• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So....

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...Sonoma is just loosing its appeal for me and fast. So Pac is being looked at. I have a few questions first....

1. Who are the main PvP guilds on Pac and how many people do they field?
2. Which of these guilds are recruiting?
3. What are the reputations of said guilds?
4. Where is the PvP generally located at?
5. What types of templates are most commonly played?

I know of a few people who play on Pac. Know of names. Kal and Kyrite are two. I remember MasterP (stratics name) from when I played Napa Valley with W@R back in the day.

My character names/former names and the guilds I have been in over my UO PvP career:

Dark Stone, Black Majick, Mr. Grimm, G I Z M O, Diablo, Jheran Viaxus

Sonoma: Waka, S1N, E^E, SCAM, TBA.
Napa: W@R
Pac: |M|
Baja: -H8-

Well...any input appreciated. Looking at Pac atm.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...Sonoma is just loosing its appeal for me and fast. So Pac is being looked at. I have a few questions first....

I know of a few people who play on Pac. Know of names. Kal and Kyrite are two. I remember MasterP (stratics name) from when I played Napa Valley with W@R back in the day.

My character names/former names and the guilds I have been in over my UO PvP career:

If your from OK, your gonna lag REAL bad... Maybe not, I live in Cali and lag bad LOL. But there are planty of cheats people can show you how to use that will help with that I guess.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ping around 60-70 too all west coast and east coast servers...around 40-50 too the few midwest. I lagg everywhere. The amazing part is I still manage to kill people....maybe its lack of talent on Sonoma or skill on my part. I do not know. Just looking for a change of scenary. If I die, I die. Its a game...ya know?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ping around 60-70 too all west coast and east coast servers...around 40-50 too the few midwest. I lagg everywhere. The amazing part is I still manage to kill people....maybe its lack of talent on Sonoma or skill on my part. I do not know. Just looking for a change of scenary. If I die, I die. Its a game...ya know?

Well, plenty of pvp going on hee if that's all your into. I am your resident crafter, there ARE others, but why bother, everyone usually comes to me first, even if they hate me... Look for stuff crafted by Tesla Wear.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya...but 10x more active could mean 10x the trash as well. I started on Sonoma in 97 and have been there mostly ever since. Except for my occasional off shard ventures. Mainly looking for a semi active guild that is not full of adolescent teenagers screaming and being morons. Think I can find it on Pac???

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya...but 10x more active could mean 10x the trash as well. I started on Sonoma in 97 and have been there mostly ever since. Except for my occasional off shard ventures. Mainly looking for a semi active guild that is not full of adolescent teenagers screaming and being morons. Think I can find it on Pac???
Nope... Well, ONE teenager... The rest of us act like it... read our forums... you'll get a good idea of how things work here.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't really gotten into the PVP scene yet but I read the forums and make my way into Fel quite often. I think the main PVP guilds are:
WL
THC
SUPR
|M|
CoM
GOO!

I have nothing against these guys, but from what other people have told me and from what I've read:
WL is made up of a lot of archers (and KalVasTenki is a nice guy. =]) and rumor has it they like to sit in their houses while PVPing (but I've never seen this).
THC and SUPR were orginally just SUPR but branched due to guild stuff, but those two guilds are pretty big I THINK and some of them are pretty nice guys (Aka. Gemma, Reywind and Pink)
|M| gets a lot of **** for a lot of reasons... pretty big guild.
I'm not really sure about the characters of CoM... I've only had a few encounters with them and they were... pretty weird.
GOO! is made up of some good PVPers but I think they're small in ranks?

This is all from an outsiders opinion so people can correct all they like.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for reply. Thinking tonight after gym and dinner have to hop on and just take a stroll around. See what is going on.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

I'm not really sure about the characters of CoM... I've only had a few encounters with them and they were... pretty weird.

CoM is a faction hun... the new FME! and |M|'s faciton guild |T| are in CoM.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd answer all questions like the post is requesting.. But I'm too tired to do so.
From my experience , Pacific is the best shard for community, PvP, and activeness. This may sound bias because I'm a Pacific native and this is the Pacific shard board.. But really , I've tried searching through the other West Coast shards so I can have a bit of variety and nothing compares to Pacific

There are new guilds and people showing up everyday , so I'd suggest you be one of them because this shard is the best. :hug:

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks KalVas. Ya...I am leaning towards Pac atm. Seems pretty active on forums and if forums say anything about the PvP world...Im sure Ill have fun. Just too decide what type of char i want too bring over....

Have also received a PM or two saying that they would anwser any questions I have via ICQ later this evening. So all good there.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks KalVas. Ya...I am leaning towards Pac atm. Seems pretty active on forums and if forums say anything about the PvP world...Im sure Ill have fun. Just too decide what type of char i want too bring over....
Bring whatever you feel comfortable with. The templates are very diverse.. So chances are you'll be fighting every template that exists.

E

Eyes of Origin

When he said CoM is weird, he meant sweet. Common mistake.
she.. not he.. otherwise Sargon wouldnt be calling her hon... well, maybe he would..

"But really , I've tried searching through the other West Coast shards so I can have a bit of variety and nothing compares to Pacific"

Tenki is right, he posted to all the west coast boards asking about the pvp and nothing does compare to Pac, which is why I am glad to be a Pac transplant :p

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get out while you can, Pac sucks you in... Get out or stay out while you can, don't get involved LOL

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CoM is a faction hun... the new FME! and |M|'s faciton guild |T| are in CoM.
Well, I know that, but I could have sworn that there was a guild with that name too, but it must have been M... sorry, that was posted late at night when I couldn't sleep due to insomnia. =[

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your from OK, your gonna lag REAL bad... Maybe not, I live in Cali and lag bad LOL. But there are planty of cheats people can show you how to use that will help with that I guess.
lol listen to you!

Not only are you full of poop, but you even recommend people to the *dark side*. I have pinged 140+ to the west now for two years...100+ to the east. In that time I always played a mage and very rarely complained about losing due to bad ping. There is no need to cheat, and if you feel it is needed...please please keep your happy ass in Trammel.

R

Rand Al

I'm going out on a limb here, and I'm just going to have to say it's you. It just makes sense.
Quit fooling we know its you! And get off the limb loony its going to snap like you did!...... err whats this thread about?

M

mutau

good question

got lost in the perpetual U-turn with you and Chad.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol listen to you!

Not only are you full of poop, but you even recommend people to the *dark side*. I have pinged 140+ to the west now for two years...100+ to the east. In that time I always played a mage and very rarely complained about losing due to bad ping. There is no need to cheat, and if you feel it is needed...please please keep your happy ass in Trammel.
No.... I am gonna say THIS is where things go wrong... Nerd Rage at it's finest here. Every post where this guy follows, it's nerd Rage.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.... I am gonna say THIS is where things go wrong... Nerd Rage at it's finest here. Every post where this guy follows, it's nerd Rage.
Rage implies anger...lol

Am I a nerd? Why yes...I am. I have a computer and I enjoy video games. You?

I love the last part though...reminds me of *im rubber your glue*.

Please sir...try again.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rage implies anger...lol

Am I a nerd? Why yes...I am. I have a computer and I enjoy video games. You?

I love the last part though...reminds me of *im rubber your glue*.

Please sir...try again.
See, this girls Nerd Rage is showing bad... Calm down sweetie... It's not that bad. Remove that sand... I know it itches.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

Well, I know that, but I could have sworn that there was a guild with that name too, but it must have been M... sorry, that was posted late at night when I couldn't sleep due to insomnia. =[
pot is our friend...

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmk sally...pete and repeat were sitting on the ledge...pete falls off...who is left?
See witness more nerd rage right here. Pay attention peoples... He'll do this now every single thread cause he has lost all hope, and his nerd rage has taken completely over.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmk sally...pete and repeat were sitting on the ledge...pete falls off...who is left?
See witness more nerd rage right here. Pay attention peoples... He'll do this now every single thread cause he has lost all hope, and his nerd rage has taken completely over.

S

SUPRsalad

you're not even using that term right. . .
You'll know nerd rage the first time you guys get pushed in real bad by SUPR. It happens, from time to time, and unlike sargon, you have not the perseverance to not nerd rage, and rage-log.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe...My thread got hijacked. O well. Enjoy! I think after talking too a couple of people last nite I am going too be bringing over mage to pac. So see folks in a couple weeks. Gotta finish training char to bring over and get suit/supplies ready.

S

SUPRsalad

Let us know if you need supplies when you get here. SUPR/THC has a corner on that market ;)

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah

Pvp Guilds are

GOO!> We rockzors you
|M|>|T|> Zerg can have up to 30 online at one time faceless pvpers with no talent.
FL> Meatshields.
SUPR>THC Zerg but has a few decent pvpers.
WL' House hiding 101, only has one good member Mr Tenki.
FME? Good base pvpers..

MY opinion and i think everyone agrees on the |M| and GOO! part!

:D

Edit... Forgot to add Faction list

GOO! TB

|T| and FME? = CoM

SL= FL and WL'

Min = SUPR/THC

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah

Pvp Guilds are

GOO!> We rockzors you
|M|>|T|> Zerg can have up to 30 online at one time faceless pvpers with no talent.
FL> Meatshields.
SUPR>THC Zerg but has a few decent pvpers.
WL' House hiding 101, only has one good member Mr Tenki.
FME? Good base pvpers..

MY opinion and i think everyone agrees on the |M| and GOO! part!

:D

Edit... Forgot to add Faction list

GOO! TB

|T| and FME? = CoM

SL= FL and WL'

Min = SUPR/THC

I wouldn't consider us a zerg with the recent exodus of a few of our players but for the most part this is true.

M

McVie

wow thats a lot of people bud you need to work on your math; i have never seen this many on. come to think of it i have never seen you out of yew.