• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone get venom from a serpent?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made the empty vials. I found silver serpents.

I double click the empty vial and all I do is anger the beasts.

Many deaths and many attempts but no venom was gathered from a silver serpent.

Anyone else try?

Or am I gonna be the only person making dyes.... I doubt it.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need to snake charm them or peace them, though after the last patch I am not sure peacing them works.

M

Myna

or kill them ... chance they have venom in a vial already is 1:5, so after the 5th snake you should got one if you are lucky

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm such a weenie, I'm totally waiting till 100 other people do this, some nice soul puts all the info in an easy to use walkthrough, and then I might give it a shot. :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm such a weenie, I'm totally waiting till 100 other people do this, some nice soul puts all the info in an easy to use walkthrough, and then I might give it a shot. :p
No walkthru from me but....

A carpenter with music skill makes the flute. It requires 2 Blight. :(

You double-click the flute and click a serpent, then tell it where to go. While it has sparklies around it you use the empty vial on it. You will either get some venom or fail. You sometimes get poisoned when you get the venom.

Things that may be correct:

You need music skill to use the flute successfully.

Only the person who charmed the snake can get venom.

You can get two vials per snake by charming multiple times.

You can get venom as loot even if two vials were extracted.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh blight? Sounds easier to just kill em and go for the 20% chance. Maybe sit around despise and wait for the tail end (no pun intended) of the rat spawn. :)

M

Myna

or buy blight as much as you can now, before SA comes out, its sold for 5k each normaly.

i am sure after sa release blight will raise in price

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does GM poisoning get you more vials?
Poisoning skills reduces or cancels your chances of getting poisoned while harvesting it. GM Poisoners have a chance of critical success which will double or triple the number of vials received, but only uses up 1 empty vial.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poisoning skills reduces or cancels your chances of getting poisoned while harvesting it. GM Poisoners have a chance of critical success which will double or triple the number of vials received, but only uses up 1 empty vial.
Great, thanks!

Now I just have to get to GM poisoning... :D

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you get the poison off the dead silver serpents now on production shards, or only on Retribution?

Thank you!
-- Aislin

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gotta wait till SA comes out of beta. I wish I could stock it up now though.

Maybe Regine can "accidently" flip a switch and turn it on for us. ;)