• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DDO = free

N

NovaGhost

I was browsing another forum earlier today (Saturday, October 10, 2009 AD; Gregorian calendar), and stumbled across a topic someone made that said that Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach is now free to play, and available to download on the official website. I couldn't believe it (I personally bought the game about a year ago, but couldn't get the auto-updater to work), so I checked the official website, and sure enough, it is free to play. There is a downside to this though, it means that people like me who actually bought the game kind of wasted our money. And no, I don't work for Turbine, nor am I advertising their product for my benefit. Well, you can get it for free on the official website: http://www.ddo.com/

B

Bunkermonkey

I too bought the game and played it pretty extensively for a while.

Good news is anything you had before you still have.

Bad news is you need to "unlock" certain zones by paying for them.

It works out okay if you just stick to the free areas.. you can still build a good char but some of the better level/loot zones you have to unlock now.

I would give it a shot anyway..

Bunker

D

DiEx80

I too bought the game and played it pretty extensively for a while.

Good news is anything you had before you still have.

Bad news is you need to "unlock" certain zones by paying for them.

It works out okay if you just stick to the free areas.. you can still build a good char but some of the better level/loot zones you have to unlock now.

I would give it a shot anyway..

Bunker
You can get to these areas without paying by getting "Turbine Points" in game by completing missions/mission chains. Granted, its faster to pay for the points but you can earn the points in game as well.

So far I have been hooked on it. Granted I don't like the idea of being stuck at level 4 without paying BUT as I said - there are ways to get it in game without paying.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to know how much it will cost to re-activate my account, and if I will get my old characters back. :blushing: