myself, and he cried his last tears.

Thats who I am, just another folk with stories to tell.

I am the consensus on the playground, I am the stranger, I am the son of oblivion, of man.

What else do you want to know ? The devs will never hear me because their hands are tied, the bleeding arts and artists ; make their stand ?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I think our Devs are very easy to get ideas to. You can do it on the forums, email and also try talking to your shard EMs on ideas. They do talk with Mesanna all the time.

I just recently sent in an Idea to Mesanna about Player run town linkings.

Chesapeake Moongate Question Sent: 10/27/09 12:29 PM
Hi I'm sorry to bug you this week. Don't worry it is nothing bad. I am working with some player run cities about creating a Chesapeake moongate system between established and active cities and such.

What we are doing is linking with the new house teleporter tiles. Below is a little picture of how I have set it up.

The gate is located inside of the Blue Light Tavern on Chesapeake. (Homare-Jima moongate, Tokuno islands)

Right now we only have one teleporter but, were working on getting more to link with everyone. I figured I would ask if we have the house teleporters for it could the EMs lock them down on the grass in a designated area in the player run cities and such? Each city or village obviously can pick who they want to link to.

Was just a question/request. We can obviously do them in our houses but, would be seen better if on a grass area and didn't have to load the house to see the teleporter.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Reply: 10-27-09, 12:37 PM

I cannot write Mesannas Reply without her permission. It was along the lines of Have a meeting in game, don't want to leave anyone out etc.

Now I may have just gotten lucky and caught her at the perfect time to get a reply 8mins later but, the idea I pitched was improved upon and created something far better then I could have ever imagined. Which we now have on Chesapeake and has gone to the other shards.

- And before you flame, this idea wasn't sent to her on my moderator account

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats sweet... I really think it is. But I have grown with this game since beta, I was 13 years old back then.

I lost my innocence to UO. I have seen what has been going on, and it's just not enough, I know the capacities of man and avatar. I know the capacities of one companion, they are phenomenal.

This is nowhere near truth...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am the consensus on the playground, I am the stranger, I am the son of oblivion, of man.
Rub bleach on it; it will feel better.

The devs will never hear me because their hands are tied, the bleeding arts and artists ; make their stand ?
... bleeding HEARTS and artists...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See how cheerful the people of britannia have become ?

Isn't it time to push for a, aahhuuu ?

I'm really holding back here...

you can even

see it !

arts hearts, same... exept... .... ... !!!

EA !

There I got you ! Fluffi ! HAHAHA

oh yes... it's not bleach, it's hypochlorous acid ; silly... not sodium hypochlorite.

[}ãX┴♪¶ý↕▓▒Ð:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Woah, woah, hold up...you mean to tell me that, if I a) refrain from being rude and abrasive and b) observe basic social norms and polite behavior, my posts are more likely to be taken to heart? That's just ludicrous.

:lol:

P.S. Ahu, how did you find out about the elite community? Did you know that all of the devs - past, present, and future - attend UWF's hunts and guild meetings? Did you know Draconi is really a character invented by UWF that we all took turns playing? Did you know Richard Garriott lives in my basement? How did you find out! Blast, our plot is foiled.

P.P.S. The Pope is in UWF, too.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to sue people for making you roll your eyes so damn often.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See how cheerful the people of britannia have become ?

Isn't it time to push for a, aahhuuu ?

I'm really holding back here...

you can even

see it !

arts hearts, same... exept... .... ... !!!

EA !

There I got you ! Fluffi ! HAHAHA

oh yes... it's not bleach, it's hypochlorous acid ; silly... not sodium hypochlorite.

[}ãX┴♪¶ý↕▓▒Ð:
I saw the 'Certifiable' under this guy's username and I thought it was a custom title :coco: What the Christ man, its a game, there is no GLOBAL DEV/ELITE PLAYER CONSPIRACY! I think you're reading into all this a little too much.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw the 'Certifiable' under this guy's username and I thought it was a custom title :coco: What the Christ man, its a game, there is no GLOBAL DEV/ELITE PLAYER CONSPIRACY! I think you're reading into all this a little too much.

"Elite Community"... "Global Dev Conspiracy" <nervous chuckle>

I think it's best for everyone (and I do mean everyone) if we just forget we heard these terms...

seriously - forget about it.

they know.

-GO

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey Grimm... Very, very few take that fellow seriously...