• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald: Live Events] Distracting Decisions

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new story by Tim "Draconi" Cotten called Destracting Decisions has been added to the live events section. Part 2 soon to follow. You can see the whole story here.

More...

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see what is happening in Britan however I still cannot log in......

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Thanks! Was waiting for something like this to spark the event arch so Rp places could follow.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good story.
I don't understand the heading of this thread :
Start Date: June 17, 2009
End Date: June 18, 2009

What?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see what is happening in Britan however I still cannot log in......
So far, on Great Lakes, I see nothing that wasn't put there by the EMs.

I'm not sure if this heralds an event or if it's "just" fiction (which would be appreciated anyway). If it's the former we likely have to wait for Part 2 to see what we've got to do.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good story.
I don't understand the heading of this thread :
Start Date: June 17, 2009
End Date: June 18, 2009

What?
My guess is that they use the same template/shell/whatever they call it these days for the fiction as for the event postings.

OR, this fiction is heralding an in-game event, and thus they posted it as an "event," with part 2 being the actual instructions.

We'll see.

-Galen's player

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is that they use the same template/shell/whatever they call it these days for the fiction as for the event postings.

OR, this fiction is heralding an in-game event, and thus they posted it as an "event," with part 2 being the actual instructions.

We'll see.

-Galen's player
Pure fiction today, announcements about upcoming events later this week.

C

Connor_Graham

Pure fiction today, announcements about upcoming events later this week.
So nothing happening in Britain then?

To Stratics Staff- The "Additional Information" link goes straight to the forums home page. I'm pretty sure that's not where it was intended to go...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's a bit confusing, guys.... looks like there's two parts to the story? one today and one tomorrow? but then it says "read the whole story here"

or is my comprehension failing again? :blushing:

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So nothing on june 18th. Then why does this thread exist?
Well now that we've been honored by the flame-meister, we might as well have fun!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, on Great Lakes, I see nothing that wasn't put there by the EMs.

I'm not sure if this heralds an event or if it's "just" fiction (which would be appreciated anyway). If it's the former we likely have to wait for Part 2 to see what we've got to do.

-Galen's player

The EMs on GL have consistently been moving the underlying story here every week. The lanterns, the shields, the evil 'Paragons of Morality', and the Pauper plotline...

GLRP has been playing along now for months, and is thoroughly enjoying it all!

T

thelust6

:O :D x!!! looking forward to this; thumbs up for Europa' EM Emile and Sarakkan (sorry if I mistyped) there providing an awsome involving story ;)

C

Chrissay_

We'll see.

-Galen's player
I'm trying to keep the fiction along with the live events in the same location. So that it's a "one stop shop" for the fiction behind the events ;) This way it's not buried in the news section of the herald :)

J

jp78

I guess I missed it... cause I went to Brit an now there's an Arcane Circle infront of west Brit Bank... lame.

Anyone have more info?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The arcane circle at the west Britain bank is unrealated to the fiction.

It is a circle that Spellweavers may use to create a level six focus, just like in the Prism of Light.

Enjoy.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The arcane circle at the west Britain bank is unrealated to the fiction.

It is a circle that Spellweavers may use to create a level six focus, just like in the Prism of Light.

Enjoy.
Awesome

O

Ozymandies

Hmmm
Take a late night stab at it, it is 1:55 here

The catacombs, central Ilshenar, 'neath the savages.

They are looking for "it". so am I

Too many Complications: The newer server code on Malas and Tokuno is harder to work with, the Bell will be in Britannia.

Distraction: well I did find my old quattro pro spreadsheets on Traveller starship design, ahhh

2:02 now.

OZ

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm
Take a late night stab at it, it is 1:55 here

The catacombs, central Ilshenar, 'neath the savages.

They are looking for "it". so am I

Too many Complications: The newer server code on Malas and Tokuno is harder to work with, the Bell will be in Britannia.

Distraction: well I did find my old quattro pro spreadsheets on Traveller starship design, ahhh

2:02 now.

OZ
On at least one shard, Legends I think?, the Bell has already been recovered.

Therefore, I'm assuming the EMs were allowed to use the Bell in the parts of the events they were responsible for.....Therefore, it can't be the Bell the Shadowlords are looking for.

Or could it?

Legends (or whatever shard it was) could always do some television-style plot complications....The Bell the players found wasn't the real one. Casca re-stole it as soon as the players found it. The "Russian Spy" stole it and re-hid it. ("The Russian Spy" was a plot device often seen in the 1960s and 1970s. When a a movie would gather a group of people together to do something important and interesting, sometimes one of them, you weren't told which one at first, would be a spy from Russia, sent there to mess up the endeavor. This created additional tension on the plot. In this case, the "Russian Spy" would be a member of the Followers of Armageddon who had escaped detection or something like that.) Etc.

-Galen's player

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Shadowlords gonna try and pinch the Gauntlet BELL now? ;)
The ferry master will be pleased as we wont keep bothering him :)

L

Lord Urza

Wouldnt it be less confusing to post these as ( Event Fiction) instead of (Event), and just still have them fit in the event catagory?? Just an Idea. :eek:)