• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nobody noticed the SNEAKY Nerf??

E

Eyes of Origin

Part of the problem is that these items, minor arties and relics alike shouldnt cost 500k .... Imbuing was being viewed as a way to even the playing field.. now that I think about it, maybe that wasnt the intention. If it was the intention they would've left it alone. Now it just seems to be like anything else, you have to spend possibly 10s of millions of gold to get anything good.. :(

And I am not viewing this from the new player point of view. I know plenty of people who have played for years and have no more than 10-15mil gold in their banks, some of which have turned and spent a great deal of that on training imbuing.

F

Fink

Well so much for having a gargoyle. **** that, I'm just going back to an Elf artificer.
Actually now more than ever it's an advantage to be a gargoyle. Some of the artifacts that unravel to relics for gargs will only return essence for humans or elves, and you can bet the same will be true of top-end loot. Exiler, Orcish Visage, Hanzo's Bow, Darkened Sky & Gloves of the Pugilist all require the gargoyle bonus plus the queen's soulforge to return relics. If you're not a gargoyle, you'll only ever be able to get essence from those. As for ingenious maps guaranteeing an artie to unravel, factor in a lot of the time you get a candelabra or rum or an instrument instead of something useful.

As for relic fragments themselves, I didn't think it so terrible they were craftable. They're a basic ingredient somewhat akin to valorite; all the truly exotic material already came from PvM/PvP and limited what you could do in regards to max mods. Being able to engage in crafting by actually.. omg! ..crafting didn't seem like such a bad idea to me. As for waiting on pvm-oriented customers to supply their own relics, I like to be a little more pro-active than that and make stuff of my own design for sale.

I don't think there's going to be enough sources for relic fragments to sustain Imbuing as a viable alternative to runics. The prices are going to be so high as to make no difference, you may as well opt for the item that'll never need replacing and has a higher property count anyway. I've pulled all my relic-using goods from my vendor this morning to wait until things stabilise before re-pricing them. It's a shame, I had a good clientele for a while.

Part of the problem is that these items, minor arties and relics alike shouldnt cost 500k .... Imbuing was being viewed as a way to even the playing field.. now that I think about it, maybe that wasnt the intention. If it was the intention they would've left it alone. Now it just seems to be like anything else, you have to spend possibly 10s of millions of gold to get anything good.. :(
Very true.. I do wonder what people's perceptions are when they say relics were "too cheap". How much should they be? 500K each? 1m? Even at 200K each you're looking at 1m base cost for one decent property on an item, which you wouldn't pay if you were looking at a runic or looted item anyway. Wasn't Imbuing meant to bridge the gap between gm and runic? Wasn't turnover the reason they were made with limited repairability?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can you guys even stand this new system of crafting? I used to love crafting, but I haven't even bothered upgrading to SA, and reading all of this essence and frags and imbuing, it's just lost its appeal. To me it's wayyy worse now than when AoS came out.

F

Fink

How can you guys even stand this new system of crafting? I used to love crafting, but I haven't even bothered upgrading to SA, and reading all of this essence and frags and imbuing, it's just lost its appeal. To me it's wayyy worse now than when AoS came out.
I find the ability to pick and choose your mods more sensible and preferable to the random lottery that is runic crafting. I also like that the items are designed to wear out, giving some turnover & repeat custom to crafters.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so now i have to go make a thunter on top of everything else I wanna do when I play? :( Better give me another char slot then cause I dont have room unless I delete one of my current chars. and watch!!!!! Once they figure out you are getting them so easyyyy from thunting, they will nerf that too!!!!!!! So more time wasted.. yup thats what I wanna do! *rolls eyes* *grumbles* a bunch of nonsense is what all this is.
I guess thats why u can craft single use soulstones to store skills just incase you dont have any soulstones or soulstone fragments by now.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why is it that everyone first complains, ohh no, its too easy.. then they make it go away then they complain again.. oh no now only scripters can get it.

you know what.. maybe they should leave things alone.. look at tybol.. now you cant even get a cloak.. unless you want to sit down there for 5 hours with a greater dragon and farm it.. oh wait.. thats why everyone complained.. tybol was being farmed for cloaks.. lol.. genius.. at least before you had a chance to GET the cloak for hitting it.
now those guys down there with a team of greater dragons hitting it you probably wont even get loot rights..

i dont see what the big deal was getting relics for crafting up an insane amount of mods on jewelery and unraveling it..

now what, you script for marties?
do doom 1000000 times and get 2 pieces of artifacts then turn those into relics?

how is a honest crafter supposed to get relics?
buying them at 250k each witch now will probably go up to 1m each is NOT the answer.

why is relics the deciding factor for imbuing??
yes its the highest LOW ingredient.. but shouldnt they be easy to get.
the high end ingredients are already semi impossible to get..

this means now if i want to craft up a ring with
15 dci, 15 hci, and 8 lmc i have to charge like 50m for it.. maybe even more.

just buying the 15 relics would cost me 3.75m at 250k per..
then buying the essences they usually go for about 350k for 5.
so that 10.5m

so your going to spend almost 15m buying the ingredients :(

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this means now if i want to craft up a ring with
15 dci, 15 hci, and 8 lmc i have to charge like 50m for it.. maybe even more.

just buying the 15 relics would cost me 3.75m at 250k per..
then buying the essences they usually go for about 350k for 5.
so that 10.5m

so your going to spend almost 15m buying the ingredients :(
so isnt this round about what it cost for something like that prior to imbueing. except now instead of them being a true impossible to get now u can get it and once there is enough out there prices will come back down. and also if it cost you 15 mil to ake it why do you have to sell it for 50? maybe i missed something there.

Also something to add to the person with the problem of not wanting to make a treasure hunter. Every guild has at least one person with cartography and lockpicking. if you got the maps let him dig them up for you. let him take the gold u keep the arty or whatever. U cant go in with just a treasure hunter and dig up a chest and run away. you have to kill everything that comes out first upon digging the chest up. this includes balrons and anchient wyrms. and the balrons are capable of dropping chest which will give you another map. keep complaining and we gonna have to start fishing for arties now tell me how many people have gmed that skill!

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Total crock. I just got SA for 1 reason...imbuing. Now, before I even have it trained up all the way they pull this?

E

Eyes of Origin

I guess thats why u can craft single use soulstones to store skills just incase you dont have any soulstones or soulstone fragments by now.
yes, I am going to go solo Shimmering :rant2: ugh theres a reason we havent seen any of these for sale yet... too hard to get at the present time.

E

Eyes of Origin

so isnt this round about what it cost for something like that prior to imbueing. except now instead of them being a true impossible to get now u can get it and once there is enough out there prices will come back down. and also if it cost you 15 mil to ake it why do you have to sell it for 50? maybe i missed something there.

Also something to add to the person with the problem of not wanting to make a treasure hunter. Every guild has at least one person with cartography and lockpicking. if you got the maps let him dig them up for you. let him take the gold u keep the arty or whatever. U cant go in with just a treasure hunter and dig up a chest and run away. you have to kill everything that comes out first upon digging the chest up. this includes balrons and anchient wyrms. and the balrons are capable of dropping chest which will give you another map. keep complaining and we gonna have to start fishing for arties now tell me how many people have gmed that skill!
Ok.. so this leaves out crafters who craft to craft and dont have a guild... or those who dont wish to be in a guild, are you saying they need to run out and join one? That isnt the right answer, if so.
Any fair guild will roll on the items, thus possibly leaving the crafter empty handed anyway.

I have a fishing on a stone actually.. at least I can do that solo

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just dont see this as a bad thing. There is no rule that says you have to buy frags to imbue. Any crafter who wants o keep a vendor full of high end imbued items is going to have a rough go at it but:

1. I have yet to come across a vendor that keeps stock of anything high end I desire anyway.

2. Imbuing touts getting exactly what you want out of a suit. There is way too much diversity from template to template to make keeping a vendor full of "perfect" items feasable. At that point what's the difference between getting kind of what you want from a runic armor vendor and kind of what you want from an imbuing vendor? Right now folks can throw out powerful imbued items fitting into general categories. But the UO populace has been trained to adapt their templates to the items available. That way of thinking will be out the door soon.

3. Through marties and level 6 maps, getting 5 items that will generate frags isn't too far out of reach. One person farming mats for one item will be able to do so in a hell of a lot less time then fighting the same tough critters over and over waiting for the perfect loot drop. And at the same time farm enough gold to cover whatever cost is of the additional mats the crafter will need to finish the item.

4. mailboxes: Wonderfull in these situations. Perfect for any player who actually has a relationship with a well known crafter. Put your order (written in a book) in a bag with w/e mats you have, a deposit, and a rune to your mailbox...in the crafter's box. When your flag is up, collect your newly crafted item and either your bill or your refund for the unused deposit.

Man there is so much potential for this skill and player interaction. Giving crafters access to creating unlimited frags is going to spell disaster. The process is tedious and boring. It's new now and most are playing legit. In the end there will only be cheating. It's the same scenario w/community collections. Folks will just farm gold to spend on someone's constantly stocked vendor supplied through a frag bot. Thank god they fixed this glitch in the NEW SYSTEM this time instead of resorting to something like community collections....RNG ore/lumber spawns. And kudos for fixing it before the market got saturated. A dev team that learns from their mistakes... wonderful!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no rule that says you have to buy frags to imbue.
Well other than your weapons not having any swing speed increase, jewelry not having any HCI or DCI, jewelry and armor not having LMC, etc.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mining changes weren't put in to thwart scripters, they were put in so that the rare metals would be just that, rare. On that score it worked as intended.
Rare to whom? Certainly not rare for those bots still able to script-mine certainly? Gems? I see new piles stocked up every day on busy shards. The only place where it works "as intended" is for non-power gamers and non-scripters. There both the valorite and the gems are rare. But I bet they were even from the start.

Why should they be easily obtainable? Why should new or casual players be able to get that perfect suit right away?
That perfect suit can`t be made by imbuing alone. An all imbued suit is just a notch up from GM armour. Imbuing isn`t really for high-end armour sets, the cap of 500 total weight makes that impossible. Try. Its great for creating missing pieces in already runic/artie - made gear. Imbuing doesn`t work like a magic wand you wave and then your end -all perfect suit appears. What it does is lowering the entry for regular/casual players, on their way to that "perfect suit." I thought that was the whole point, that missing link.

To what end? What do you do when you are done farming monsters to get that last item that completes your suit anyways?
If we are talking about regular/casual players here that day never comes. Even with the old way of creating relics :)

No Serafi. What we need is to maintain the challenge in this game.
Yes, I agree. But not in this way. You don`t create that challenge by moving the bar further away from regular/casual players. That leads to frustration. Here there were a skill that could fill that gap, where the ingredient needed in 22 mods were obtainable. You still would need to buy /mine those gems and hunt and unravel the items needed for the residue. But, it was obtainable in a way a regular/casual player had not been able to before. Powergamers will always be able to gather more, do more, get more. The more time you can play the more you are able to do. That is as it should be. But you can`t place the entry bar there.

Again, what is the point of having a 100% awesome suit?
I think your view on the power of imbuing regarding armour is a tad skewed. Or maybe your view on what is a 100% awesome suit is different from mine. I certainly cannot create that with imbuing alone. My miner is now running around with an all 70 resist, 100% LRC suit, using almost all 500 points. You might deem that as awesome and it certainly is better than what she used to run around in. But I wouldn`t use that on an advanced mage that want to do more than to just survive before the recall.

Now everyone has a little more of a challenge, and that is a good thing imo.
No, not everyone. And that is I think my major beef with this change. It hurts where it shouldn`t. Where I thought the skill was intended. Between the GM Armour, enhanced monster loot and runics. Where a casual player could be able to put something halfway decent together within a reasonable amount of time.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And then of course there is the fact that it costs 50 relic fragments to get a 120 imbuing power scroll. That's a lot of relic fragments that are now almost impossible to get for anyone other than a gargoyle who already has 120 imbuing...

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no rule that says you have to buy frags to imbue.
Well other than your weapons not having any swing speed increase, jewelry not having any HCI or DCI, jewelry and armor not having LMC, etc.
Do you have to BUY frags for that? Are crafters the only templates in this game with access to frags? Cant you very well just go get them yourself?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Let's see... where can a pure (non-combat) crafter go and get Fragments WITHOUT buying them?

3rd Tier hunting quest? Oh yes, let me send my crafter into a Fel zone champ spawn for a SINGLE fragment as reward.

Hmmm... Arties and Marties? Ok, again without BUYING THEM, how does a crafter go get them?

And you HAVE to have Frags for certain mods regardless of the power level imbued of that mod.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And then of course there is the fact that it costs 50 relic fragments to get a 120 imbuing power scroll. That's a lot of relic fragments that are now almost impossible to get for anyone other than a gargoyle who already has 120 imbuing...
Most trun in 500 essence for the 120 scroll (50 essence = 1ea 115 scroll x 10 in a binder for the 120)

Kinda upset about the change. They have indeed moved the bar farther for the casual player. If they are going to keep it this way, how about turning on The Treausres of Tokuno again or increasing the drop rate in the legacy dungeons a bit.

My .02,
Q

C

Connor_Graham

Solution-

Turn in essence for 115 scrolls, then use a scroll binder to turn those 115's into a 120.

Problem solved.

Relic fragments can no longer be mass produced like Ford's assembly line.
Solution-

Farm essence in the abyss. Sell or trade essence for relic fragments. 10 essence sell for roughly 500k. That's more than enough to pay for a relic fragment, and doesn't take very long to get them.

Problem solved.

:party:

E

Eyes of Origin

Do you have to BUY frags for that? Are crafters the only templates in this game with access to frags? Cant you very well just go get them yourself?
I do farm most of my own stuff.. I spend about an hour or so every couple of days farming for the ingrediants so I can keep 15 or so on hand. Arties are different.. On larger shards you deal with competition for hunting spots, on smaller shards you dont, but you could still farm for a few hours and end up empty handed.

So maybe changing it to where we cant make the relics isnt the problem. Maybe what needs to be done is change the rate at which the arties themselves drop. Dont increase it too much, but make it to where every 20 or so monsters you kill, you get a drop. Cause honestly, right now, the drop system is slow for minor arties, imo. If it wasnt so bad, I wouldnt b**** about going to kill swoops or slashers for a couple hours a week and I might even enter a dungeon for something other than spawning or training.

C

Connor_Graham

Let's see... where can a pure (non-combat) crafter go and get Fragments WITHOUT buying them?
Burn bronze runics. Some of the items made will unravel into fragments. You just have to make the right items. 100% obtainable by crafting. :thumbup1:

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said, all we ever hear is people whining saying scripters get stuff easy so why cant we change the system so everyone gets stuff easy. just make a basic dexer and hit the legacy dungeons for 10th anni drops and get your relics that way if ya dont want to earn them from difficult battles.
Better come up with a better way! Blessed items can't be unraveled, nor can the maps.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

3rd Tier hunting quest? Oh yes, let me send my crafter into a Fel zone champ spawn for a SINGLE fragment as reward.

Hmmm... Arties and Marties? Ok, again without BUYING THEM, how does a crafter go get them?

And you HAVE to have Frags for certain mods regardless of the power level imbued of that mod.
Can your pure (non-comabt) crafter do BoDs?

I

IMTHEWHITERABBIT

All this has done is hurt the little guy. Val hammers are already duped like crazy and now people will use them to make relic frags. Increacing the value of the hammers making it worth while to dupe more. NIce job DEV team. Next time could you give me a kiss or a little pat on the ass.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do farm most of my own stuff.. I spend about an hour or so every couple of days farming for the ingrediants so I can keep 15 or so on hand. Arties are different.. On larger shards you deal with competition for hunting spots, on smaller shards you dont, but you could still farm for a few hours and end up empty handed.

So maybe changing it to where we cant make the relics isnt the problem. Maybe what needs to be done is change the rate at which the arties themselves drop. Dont increase it too much, but make it to where every 20 or so monsters you kill, you get a drop. Cause honestly, right now, the drop system is slow for minor arties, imo. If it wasnt so bad, I wouldnt b**** about going to kill swoops or slashers for a couple hours a week and I might even enter a dungeon for something other than spawning or training.
I could see something dynamic in place for this. Where the rates change (drops slightly) for critters heavily farmed and raises in areas where the mobs go untouched. Does luck effect the marty drop rate? Also there are other areas than paragons that drop arties. I was farming spiders in the underworld for ichor and got a marty drop from a sentinal spider. That could be a "bug" tho.

I am going to try and rely more on special orders and those folks partially supplying frags or items that unravel into frags. Low end runics are very easy to come by and there is an excellent chance of making items with one or two desirable mods on them. It provides for some interesting interaction.

A simple example:

Say somebody gives me 10 frags and wants a max ss weapon. If I have already created that wepon with max ss through a runic, I start with the base weapon I have created that already has max ss on it, add the other mods they desire, and pocket the 10 frags. I can still charge them for the other mods and use the 10 frags (billable) on a different order.

But that requires player interaction. Where imbuing is concerned I don't see any other way to craft end items w/o interacting w/your customer. They want exactly what they want. The only way to figure that out is to ask them.... or the mailbox custom order idea.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Solution-

Turn in essence for 115 scrolls, then use a scroll binder to turn those 115's into a 120.

Problem solved.

Solution-

Farm essence in the abyss. Sell or trade essence for relic fragments. 10 essence sell for roughly 500k. That's more than enough to pay for a relic fragment, and doesn't take very long to get them.

Problem solved.

You need to scroll up where the term "casual player" was used. Then you need to look that term up Connor. Not everyone can play UO 22 hrs a day the way you do.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fair enough (for me) with the BODs, point accepted.

However I think I've found the GLARING issue with making the Fragments so prohibitively rare.

Imbuing is based on three consumed ingredients:

Gems
"Material" (Residue, Essence, Fragment)
"Rare" Ingredient (PvM drops, mining gems, etc)

Of these, the Gems and Material all are consumed when you fail and COMPLETELY consumed at that. The "Rare" Ingredient is NOT consumed.

By the same token, they have been consistently making the "rare" ingredient easier and easier to get (to the point that on my Pvm character, I have stopped picking up certain ingredients either because I already have hundreds or because I don't use the mod).

So they make the "rare" no-fail ingredient easy as can be to get with NO LOSS on fail and ONLY needed on top intensities of mods and make a NECESSARY ingredient for a number of mods at ANY power level that DOES consume on fail harder and harder to get.

So I think they've taken things a bit far on the issue and simply need to tweak the tweak.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All this has done is hurt the little guy. Val hammers are already duped like crazy and now people will use them to make relic frags. Increacing the value of the hammers making it worth while to dupe more. NIce job DEV team. Next time could you give me a kiss or a little pat on the ass.

Man I have been out of the loop here. What do val runics go for these days? Last I checked they were 20-25 mil. So you can get 15 relic frags from one val runic. Are you thinking relic frags will shoot up to 1.5-2 mil each? Thus INCREASING their value?... Really? so 10 mil to imbue max LMC on one piece of armor? Man screw the halloween event. I am going to start farming marties, doing lvl 6 chests and hoarding spinned/shadow runics. Little did I know Miasma (or w/e) is going to start dropping chests worth 1.5 - 2mil!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, and for those of you complaining about supposedly having to go to Fel for the quests-

One of the Tier 3 quests that give relic frags is COMPLETELY in the tram-ruleset side of the Abyss; it's easy enough for a tamer to do solo, and just about any piar of characters to easily farm and not worry about dying without someone to rez them.

Get your facts straight.

T

The Fallout

how so? In the past I have spent hours farming swoops with a 1200+ luck suit and have seen 3 or 4 arties total from it. I also tried this in Blighted Grove killing slashers, same thing there.
That was when I had plenty of time on my hands though. Now, not so much and I dont get anything from farming when I do have to time to do so. Instead of farming for arties, cause obviously my luck is so bad, I farm ingrediants instead because at least that has a better drop rate.
Para Balrons have a 5% chance of a minor drop at 1200+ luck. Para Meer Eternals are also good sources. Swoop never gives me arties.

D

Diggity

Serafi, I agree with your points in post #113 100%.

The first imbued dexxer suit (5 armor pieces + 2 jewels) I made needed 45 relic fragments (30 HCI/DCI and 40 LMC). While it is better than what I had previously, in no way is it uber. I still use arties for some pieces in most imbued suits I make. Someone with many runics can make even better overall suits.

What I particularly dislike about the "can't imbue craft for relics" is that it completely ignores that relic fragments are still readily available by other means. Any crafter with a bronze or better runic hammer, some ml gems and val ingots can create relic frags 99.9% of the time -- details in craftsmen forum. Consider the possibility that script miners/bod runners will have millions of stones of these resources already. Even if they didnt', why should one play style have such easy access to relics? Typically miners already enjoy spending hrs and hrs of mining. Bodders enjoy days and days of monotonous collecting and bod filling. So resource drops are scaled so that it requires hrs and hrs to obtain the hammers/gems/val ingots needed now for relic fragment crafting.

What is really needed is alternative ways to do things. Something like the quests do allow for alternatives to mining for colored ingots and gems. But I don't see a way around needing to bod for runics for easily crafted relic fragments. Without an alternative, prices of bronze runics/ml gems/colored ingots will raise as they are used to meet the relic fragment demand.

S

Slim29

Well,

I must say I'm dissapointed. I give away my bow making idea after spending millions in resources creating the perfect method and they nerf it. I understand the jewelry nerf as that was just too easy, but my bow crafting method took a lot of time and resources so I do not think it was justified. That being said, I love the new Halloween stuff and I have a number of things I could say about how I'm making the most of it. I would share all of my ideas here, but they would probably just get nerfed in the next patch. So I will keep my lips sealed for now, as I would just ruin it for everyone anyway. I'm afraid if I talk about anything else I've learned in the past few days/weeks, there would be an emergency patch almost instantly. Sometimes I feel I am cursed to have such a brilliant curious problem solving brain. In the real world you get rewarded for coming up with great solutions to problems -- here you just get nerfed. What are we teaching our kids? It's okay not to try cause you'll just get nerfed. I feel that's where our society is headed. I am curious to hear anyone else's opinion. I have a few more things I came up with in the past week but wonder if it's worth posting. Developer's - If you are reading this, please give me a reason to continue to share.

U

UOKaiser

Well,

I must say I'm dissapointed. I give away my bow making idea after spending millions in resources creating the perfect method and they nerf it. I understand the jewelry nerf as that was just too easy, but my bow crafting method took a lot of time and resources so I do not think it was justified. That being said, I love the new Halloween stuff and I have a number of things I could say about how I'm making the most of it. I would share all of my ideas here, but they would probably just get nerfed in the next patch. So I will keep my lips sealed for now, as I would just ruin it for everyone anyway. I'm afraid if I talk about anything else I've learned in the past few days/weeks, there would be an emergency patch almost instantly. Sometimes I feel I am cursed to have such a brilliant curious problem solving brain. In the real world you get rewarded for coming up with great solutions to problems -- here you just get nerfed. What are we teaching our kids? It's okay not to try cause you'll just get nerfed. I feel that's where our society is headed. I am curious to hear anyone else's opinion. I have a few more things I came up with in the past week but wonder if it's worth posting. Developer's - If you are reading this, please give me a reason to continue to share.
Nope stay quiet and let people use there brains to figure out solutions. Or else say something and if it's good watch the solution be nerfed.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
640K sitting and waiting for prices to go up. :thumbup1: :stir:

Don't pat yourself on the back too much Slim..you weren't the first and aren't the only one with a forward thinking mind.

The rest of us just keep our mouths shut.

E

Eyes of Origin

640K sitting and waiting for prices to go up. :thumbup1: :stir:

Don't pat yourself on the back too much Slim..you weren't the first and aren't the only one with a forward thinking mind.

The rest of us just keep our mouths shut.
Thank you very effing much whoever's idea it was to change this stuff and now the rest of us will have to pay unless we have the time to effing farm.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah right!! They so apologize for your inability to think and then act upon a 2 active brain cell action.

Some of us quietly and quickly 120d our skill and then set out to mass make a resource we all knew to be almost finite. There was to be an initial glut as people converted their stored items into frags and then wasted them trying to discover what and how to make items.

We are going to be the ones stepping in and fulfilling a need. We said nothing and just performed a simple task.

Yes...we are so "effing" bad.

More like just smarter than the average dolt in the game. Glad to see you standing up to be counted as not smarter than the average dolt in the game.

We will gladly take your gold and you will love the item you can make, because of those who were smarter than the average dolt in the game.

You are welcome.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rare to whom? Certainly not rare for those bots still able to script-mine certainly? Gems? I see new piles stocked up every day on busy shards. The only place where it works "as intended" is for non-power gamers and non-scripters. There both the valorite and the gems are rare. But I bet they were even from the start.

That perfect suit can`t be made by imbuing alone. An all imbued suit is just a notch up from GM armour. Imbuing isn`t really for high-end armour sets, the cap of 500 total weight makes that impossible. Try. Its great for creating missing pieces in already runic/artie - made gear. Imbuing doesn`t work like a magic wand you wave and then your end -all perfect suit appears. What it does is lowering the entry for regular/casual players, on their way to that "perfect suit." I thought that was the whole point, that missing link.

If we are talking about regular/casual players here that day never comes. Even with the old way of creating relics :)

Yes, I agree. But not in this way. You don`t create that challenge by moving the bar further away from regular/casual players. That leads to frustration. Here there were a skill that could fill that gap, where the ingredient needed in 22 mods were obtainable. You still would need to buy /mine those gems and hunt and unravel the items needed for the residue. But, it was obtainable in a way a regular/casual player had not been able to before. Powergamers will always be able to gather more, do more, get more. The more time you can play the more you are able to do. That is as it should be. But you can`t place the entry bar there.

I think your view on the power of imbuing regarding armour is a tad skewed. Or maybe your view on what is a 100% awesome suit is different from mine. I certainly cannot create that with imbuing alone. My miner is now running around with an all 70 resist, 100% LRC suit, using almost all 500 points. You might deem that as awesome and it certainly is better than what she used to run around in. But I wouldn`t use that on an advanced mage that want to do more than to just survive before the recall.

No, not everyone. And that is I think my major beef with this change. It hurts where it shouldn`t. Where I thought the skill was intended. Between the GM Armour, enhanced monster loot and runics. Where a casual player could be able to put something halfway decent together within a reasonable amount of time.
Even scripters can't get thousands of val ingots a day. They mine everything which ends up maintaining the rarity of val and high end metals versus low end metals. Yes, they get more val than the casual player. Just as if someone who plays for 5 hours a night will GM skills faster than someone who plays on weekends. Again, this was not a change implemented in order to foil scripters. As you assert it is "working as intended" with those it was intended for.

Do you really, REALLY think that val was just as rare when everyone had a mining book to a dozen val spots and could get some whenever they wanted, compared to now with ever changing spots? Maybe people were just lazy, knowing they could get it when they needed it instead of it being a desirable commodity.

You keep speaking up for the casual player, but how many casual players have the time to get to legendary imbuing and then sit around for hours and make and unravel rings to get relic fragments? Not to mention farm the gold to buy the gems and chop trees for oak for MR or whatever.

Why are you acting like cheap relics are a necessity? A list of what properties relics are needed for:

Armor properties:
LMC

Jewelry Properties:
DCI
HCI
FC
FCR
LMC

How about the properties that relics are not needed for?

Armor properties:
EVERYTHING ELSE BUT LMC (regens, stat increases, luck, RPD, LMC, LRC, resists, etc)

Jewelry properties:
DI
Stat bonuses
LRC
SDI
EP
Luck
Night sight
Resists
ANY +skill property

WOW what a huge nerf. Those poor newbies who can't get LMC on their armor or 1/3 rings with 15 DCI right off the bat. *snorts*

E

Eyes of Origin

Yeah right!! They so apologize for your inability to think and then act upon a 2 active brain cell action.

Some of us quietly and quickly 120d our skill and then set out to mass make a resource we all knew to be almost finite. There was to be an initial glut as people converted their stored items into frags and then wasted them trying to discover what and how to make items.

We are going to be the ones stepping in and fulfilling a need. We said nothing and just performed a simple task.

Yes...we are so "effing" bad.

More like just smarter than the average dolt in the game. Glad to see you standing up to be counted as not smarter than the average dolt in the game.

We will gladly take your gold and you will love the item you can make, because of those who were smarter than the average dolt in the game.

You are welcome.
I cant tell you what I want to tell you... but I will tell you this much... there are some people who do not have the time to 120 the skill right off the bat and get their loyalty up right away.. there are people who want to do other things in game besides work skills the whole time they are on.
That doesnt make you smarter than anyone else in game, it just shows you apparently had more time on your hands than most others do.

My gold??? LOL you arent getting my gold.. I already made my statement.... I would rather pay an online broker (not saying I will, but its definately an option at this point) then pay into those who are doing exactly what you are planning on doing, so dont think for one minute that you are getting my gold.

C

Connor_Graham

Solution-

Problem solved.

Solution-

Problem solved.

You need to scroll up where the term "casual player" was used. Then you need to look that term up Connor. Not everyone can play UO 22 hrs a day the way you do.
I know exactly what the term casual player means. Since you don't even have SA, why don't you get some actual working knowledge before shooting your mouth off? It takes roughly an hour or less to get 10 essence, usually less.

And for the record, I don't play anywhere near 22 hours. My back can't handle more than a 2-3 hour stretch at a time, but thanks for your concern. It's been duly noted.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yay another nerf that benifits the scripters, you know the ones that did it non stop. This blows honestly was it really that bad considering the cost and time of making those items.

Ah well way to go Devs in making the people that cheat in game even richer.
Benefits is spelled with an E not an I......yes, spelling counts.
I never did the make 'em yourself routine. I'm sure this was unintended too.

How.......how does this benefit scripting?????????

Someone going out and farming loot??

You lost me smokeman

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Most trun in 500 essence for the 120 scroll (50 essence = 1ea 115 scroll x 10 in a binder for the 120)
Solution-

Problem solved.
Silly me. This was a change I wasn't aware of. Guess I'm going to have to research those scroll binders...

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After Pub62, the magic intensity calculation is changed for unravelling "imbued" stuff.
Obtaining Relic Fragment from "imbued" item became very difficult.
But the magic intensity calculation isn't changed for unravelling "non-imbued" stuff.

Example)
unravelling item property[weapon] :
"Imbued"
Damage Increase +35%
Hit Dispel : 40%
Hit Stamina leech : 46%
Hit Cold Area : 48%
Spell Channelling
Material : Shadow
Race : Gargoyle
Soul Forge : Queen's
durability is more than 50.

A : Total Magic intensity = 70+80+92+96+100 = 438%
B : Material Bonus = 20%
C : Race Bonus = 20%
D : Soul Forge Bonus = 30%
A + B + C + D = 508%
It doesn't change to here.

[Before Pub62]
unravelling intensity = 508% * 0.95 = 482%
Relic Fragment is obtained.
0.95 is correction rate by "imbued" item

[After Pub62]
unravelling intensity = 508% * 0.80 = 406%
Enchanted Essence is obtained.
0.80 is correction rate by "imbued" item after pub62.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chrome,

I was unaware of this formula. So what you are saying is the current way to figure out if you will get a relic fragment is this:

If un-imbued:

A >= 381
B = 20
C = 20
D = 30

Then A+B+C+D = 451 = Relic Fragment.

If imbued:

A >= 494
B = 20
C = 20
D = 30

Then A+B+C+D = 564 * .8 = 451 = Relic Fragment.

Did I get this math correct?

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chrome,

I was unaware of this formula. So what you are saying is the current way to figure out if you will get a relic fragment is this:

If un-imbued:

A >= 381
B = 20
C = 20
D = 30

Then A+B+C+D = 451 = Relic Fragment.

If imbued:

A >= 494
B = 20
C = 20
D = 30

Then A+B+C+D = 564 * .8 = 451 = Relic Fragment.

Did I get this math correct?
Yes. That's right.
And other B [Material Bonus] Bonus is as fellows.
Dullcopper :10
Shadow : 20
Copper : 30
Bronze : 40
Gold : 50
Agapite : 60
Verite : 70
Valorite : 80
Spined : 40
Horned : 60
Barbed : 80
Oak : 30
Ash : 40
Yew : 50
Heartwood : 60
Bloodwood : 70
Frostwood : 80
All Scales : 40

D [Soul Forge] Bonus is
Normal : 0
Royal city(center) : 10
Queen's : 30

If Durability is less than 50, correction rate decreases 0.02 each.
ex)
durability 30 --- correction rate is 0.60 (=1.00-0.02*20)
durability 45 and imbued --- correction rate is 0.70 (=1.00-0.02*5-0.20)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And I don't think this is only affecting relic fragments. I don't think I'm getting as many residue from imbued items I am recycling either, as I was before.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I don't think this is only affecting relic fragments. I don't think I'm getting as many residue from imbued items I am recycling either, as I was before.
I think his formula would also work for magical residue and enchanted essence. So the way to get to the minimum needed has changed for those as well.

What is the minimum needed for those anyhow? Like 101 for magical residue and 251 for enchanted essence?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not quite, not even close..........main problem here is just obtaining relic fragments. To some, it's more of a headache than it's worth. To others it's a chance never had before.

I lucked out and sat on all my ToT stuff......but if I had to.....I'd hit the dungeons......while trying to gather the new holloween collectibles, I got 2 minor arties. I don't buy from vendors and tend to be self supportive 99.99% of the time.........so, yeah, this will hurt alot of players, then again, some can make some gold finally too.

I see both sides of the coin.

S

Smokin

Benefits is spelled with an E not an I......yes, spelling counts.
I never did the make 'em yourself routine. I'm sure this was unintended too.

How.......how does this benefit scripting?????????

Someone going out and farming loot??

You lost me smokeman
Why because people made scripts to make them their selves routine and have tons of them, look through more of the posts, also the scripts that people used to gather things and many other. I am not saying they fully used scripts but in general that is what these nerf/changes do. They let scripting people take advantage and then sell to others for crazy prices. To make real money usually and they don't even care about the game.

As for it continuing to to benefit the script people, well when you start seeing them farm places with 2000 luck unattended or what not then you will see that also.

Now for spelling, personally it does not count to me because its not a number. I am good with numbers so I could careless about spelling. If your an English teacher then I will tell you the same thing I told mine in school. I will gladly PM you the response. Also spell check is not always right so I do not trust it, it checks for American spelling instead of other countries proper spelling.

S

Smokin

Yes. That's right.
And other B [Material Bonus] Bonus is as fellows.
Dullcopper :10
Shadow : 20
Copper : 30
Bronze : 40
Gold : 50
Agapite : 60
Verite : 70
Valorite : 80
Spined : 40
Horned : 60
Barbed : 80
Oak : 30
Ash : 40
Yew : 50
Heartwood : 60
Bloodwood : 70
Frostwood : 80
All Scales : 40

D [Soul Forge] Bonus is
Normal : 0
Royal city(center) : 10
Queen's : 30

If Durability is less than 50, correction rate decreases 0.02 each.
ex)
durability 30 --- correction rate is 0.60 (=1.00-0.02*20)
durability 45 and imbued --- correction rate is 0.70 (=1.00-0.02*5-0.20)
I don't know but I just made an item that would be 459 after all the numbers and it gave a essence. I tried to do another but screwed up and failed on enhancing. Maybe the enhancing material bonus also changed. I was using bloodwood.

Oh is that material bonus only for armor or for weapons too.