• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adult Toons!

M

Miss Nutmeg

Lol I am a shameless mom who has registered her 7 y/o son to play then opted for an account of her own! I am told there are many adult toons around, just wanting to hook up with some for game info and such. It's getting hard :dunce: lol

I have a question. Tonight, June 21, there was a 5 level building in TT Central. I, like most of the other toons, did not expect level 11 cogs to be in there. On the first round of attack, we faced 2 Big Wigs, level 11, and 2 of the toons went down and out. There was no way the 3rd toon and I could do 5 levels on our own. I am at 56 for smiles and am currently in the Brrrgh about to train for my last gag.

These poor brand new toons kept getting defeated. And some of the higher players were laughing...I know because they were whispering to me that their friend had 'summoned' such a building.

I was pretty disappointed by this even though I don't understand the 'summons' deal. You have brand new toons who will face that and get freaked out and thats it for them, right?

I don't understand how this is allowable or not controlled.:coco:
Any input?

Thanks!

S

soupandquackers

First, welcome to stratics. Second, sumons are rewards you get from beating the Chief Justice, you get the ability to summon cogs, buildings, or invasions. The only way those building appear in ttc is by summon, smaller toons dont see level 11's until later on in the game.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure it's allowed. And sure, there are some that do it just to watch the chaos ensue. But! There are babies that love to give it a shot.. try over and over in the same building that they just can't take at their leve.. I know because I've seen it. Many times. You and the babies with you learn their limits in ways like this, and this is important for when you're in other situations in the game.

But I also know people like you, who take their big toons to the various TTC districts and rid the streets of big buildings. That's the great thing about this game.. anything goes. It takes all kinds to keep the game going.

Welcome to Stratics!

R

rainwatercat

Miss Nutmeg, my kids got me hooked on tt, too. lol (and then i proceeded to hook my hubby, my sister, and my mother lol) Glad to meet another adult player. :)

sometimes if there is an invasion, big buildings will fall in ttc. it's not common, but that does happen, too. it's not always toons using their summons from the cj. :)

Buildings, big bosses, factories, mints, etc, are a live and learn kind of thing in toontown. eventually, you get the hang of it all and you have alot of fun. :) i for one love summons. when you get them all (or even just a good chunk of what's available), you can call anything you need: a cog, a cog building, or even an invasion of a certain type of cog.

welcome to stratics and say hi to evil oldman for me. :lick: lol

S

susan4633

i gotta tell you trish...you are so right. i took a task for small to help baby toons kill 50 cogs in ttc. i grabbed my own baby toon (didn't want to contribute to the sadness of a random). i called a 5 story building in ttc in a relatively quiet district....unfortunately...tt saw fit to have it fall around the corner from where i was. by the time i got to it, 4 level 16-19 toons were in the elevator...i waited outside, expecting them to die. they did, and the swarm of toons just waiting for the doors to open was incredible. when they opened again, i got my big toon in, but since the baby randoms didn't know how to coordinate gags, and due to lure miss, i was alone on 2nd floor. i did finish the building on my own, but.....needless to say didn't get my task done.

S

Squeaker

Welcome to Stratics and Toontown. I'm also a mom and I also have my own account (or two)... I have too many problems keeping full books on my toons to summon buildings for enjoyment (but I will do it for those that ask). As far as the high cogs inside the buildings, that could be from any reason. From your laff, you've already seen the tasks where you need to find objects from these high cogs (wig powder from big wigs, i.e.) and I have no problem calling a big wig invasion to speed it along. That does not keep those high toons right where I need them, they head on down to central too. If I get what I need, and there is still time left on the invasion, I may go down and help out... if they are working together nicely :D

C

Crazy Fireball

Welcome, and its not just adults that do that, its kids too. Alot of times kids do the summoning, trust me! I do it sometimes, but after a few groups of toons cant get the 2 story building, i help one group out.

Z

ZippyW

I'm not sure I'm understanding the complaint exactly. Why were those new little toons going into a level 5 building? If they were doing it because they just wanted to give it a try, then they learned a valuable lesson not to take on more than you can handle. So, if they were defeated, didn't they just run and buy more gags; it's not like they were losing their level 7 gags if they were smaller toons. Also, a big toon (say over 80) can't be expected to keep 3 low laff toons "happy" AND fight that big a building; they end up having to choose one or the other. Those little toons with their level 2 gags are going to take forever taking down a level 11 cog. The big toon will run out of laff gags eventually! I think I'd probably smile at 3-4 "newbie" toons running into a level 5 building too, no matter what size the cogs were. I don't think I've ever seen a level 5 building with cogs that were 2's and 3's.

M

Miss Nutmeg

lol It's not a complaint exactly. Just highly curious. I suppose I assumed that since the building was in TTC, then the gogs inside would reflect the level of area.

I am slowly learning the game, with the help of web sites like this and the friends I have made. I now have my 2 piece of the suit and just defeated a factory foreman in Sellbot HQ. With the help of others who are well experienced :thumbsup:

Question though...I joined some sort of group that tells others you are going into the factory? Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks!:loser: lol

Z

ZippyW

I believe that there is a difference between, say, a level 5 Sellbot building and a level 5 Lawbot building, with the Lawbot being tougher. I'm not positive about that. I thought the biggest the cogs could be in a building in TTC was a level 7, but I guess that's not true if they are called. The main thing to get in the habit of with buildings is doing a quick check of the other toons gags. Going into a level 5 building with 4 toons with no toon up or with all middle level gags can lead to depression and a long study of your pedicure if things don't go well!! I find most of the adults playing TTC either very nice to kids and go with the flow or just play with other adults because they have no patience for mistakes being made.

M

matthew129101

well kids will most likely keep making 5 story builings just for a laugh in ttc and thats not cool I mean its ok to summon like a 2 story building in ttc but come on a 5 story building.:wall:

now im helping toons trying to finish a 3 or 4 story building in ttc and right as I finish it with like two of my high lvl friends I find another cog building right around the corner and im like what the heck. I finish that building and I try looking for who summoned the buildings and it was safe and yea I was ticked but i got a level 7 train tracks out of it so its not all bad.

lol It's not a complaint exactly. Just highly curious. I suppose I assumed that since the building was in TTC, then the cogs inside would reflect the level of area.

I am slowly learning the game, with the help of web sites like this and the friends I have made. I now have my 2 piece of the suit and just defeated a factory foreman in Sellbot HQ. With the help of others who are well experienced :thumbsup:

Question though...I joined some sort of group that tells others you are going into the factory? Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks!:loser: lol
umm its the group you go with and when they are ready it shows they are ready but sometimes when they wanna get easy xp they fight cogs outside the factory and it wont let you go unless the team is not fighting with cogs and you have at least one other toon with you I should know I almost have a level 45 mr hollywood suit and I go through the factory almost all the time:thumbsup:

well kids will most likely keep making 5 story builings just for a laugh in ttc and thats not cool I mean its ok to summon like a 2 story building in ttc but come on a 5 story building.:wall:

now im helping toons trying to finish a 3 or 4 story building in ttc and right as I finish it with like two of my high lvl friends I find another cog building right around the corner and im like what the heck. I finish that building and I try looking for who summoned the buildings and it was safe and yea I was ticked but i got a level 7 train tracks out of it so its not all bad.

umm its the group you go with and when they are ready it shows they are ready but sometimes when they wanna get easy xp they fight cogs outside the factory and it wont let you go unless the team is not fighting with cogs and you have at least one other toon with you I should know I almost have a level 45 mr hollywood suit and I go through the factory almost all the time:thumbsup:
ok I think I got it mixed up here i think is how it go's for the factory groups:
here is one way of puting it you set up a before we enter the elevator group and sometimes if you have to you can kick higher lvl toons for lower lvls that is if you are helping then though the factory helping other toons though is kinda hard due to: low chances you can survive vs the foreman or low lvl toon-up and throw and such or that they just wanted to see what it would be like going into the factory and i help other toons though the factory almost all the time because im kinda training a new toon not the best i got really but he is a o.k toon but yea oh and if you need help in toontown lemme know ill be able to help out though the factory or vs the vp kinda :)

L

lou2700

hi!!
and welcome-and im sure you'll have as much fun as we adults do-im 36 and my kids are takin a break for a while but im back after takin a break for a year-ill be happy to help out just message me sometime
-and just keep this in your mind btw-its only a game:wall:

T

TikvahJewel

Wow! I didn't even know about the summons thing. I would have been surprised by a huge building like that in TT also.

I have two accounts at my house so I can play with either one of my two daughters. They take turns. It's fun! I like to help the little kids out. Sometimes they're a little too erratic though lol. I don't have a ton of laffs yet. Just 56, but I'm big enough to keep the little kids alive in some of their tasks.

:)

M

Murky Dizzynugget

I shall compare summoning a 5-story building in TTC to giving a 1 year old a lemon.

The 1 year old takes the lemon, and thinking that the best way of experiencing the lemon is biting it, bites it. (S)he has the most hilarious reaction. Now that baby will either LOVE the lemon, be more cautious about biting directly into a lemon, or forget whatever happened, bite it again, and become frustrated.
The same applies to a 5-story building in TTC. People either love dying, ( :gee: ) are more cautious about entering such a building, or forget whatever happened, go in again, and become frustrated that they keep dying. Or they miraculously defeat the building and nothing is learned.

I'm not quite an adult (I'm turning 15 in May, but what the heck I'll post here anyway), but I really really wanted to respond to this post. Also I couldn't resist the temptation of using the following emoticon:
:postpics:

S

Stravik

Woot lets wake this forum up. Im an adult that plays and so does my wife look me up in nutty anything :p King Fleabag Boigenflipper