• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help on growing hedges

G

Gladius

I am in a shard where nobody sells plants at all in the vendor stalls. I have no recourse but to try grow my own crop.

I followed the procedure on softening the dirt then planting the seed. After one day however the seed withered? Something I must have done wrong in the watering because the dirt turned soppy and squishy?

Any tips on how I can succeed on my future tries wasted sonme valuable orange petal bearing seeds in my experimentation :blushing:

TIA for any help.

-G-

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics has an newly updated gardening page

Tower of Roses also has easy to navigate charts for cross-pollinating

Don't over-water or over-potion your plants, do only what is required by the plant gump. A yellow minus sign by the pitcher or the potions means only one dose is needed. I've never been successful in recovering a plant that's over-watered, tho there may be a way to do it.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have recovered a few, I just add heal & strength, a few times i added 2.. some times they still dye, sometimes they live, thats a gamble once they get to wither

but its weird that after one day it withers :( usually it goes to unhealth then withers.. but with plants ive found that anything is possible :(

if they dirt turns squisy or sloppy then uve over watered them... ONLY water em if they have the yellow minus on it,

what i do to start
add dirt to bowl (firtle or normal)
add 2 waters to make dirt soft
add seed
then I add ONE heal & one strength to help ( ppl differ on if u should do this at start or not, but it works for me)
then take care of it by addin what it needs & the pages DO provided help out better than i could explain :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am in a shard where nobody sells plants at all in the vendor stalls. I have no recourse but to try grow my own crop.

I followed the procedure on softening the dirt then planting the seed. After one day however the seed withered? Something I must have done wrong in the watering because the dirt turned soppy and squishy?

Any tips on how I can succeed on my future tries wasted sonme valuable orange petal bearing seeds in my experimentation :blushing:

TIA for any help.

-G-
You can dump the seed out of the bowl and try again, it doesn't waste the seed if you can recover it before the plant goes green (I think).