• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Did I just find duped items?

S

saladid

House fall today in Atlantic got 4 2 story tall statues and 2 REAL The Most Knowledge Person 1st (Arirang) are these items duped or not???? Called a GM and got a auto response. I don't want to put in my house if items are duped or even in my account if duped. What should i do?

S

saladid

Well talked with a gm in game, he scanned the items and told me he didn't find anything wrong with the items! YES!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tell ya what, that's really, really nice for you, but....

just how many people came in first in that Most Knowledge Person contest, anyway? :D

S

saladid

Well that makes me nervous. Gm came on 2nd page and side items are fine. Could the robes be from different shards?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
forgive me, no way I meant to make you question your decision to keep them... the GM said the items were legit, then that would be the final word, yes?

no, what I was wondering was just how many of these contests they had on the shard of Arirang cause I know I've seen this item on the boards before :)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, all of those items are duped, despite what the GM might have said.. However, you are likely not to get in trouble for owning them.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, all of those items are duped, despite what the GM might have said.. However, you are likely not to get in trouble for owning them.
What Tomas said. Typically when someone dupes an item they xfer it to another shard so it gets a new item id number (or something similar to give it a new number). Two items with the same ID number would not survive server up. So a GM won't be able to tell it's duped, but yeah, your stuff is not legit. Buck up though, most of the stuff in UO is duped by now. Sigh.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Tomas said. Typically when someone dupes an item they xfer it to another shard so it gets a new item id number (or something similar to give it a new number). Two items with the same ID number would not survive server up. So a GM won't be able to tell it's duped, but yeah, your stuff is not legit. Buck up though, most of the stuff in UO is duped by now. Sigh.
I agree! face the facts most out there is duped :mad: