• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Most of us* would like a lot more Stable Slots...

T

The Fallout

Calm down.

The only hate on here is the people arguing about more slots,= Tamers.

You have the right to your opinion, just like we all do.

Many of us are ok with the slots and are looking forward to the 2 extra ones.
Okay that is great, and I request the devs just change that 2 to a 5 or 8 or 10. Something that will actually help, because the lack of stable slots has no reasoning behind it.

We all have opinion but people are saying no to more stable slots for no reason at all.

U

UOKaiser

It isn't only about storage.

What it is about is coding and "time to code".

While you want more slots many players want other things.

Like fixed bugs, additions to PVP, stopping cheaters, and random spawns.

Do you think more slots need coding before the above? If so get in line.
One thing at a time. Bugs are fixed when there found if the coding is not wraped up so much they have to look for it,reproduce the bug and get a fix in,additions to pvp they need to go through testing Q&A balance issues and whole mess of other things, stopping cheaters well thats what gms are for and it's a never ending fight, random spawns don't like that to much it's just not meant for a grinding game.

So stable slots well the only testing they need is to make sure they have the space to handle more pet infio and no extra bugs are made thats it really,no balance issues no Q&A no anything just space which is nothing in this day and age and they are already familiar with the stable coding so it's not nothing they need to relearn like most of the other 11 year old code . So yea stable slots can be handled between a publish without out worrying a bit about it. At least this is what am lead to believe all these years.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It probably is due to the fact that the new client would probably take more slots with little problem due to the new coding, but the classic 2d will still be bulked down and since you can use both they went for the middle ground so both clients would be stable (pardon the pun) :D

H

Heartseeker

It probably is due to the fact that the new client would probably take more slots with little problem due to the new coding, but the classic 2d will still be bulked down and since you can use both they went for the middle ground so both clients would be stable (pardon the pun) :D
lol.:thumbsup:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So stable slots well the only testing they need is to make sure they have the space to handle more pet infio and no extra bugs are made thats it really,no balance issues no Q&A no anything just space which is nothing in this day and age and they are already familiar with the stable coding so it's not nothing they need to relearn like most of the other 11 year old code . So yea stable slots can be handled between a publish without out worrying a bit about it. At least this is what am lead to believe all these years.
And besides they have established a NON UO World Wide Stable, stabling system, that can be tied to the House Secures (if it isn't already, I never did check the Chicken Coop to see if it deducted 3 secures or not).

There would be nothing in terms of cloning the Coop, change the number of slots to 25, giving a 1:5 ratio on Secure Consumption.

And it was interesting to see the argument that Development and Bug Fixing are mutually exclusive, when I would bet the farm that if it were something they wanted they would be saying, Are you Nuts, Development and Bug Fixing are totally unrelated.

Given the 2D Client MUST deal with the Chicken Coop, then that argument is laughable, no really it is very laughable. Hello, Container coding is NOT going to break 2D, get a clue that is ALL this storage talk is about, the venerable, tried, well oiled CONTAINER CODE.

The ONLY thing one could debate is IF THE UO WORLD WIDE STABLE SYSTEM IS NEARING MAXIMUM. And guess what the Extension of the Chicken Coop BYPASS that system, it localizes it to a HOUSE.

H

Heartseeker

And besides they have established a NON UO World Wide Stable, stabling system, that can be tied to the House Secures (if it isn't already, I never did check the Chicken Coop to see if it deducted 3 secures or not).

There would be nothing in terms of cloning the Coop, change the number of slots to 25, giving a 1:5 ratio on Secure Consumption.

And it was interesting to see the argument that Development and Bug Fixing are mutually exclusive, when I would bet the farm that if it were something they wanted they would be saying, Are you Nuts, Development and Bug Fixing are totally unrelated.

Given the 2D Client MUST deal with the Chicken Coop, then that argument is laughable, no really it is very laughable. Hello, Container coding is NOT going to break 2D, get a clue that is ALL this storage talk is about, the venerable, tried, well oiled CONTAINER CODE.

The ONLY thing one could debate is IF THE UO WORLD WIDE STABLE SYSTEM IS NEARING MAXIMUM. And guess what the Extension of the Chicken Coop BYPASS that system, it localizes it to a HOUSE.
You are wrong in your assumptions.

There are many things that people would like changed, but don't feel the need to post constantly about it.

Maybe you feel the need to natter constantly but many don't.

I would love to hear from a dev about the stable issue, because it was mentioned before in some old post.

"Laughable", I think not.

M

Maija

I didn't hear about the devs promising 2 more slots! When/where? Are they for everyone, or tamer-specific? My crafter has an ostard she's had since she was a newbie that I don't have the heart to get rid of, but it would be so nice to have a packie + fire beetle when she mines.

As far as tamers go, I agree that just two more may be too few, but I'm not the kind of tamer who has an entire pack. I do, however, not yet have my own greater dragon (no guild and too scared to try one alone) and have only a few "useless" pets (a squirrel, a couple of ostards that I still regularly ride, and a drake with sentimental value) I'm at full capacity in my stable with just the full complement of "useful" pets. I'm going to have to let go of the drake when I do decide to get a greater, if they don't give the two stable slots the OP mentioned, and as I mentioned, I don't even have a pack, which some tamers do have.

Consider that the size of the player base has shrunk over the years and the cost of the hardware being used for storage has been upgraded considerably (I would hope!), having some more pets in the stable isn't going to kill the servers. We still have the same number of control slots limiting what we play with. What is the big deal?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about no more storing weapons in houses or bank. Warriors will have to store their weapons with a NPC at the weapon shop like the one in moonglow. You will only be able to store only 18 weapons, and you are also charged 30gp a week. You are only allowed to take out 1 to 2 weapons depending on if its a slayer or used in pvp. you have to pay a 30gp charge everytime you need to put your weapon back into storage.
or
Shut down stables and allow tamers to store their pets in there houses and bank boxes. You store it in your bank or lock it down at your house. and each pet takes up 1 lockdown.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt use Chicken coops as an example just yet...they not even gone live yet ;)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are wrong in your assumptions....
Yeah well remember YOU said you had an OPINION and here you are speaking as if you were GOD and had FACTS.

I am NOT wrong, I made NO assumptions :) so go stick your Opinion were it came from :thumbsup:

Do you honestly NOT think the Stables are NOT a variation on the Container Model? *Shakes Head* Sheesh, were you around when the Stables were tied to the Stable NPC you stabled the pet with? That because people were stabling bunnies and birds that the system got tied WORLD WIDE. That that even broke down / became max'd out.

Would it ever occur to you that at its most simple implementation a Container is a LIST OF ITEMS?

But hey don't let that stop you from telling the ones you and others have been attacking, because YOU HATE THEM, to calm down and how their hysteria is the ONLY FORM OF HATE going on.

You can OFFER ZERO REASONS as to why they should NOT get the extra slots and argue it based exclusively on how MUCH YOU HATE either Greater Dragons and / or Tamers.

It is far more preferable to deal with straight up people that tell it the way it is than to deal with those that think they are clever and can play all kinds of silly word games, mind games.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah well remember YOU said you had an OPINION and here you are speaking as if you were GOD and had FACTS.

I am NOT wrong, I made NO assumptions :) so go stick your Opinion were it came from :thumbsup:

Do you honestly NOT think the Stables are NOT a variation on the Container Model? *Shakes Head* Sheesh, were you around when the Stables were tied to the Stable NPC you stabled the pet with? That because people were stabling bunnies and birds that the system got tied WORLD WIDE. That that even broke down / became max'd out.

Would it ever occur to you that at its most simple implementation a Container is a LIST OF ITEMS?

But hey don't let that stop you from telling the ones you and others have been attacking, because YOU HATE THEM, to calm down and how their hysteria is the ONLY FORM OF HATE going on.

You can OFFER ZERO REASONS as to why they should NOT get the extra slots and argue it based exclusively on how MUCH YOU HATE either Greater Dragons and / or Tamers.

It is far more preferable to deal with straight up people that tell it the way it is than to deal with those that think they are clever and can play all kinds of silly word games, mind games.
Erm, excuse me i think i just gave a reason. right or wrong it is still a possible reason.
All i've seen in your posts is alot of shouting and attacks on people having a disscusion.

H

Heartseeker

You are wrong in your assumptions....

Holds up a mirror.

Clever enough for you.

My problem is less with Tamer's and more with your posting style.

The way you talk in circles reminds me of Fayled Dreams.

I don't remember coming off as God; but since you're not on the Mythic team your input as to how easy the adding of slots would be is null, and void.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm, excuse me i think i just gave a reason. right or wrong it is still a possible reason.
All i've seen in your posts is alot of shouting and attacks on people having a disscusion.
You are joking right? Attacks on people having a discussion? You at best could mean people taking ... not just past each other ... but in the opposite direction from each other.

You set there and derail a thread about storage slots with your vendetta against tamers and then pretend it was a valid discussion?

You propose that I not look at the Chicken Coop because it is NOT in production yet as a VALID reason?

:) Why not, here is a saying, take from it what you will

I have an open mind, mind you, but it is NOT so open my BRAINS FALL OUT.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....I don't remember coming off as God; but since you're not on the Mythic team your input as to how easy the adding of slots would be is null, and void.
As you say YOUR OPINION :thumbsup: and as I said you can take your opinion and stick it were it came from.

You have an issue with my posting style? Is that the worlds smallest fiddle on my thumb?

Do be sure to make your rebuttals all about my posting style and how your so clueless. That will certainly get your point across in a thread across.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are joking right? Attacks on people having a discussion? You at best could mean people taking ... not just past each other ... but in the opposite direction from each other.

You set there and derail a thread about storage slots with your vendetta against tamers and then pretend it was a valid discussion?

You propose that I not look at the Chicken Coop because it is NOT in production yet as a VALID reason?

:) Why not, here is a saying, take from it what you will

I have an open mind, mind you, but it is NOT so open my BRAINS FALL OUT.
You really need to read, my reason was about the coding differences between the new client and the classic 2d client. I sugest you calm down and start drinking decaff, then read the thread from the start and try to understand everyones point of view.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really need to read, my reason was about the coding differences between the new client and the classic 2d client. I sugest you calm down and start drinking decaff, then read the thread from the start and try to understand everyones point of view.
I suggest you don't make assertions about things you are ... unfamiliar with. The 2D client Breaking because they alternatively give every 100 more stable slots OR they introduce a variation on the Chicken Coop is, as I said, laughable. I concede that it can be a valid argument to you, that is stretching / reaching for anything at all that has even the most remote chance of sticking to the wall.

As to everyones point of view:

OP and Group We would like to have more stable slots.

You and Group, we have zero reasons for you to NOT have more stable slots, but we will create anything and everything we can that MAY stick to the wall as a 100% distraction. For no other reasons than we hate your class and / or one or more of your pets.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Doh in the immortal words of Kelso "Burn"

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest you don't make assertions about things you are ... unfamiliar with. The 2D client Breaking because they alternatively give every 100 more stable slots OR they introduce a variation on the Chicken Coop is, as I said, laughable. I concede that it can be a valid argument to you, that is stretching / reaching for anything at all that has even the most remote chance of sticking to the wall.

As to everyones point of view:

OP and Group We would like to have more stable slots.

You and Group, we have zero reasons for you to NOT have more stable slots, but we will create anything and everything we can that MAY stick to the wall as a 100% distraction. For no other reasons than we hate your class and / or one or more of your pets.
Lol, It's my group now? Then i stand corrected then as the Paladin class must be mighty indeed then to own an entire playset.
Regardless, this thread has come to a close as you may look at other posts but you do not read them.

*walks out*

T

The Fallout

Lol, It's my group now? Then i stand corrected then as the Paladin class must be mighty indeed then to own an entire playset.
Regardless, this thread has come to a close as you may look at other posts but you do not read them.

*walks out*
Why do you bring up your paladin? Because it needs to be beefed up? That would affect gameplay and must be thought out and tested. Adding stable slots does nothing to gameplay.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animal taming, and animal lore gives us tamers our extra stable slots. So we should get stable slots for vet and herding since those 2 skills tie into the tamers template.
Actually vet gives extra stable slots .... 1 for gm and 1 for each 10 skillspoints above. If i remmeber the correct numbers a tamer with 120 tame/vet/lore has 14 stable slots and will have 2 more, when he buys SA. (That is, if that stable slot bonus is not bugged on tamers. *g* )

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Listen here. I am a dog person and if I want to have 25 normal dogs in my stables I should be able to. What about the tamers who just want to have 25 dogs, rabbits or birds in their stables?

Yes I mean to be funny but really I want 25 dogs now. Its not like I can use 25 dogs all at once. Its called Stable Slot not Control slots.

I do agree on the weapons. I have TONS of weapons to pick from. Slayer weapons, Gold, Fire, Physical whatever. So why cant tamers have different things?

Honestly id like this

5 pack of wolves
5 Hell Kittens
5 Ostys
2 Bakes
Every color Hiyru
Greater Dragon Both colors
Normal Dragon Both Colors
White Wyrm both whites
Drake both colors so the mommy dragon can have a baby
5 Chickens
5 Birds
My Red Rare Imp
My Neon Bunny Rabbit

Thats about all.

Oh and I love how they put in pet resing thing. Way to kill more interaction
in the game. Is this a single player game?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Michelle, vet is already calculated into the stable slot formula.

Personally, I don't feel the need for more slots on my tamer, she's not using all the 14 slots she has currently. I will be very glad of the extra two for my crafters though, to be able to stable the blue beetle and get out the fire beetle without doing the 'stable shuffle' with her pack llama first.

Lord Gareth:
The NPC vet idea was very carefully thought out. It is still far better to seek the assistance of a player, there are drawbacks to the npc vet rez:
First: The pet can't be rezed till it has been dead for 10 minutes. What do you do in those 10 minutes? You look for a player to rez it.
Second: If you're a tamer with no vet, high end pets cost substantially more to rez.
Third: The pet takes a skill hit of .2 points instead of the normal .1.
Fourth: The pet is rezed with 0 health. A player vet would heal the pet up for you.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Animal taming, and animal lore gives us tamers our extra stable slots. So we should get stable slots for vet and herding since those 2 skills tie into the tamers template.
Actually vet gives extra stable slots .... 1 for gm and 1 for each 10 skillspoints above. If i remmeber the correct numbers a tamer with 120 tame/vet/lore has 14 stable slots and will have 2 more, when he buys SA. (That is, if that stable slot bonus is not bugged on tamers. *g* )
I thought it was 2 stables slots to start out with and only the taming (6) stable slots lore (6) stable slots = 14
so it would be 2 to start out with 5 taming 5 lore and 2 vet = 14

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady Michelle, vet is already calculated into the stable slot formula.

Personally, I don't feel the need for more slots on my tamer, she's not using all the 14 slots she has currently. I will be very glad of the extra two for my crafters though, to be able to stable the blue beetle and get out the fire beetle without doing the 'stable shuffle' with her pack llama first.

Lord Gareth:
The NPC vet idea was very carefully thought out. It is still far better to seek the assistance of a player, there are drawbacks to the npc vet rez:
First: The pet can't be rezed till it has been dead for 10 minutes. What do you do in those 10 minutes? You look for a player to rez it.
Second: If you're a tamer with no vet, high end pets cost substantially more to rez.
Third: The pet takes a skill hit of .2 points instead of the normal .1.
Fourth: The pet is rezed with 0 health. A player vet would heal the pet up for you.
I know I am also fine with how many I have and the 2 extra ones we are getting, but being a tamer gotta go out there and bat for the ones that do want more.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Current formula is (copied from uo playguide) :
All characters are allowed to store 2 pets with an NPC Stablemaster. In order to stable more, your total combine skill in Animal Taming, Veterinary, and Animal Lore will need to be a certain amount.

Combined Skill Total - Slots160 - 199.9 - 3 slots
200 - 239.9 - 4 slots
240+ - 5 slots

You will be awarded another stable slot for each of the following skills at 100.0, 110.0, and 120.0: Animal Taming, Animal Lore, and Veterinary.

so new figures will be:
0 taming 4 slots,
160 - 199.9 - 5 slots
200 - 239.9 - 6 slots
240+ - 7 slots
I know I am also fine with how many I have and the 2 extra ones we are getting, but being a tamer gotta go out there and bat for the ones that do want more.
Why? I am quite happy to say that I have no wish to be a part of this group demanding more.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: This has been beaten to death - Stable slot have 0 affect on Game balance

I know you asked not to...but get another Tamer.

I can't get all my crafting skills on one character either.

Guess what I did? ... Made another crafter.
You can soulstone some skills instead, it costly but possible. But we can't do same "soulstone" for pets.

What about freezing pet into statue and keep it as item? And some cooldown defrost timer like 1 month per pet.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Current formula is (copied from uo playguide) :

so new figures will be:
0 taming 4 slots,
160 - 199.9 - 5 slots
200 - 239.9 - 6 slots
240+ - 7 slots

Why? I am quite happy to say that I have no wish to be a part of this group demanding more.

Because I think they do have a valid point, because if things were like this as I pointed out in my # 58 post.
How about no more storing weapons in houses or bank. Warriors will have to store their weapons with a NPC at the weapon shop like the one in moonglow. You will only be able to store only 18 weapons, and you are also charged 30gp a week. You are only allowed to take out 1 to 2 weapons depending on if its a slayer or used in pvp. you have to pay a 30gp charge everytime you need to put your weapon back into storage.
or
Shut down stables and allow tamers to store their pets in there houses and bank boxes. You store it in your bank or lock it down at your house. and each pet takes up 1 lockdown.
most warriors wouldn't like it. and it is not like they want 50 extra stable slots just a few more, but your right no one should demand for them, and that is why I suggested vet and herding for more stable slots of course I didnt know vet was already added in.

H

Heartseeker

Re: This has been beaten to death - Stable slot have 0 affect on Game balance

I know you asked not to...but get another Tamer.

I can't get all my crafting skills on one character either.

Guess what I did? ... Made another crafter.
You can soulstone some skills instead, it costly but possible. But we can't do same "soulstone" for pets.

What about freezing pet into statue and keep it as item? And some cooldown defrost timer like 1 month per pet.
That is a decent idea.

Pet statues ftw.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about charging about $30 dollars for an additional two slots? Having them available from the shop. This way people who cannot afford an extra 7 tamers on another account can still have a variety of pets on their main account?

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a tamer and I disagree with this. 2 more stable slots are plenty. We as tamers have far greater damage output (at times) with our pets. The stable slots are a way to force us to make choices on what creatures we want to keep.

K

Kiminality

Ok, I'm going to give a good reason why there should only be 2 given, regardless of my personal opinions on the matter.
I would honestly like to hear reasons why it should be more, other than derivatives of "I want there to be more".

Here goes:
You'll observe with the majority of additions that there has been a reasonably controlled escalation in "intensity" for things added to the game. Each addition or expansion is tailored to make it more appealing than the last, in terms other than "pixel crack".
Stronger monsters, better loot, and so on. The escalation continues at a rate that makes it appealing, but doesn't relegate the recently preceding additions as worthless.
So, they're adding stable slots, because there is somewhat of a need, at both ends of the spectrum.
So they add two. That's a significant increase at the lower end, doubling the stable space for non-tamers, and adding a little more at the upper end. So, there's an advantage to having SA, but not so significant a one to greatly disadvantage those without it.
If they added enough stable slots that you wouldn't want more, then they'll have peaked that "intensity". That is not a good method for adding new things to anything with an element of persistence, and it would be a good business.
Also, the added stable slots would somewhat trivialise the extra slots earned through skill gain.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you limit stable slots you virtually guarantee that tamers will keep the most overpowered pets and throw out the weaker ones, because they're going to select those they can get the most benefit from rather than the tiny fun pets. So I think it's kinda strange to use greater dragons as the reasoning behind keeping the stable slots low. By all means suggest balancing or deleting the gits (I'd love the latter) but you certainly won't balance tamers or their pets with stable restrictions.

I think it would be good to be able to choose what we store as other classes do by changing house storage for stabling. But if 16 is the absolute limit, then the positive thing is I'll get much more fresh air than I would have done if I'd been able to go mad with new pets lol. It's much more pleasant than being one of those who feel qualified to tell others what they should or shouldn't keep.

Wenchy

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to be selfish here for a minute and say I don't care how many extra slots tamers get. I would really really really like to see non-tamers get more stable slots!! I keep two pets- my pack beetle and a purple bunny from Easter a couple years ago. I would really love to keep a trained chicken in the event of a chicken fight night and an extra pack horse.

For the sake of everybody ..... more stable slots :please:

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tamer, and I have plenty of slots, I don't really think we need more. I have a variety of pets, and I tend to use two of them all the time.

But like Patty, I'd like to see non-tamers have some more slots. I think non-tamers should have at least 4 slots, two is not enough.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: We would like a lot more Stable Slots...

Greater Dragon........oh right you dont need anything else...... :p
FINE. DELETE THEM. I COULD CARE LESS. I want stable slots for spiders, and hell hounds... and other stupid things that aren't overpowered in the slightest. There are like 60 tamable creatures, and I want to enjoy any of them I might choose to.

The ammount of pets we have in the stables doesn't effect the power of tamers ONE IOTA. Like you said, one dragon is about as powerfull ad you get, so why on earth would you be against me having raptors, or a hell hound pack, or a bunch of walruses, or heck even 21 dragons. I can only have so many out at a time, it wouldn't change the game AT ALL.

I really don't get this notion that more stable slots = more power.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to be selfish here for a minute and say I don't care how many extra slots tamers get. I would really really really like to see non-tamers get more stable slots!! I keep two pets- my pack beetle and a purple bunny from Easter a couple years ago. I would really love to keep a trained chicken in the event of a chicken fight night and an extra pack horse.

For the sake of everybody ..... more stable slots :please:
I have a tamer, and I have plenty of slots, I don't really think we need more. I have a variety of pets, and I tend to use two of them all the time.

But like Patty, I'd like to see non-tamers have some more slots. I think non-tamers should have at least 4 slots, two is not enough.
Everyone (that buys the expansion I believe) will get a 2 slot bump (this has already been announced) - so your crafters and such will be able to have 4 slots. Just FYI.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I really don't get this notion that more stable slots = more power.
Yes, this - I don't understand why anyone thinks that more slots are more power, or will make a Tamer any more overpowered.

So...here's an exercise for everyone against more stable slots for Tamers. Compare a tamer today and a tamer in 2 weeks (when the expansion comes out) side by side - and give me *specific* examples of exactly how he will be more overpowered with those extra two slots (and just to stop it before it's said - saying 'oh you have new tames, that will make you more powerful' isn't a valid arguement - actually the new tames would have been there with new slots or without and if they were powerful, they'd be owned with or without new slots).

So really...prove the detriment caused to the UO world (that doesn't involve "the system can't handle that" as honestly we don't know that to be true or not any more).

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so new figures will be:
0 taming 4 slots,
160 - 199.9 - 5 slots
200 - 239.9 - 6 slots
240+ - 7 slots
Would it be so hard for themn to recode it the bonuses for taming/lore/vet points? Or to recode the bonuses for elder/Legendary skills?

Its incredible that they giove us an expansion with quite a few new tamables (a dozen plus?) and then enforce the choice onto tamers that if you want these pets you must give up some of the ones you already have.

We wont have to give up some of the housing tile sets we already have to get the new ones. We wont have to give up the weapons and armour we have to get the new ones. We wont have to give up the stealables we have to get the new ones. We wont have to give up the dungeons we have to be able to access the new ones.

I could go on. The expansion gives tamers a load of new pets to tame. Then hits them with the whammy that if you want them you have to give up some of your existing pets. Its not game breaking. Its not hard to code. Just let us add some of the new pets to our stables ... NOT have to rplalace our existing pets with them.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to be missing something here. This stable slot issue comes up constantly around here. I have a tamer, and I don't use the stable slots I have now. I have a greater dragon, a dread mare, a cu sidhe, and then a few token pets like battle chickens and such. If you need more stable slots, then

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So because other peoples playstyle and pet choices are different to yours then you are right and they are wrong?

Just because you do it one way, doesnt mean its the right way or the only way.

C

Coppelia

There's absolutely no link between stable slots, greater dragon being overpowered and tamers' line of sight. This thread is about stable slots. Please stop trolling against tamers in general. There's no tamer in general.

That's why I understand that some players don't have problem with their stable slots. Some players decided to circumvent the problem by making another tamer (sometime paying another account because of that). But as much as I repect your way to play, you not having that problem doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Want it or not, the 2 additional stable slots are a gift for non-tamers (+100% stable slots) and not really for tamers (+14%). It's great for non-tamers, I'm really happy with that for my other characters, I will enjoy it a lot. However for my tamer it's just a little room to breathe, until the slots fills again - the next minute SA is launched?
So I suggest something that wouldn't bother those who don't need more stable slots. Something that would give the opportunity to each player to choose on one's own if they want to stack more pets or more "other stuff". A container for pets. That way devs can control the data storage by adjusting the number of secures a pet needs, the tamers who want more pets to vary their game can choose to sacrify a bit of secures to have pets instead of weapons, the non-tamers can choose to have more low level pets too or just keep secures for their weapons. Everybody can choose how many pets they need to enjoy the game.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I believe the max number of pets which a Tamer could stable has only been raised once. Seven years ago with Publish 16, additional stable slots could be earned for raising Taming, Lore, and Vet skills above Grandmaster skill level. First Tamers would be required to obtain Powerscrolls. IF they were able to obtain a 120 scroll in Taming, AND in Lore, and in Vet, and then only by reaching Legendary in all 3 skills would their stable slots rise from 5 to 14.

So seven years ago Tamers were granted the possibility of gaining 9 additional stable slots for achieving Legendary status in all three taming related skills.

Since that time, Fire Steeds, Hiryus, Lesser Hiryus, Cu Sidhe, Dread Warhorse, Bake Kitsune, Greater Dragons, Rune Beetles, Giant Beetles, Fire Beetles, and a host of other tamables (not including those coming with SA) have been added to UO. Also imprisoned squirrels and dogs, and Grizzled Mares some of which can never be bonded again if transferred.

The number of pets a Tamer may have under their control at one time has not been increased, but has in fact decreased down to the current limit of 5, or less based upon each pets number of control slots.

SOME PvPers and Pkillers use Tamables. However, the vast majority of Tamers do not participate in either PvP nor Pkilling.

Most Tamers in fact, especially those taking all three taming skills to 120, do so only to gain the maximum of 14 stable slots, because they have so many favored pets. While some players detest hued pets, most Tamers love all their pets including some of the hued ones. Some prefer one of every possible color, which is a very large number, much larger than the 14 possible stable slots.

Most Tamers, myself included, simply cannot understand why anyone would be opposed to Tamers being able to have a much larger number of stabled pets.

Prior to seven years ago, non tamers could have 2 stabled pets and Tamers could have 5. During the past 7 years Tamers have been able to stable up to 14 pets.

I have long advocated that Tamers with at least 360 skill points (actual skill points, no jewelry, no talismans, no mask of Travesty) be allowed Arks, such as Noah built, rather than Stables.

Surely, after 7 years, it is long overdue for Tamers to be permitted more stable slots. Chicken coops are included in Stygian Abyss. Two additional stable slots are being given to non-tamers and Tamers alike. Surely, basic fairness demands that those of us who invest the time and resources (scrolls etc) to achieve 360 taming related skill points deserve a much larger increase, if not removal of the cap, on stable slots.

Control slots maxed at 5 limits what pets may come out and play at the same time. Tamers ought not be required to add character after character nor account after account simply in order to increase our stabled flocks.

All the off-topic chatter and rants in this Thread aside. The Devs should either remove the stable cap or greatly increase it for all characters, but especially for Tamers, and more specifically those Tamers who go the entire Path of triple Legendary.

Respectfully,

Elladan of Baja for Dar et al

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I believe the max number of pets which a Tamer could stable has only been raised once. Seven years ago with Publish 16, additional stable slots could be earned for raising Taming, Lore, and Vet skills above Grandmaster skill level. First Tamers would be required to obtain Powerscrolls. IF they were able to obtain a 120 scroll in Taming, AND in Lore, and in Vet, and then only by reaching Legendary in all 3 skills would their stable slots rise from 5 to 14.

So seven years ago Tamers were granted the possibility of gaining 9 additional stable slots for achieving Legendary status in all three taming related skills.

Since that time, Fire Steeds, Hiryus, Lesser Hiryus, Cu Sidhe, Dread Warhorse, Bake Kitsune, Greater Dragons, Rune Beetles, Giant Beetles, Fire Beetles, and a host of other tamables (not including those coming with SA) have been added to UO. Also imprisoned squirrels and dogs, and Grizzled Mares some of which can never be bonded again if transferred.

The number of pets a Tamer may have under their control at one time has not been increased, but has in fact decreased down to the current limit of 5, or less based upon each pets number of control slots.

SOME PvPers and Pkillers use Tamables. However, the vast majority of Tamers do not participate in either PvP nor Pkilling.

Most Tamers in fact, especially those taking all three taming skills to 120, do so only to gain the maximum of 14 stable slots, because they have so many favored pets. While some players detest hued pets, most Tamers love all their pets including some of the hued ones. Some prefer one of every possible color, which is a very large number, much larger than the 14 possible stable slots.

Most Tamers, myself included, simply cannot understand why anyone would be opposed to Tamers being able to have a much larger number of stabled pets.

Prior to seven years ago, non tamers could have 2 stabled pets and Tamers could have 5. During the past 7 years Tamers have been able to stable up to 14 pets.

I have long advocated that Tamers with at least 360 skill points (actual skill points, no jewelry, no talismans, no mask of Travesty) be allowed Arks, such as Noah built, rather than Stables.

Surely, after 7 years, it is long overdue for Tamers to be permitted more stable slots. Chicken coops are included in Stygian Abyss. Two additional stable slots are being given to non-tamers and Tamers alike. Surely, basic fairness demands that those of us who invest the time and resources (scrolls etc) to achieve 360 taming related skill points deserve a much larger increase, if not removal of the cap, on stable slots.

Control slots maxed at 5 limits what pets may come out and play at the same time. Tamers ought not be required to add character after character nor account after account simply in order to increase our stabled flocks.

All the off-topic chatter and rants in this Thread aside. The Devs should either remove the stable cap or greatly increase it for all characters, but especially for Tamers, and more specifically those Tamers who go the entire Path of triple Legendary.

Respectfully,

Elladan of Baja for Dar et al
Here here ! Well said Sir.

F

Fink

I'm happy they're giving a blanket 2 to everyone with the expansion.
My tamers will be able to have a couple more beasties, and my resource gatherers will be able to have additional pack animals.

I'm happy that they chose to award any at all, because they could have quite easily not.
So, with the new tamables, I might have to make some difficult choices, with regards what pets to keep. But, if they hadn't added the two additional stable slots, I'd have had two more difficult choices to make.
Yes, they could have added more. But they could have added less, so I'm just going to be thankful with what I've got.
:ten:

You have a terrific attitude.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:ten:

You have a terrific attitude.
Whilst terrific in the right circumstances it seems a little strange when we, the paying customers are grateful for whatever bone we're thrown. Whatever happened to customer service and going the extra mile to give the customer what they want?

Remember .. we pay them to play this game ... not the other way round. Whats wrong with asking for a little more content for our money?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There isn't a reason for more stable slots. Once you get a greater dragon, what else do you really need?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would honestly like to hear reasons why it should be more, other than derivatives of "I want there to be more".
There are many versions of Pack Instinct Animals. To have a pack they require 5/MAX (be honest when you feel the urge to gain say that). That players should be able to pull out there pack of what ever and go have some fun.

Some people just like to have collections, Every Color of the Cu Sidhe, every color of the Hiryu's, Forest Ostards, Frenzied Ostards, Birds etc.

Some gatherers want to have a pack mule train of 5, tried and true, trusted old friends to accompany them. And have the ability to have a Fire Beetle, Giant Beetle, Pair of Swampies.

The point is that people like variety. Not all Tamers (and/or Tamer activities) fit the mold of a PvP/PvM player, they just plain old like to have a menagerie of pets.

This is in general and not to any one person.

Now a question of Relevance. Why is it that there is always a group that absolutely insist that the only way others can have fun, is to deny them things, to take things away from them, to make what ever it is that brings them pleasure as demeaning, mind numbing as they can possibly make it.

Hail Folks,

I believe the max number of pets which a Tamer could stable has only been raised once. Seven years ago with Publish 16....
You mean of course AFTER THEY WERE DENIED UNLIMITED STABLE SPOTS as the Original UO Publish had it.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many versions of Pack Instinct Animals. To have a pack they require 5/MAX (be honest when you feel the urge to gain say that). That players should be able to pull out there pack of what ever and go have some fun.

Some people just like to have collections, Every Color of the Cu Sidhe, every color of the Hiryu's, Forest Ostards, Frenzied Ostards, Birds etc.

Some gatherers want to have a pack mule train of 5, tried and true, trusted old friends to accompany them. And have the ability to have a Fire Beetle, Giant Beetle, Pair of Swampies.

The point is that people like variety. Not all Tamers (and/or Tamer activities) fit the mold of a PvP/PvM player, they just plain old like to have a menagerie of pets.

This is in general and not to any one person.

Now a question of Relevance. Why is it that there is always a group that absolutely insist that the only way others can have fun, is to deny them things, to take things away from them, to make what ever it is that brings them pleasure as demeaning, mind numbing as they can possibly make it.

Hail Folks,

I believe the max number of pets which a Tamer could stable has only been raised once. Seven years ago with Publish 16....
You mean of course AFTER THEY WERE DENIED UNLIMITED STABLE SPOTS as the Original UO Publish had it.
Actually, I believe Stable Slots always had caps. Originally Tamers had no CONTROL caps, so we could tame and control as many as we wished. But they wouldnt bond nor could we stable them all. Moreover, I mentioned the control caps in my post tho you didnt bother to quote that.

Please get your facts straight before running your mouth...er, fingers off with CAPS.