• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We need an entire TEAM!!!

• Thread starter JocelynofSonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JocelynofSonoma

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

----------Does this all seem familiar? hmmmm:p:p

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you forgot: 1 forum admin to turn the light bulb and lock the forum

N

Nestorius

Forums don't really work this way. No one ever posts about changing lightbulbs and if they did, they'd get flamed for being ******** and that's about it.

R

RichDC

Just to point out,

Its called a lamp, not a lightbulb(dont argue, i have been a trained electrician) Lamps go into lights, bulbs go into the ground and grow plants.

Who ever heard of a light plant :p

N

Nestorius

In England they might call them lamps and not lightbulbs. I wouldn't be surprised.

R

RichDC

Electricians call the lamps, that is what they are.

Hey dont hate, its not my fault you guys cant talk proper :p

J

JocelynofSonoma

:D Hmm ok - what about lanterns then? Any thoughts on those? Would we need separate forums for electric as opposed to candles/wicks? hmmmm

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, then I'd have to read all the crap posted, in addition to some of the crap I already read.

H

Hanna

Well at least one other got the joke, I found it mildly entertaining.:thumbsup:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to point out,

Its called a lamp, not a lightbulb(dont argue, i have been a trained electrician) Lamps go into lights, bulbs go into the ground and grow plants.

Who ever heard of a light plant :p
Actually, I used to do electrical work for a contractor, and we always called them light bulbs (notice the space between light and bulb). It's a perfectly acceptable term to use when talking about them.

;) I just couldn't resist.

R

RichDC

Ill be honest now, when i was an electrician i always argued that they were bulbs, that go into the lamps.

Couldn't resist starting an "argument" about the subject tho as per the opening post :)

H

Hanna

It's not that nobody gets the joke, it's that it's old as sin.
Yeah, but Aran you always troll just to get post counts, such a waste of bandwidth and forum space. And most jokes are just slightly modified old ones.

But he did forget one...
1 that just posts to see how many posts he can get.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm neither trolling nor going for post counts.

You, on the other hand, tend to jump in with harassment and accusations.

H

Hanna

You don't really expect anyone that actually reads these boards to believe that do you?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also it's kind of funny, I've been here for nine years and the posts on this account are a combination of all my various accounts over that time, not just, say, seven months and 2.2k posts.

R

RichDC

Also it's kind of funny, I've been here for nine years and the posts on this account are a combination of all my various accounts over that time, not just, say, seven months and 2.2k posts.
When you got f all to do at work, i read the forums alot, offer some constructive advice and help. Ask alot of questions too. Out of those posts guess how many infractions/warnings...0

I dont troll and make stupid mindless posts about, speeding for example.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, what do you know, I'm mostly online from work too.

Also, no discussing past infractions, that's an infraction in and of itself. ;)

(By the way, pay attention to what subforum you're in - Spiels and Rants. Guess what goes in a Spiels and Rants forum!)

R

RichDC

Hey, what do you know, I'm mostly online from work too.

Also, no discussing past infractions, that's an infraction in and of itself. ;)

(By the way, pay attention to what subforum you're in - Spiels and Rants. Guess what goes in a Spiels and Rants forum!)
Actually you need to check what forum this is...UHALL OFF TOPIC!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I meant the other thread and worded it poorly because I really don't care shut up.

N

Nestorius

oh, forum MEMBERS!!!!

I was reading forum MODERATORS.

It didn't make sense before. I get it now.

Haha!

Hahahah!

Hahahaha!

I didn't read it right.

K

Kristeen

hee hee :) That is funny Joyce, I'm new to here but I think it's leaning toward accurate and made me lol.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left you a message in OT:NHB. I suggest you take the advice.