• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you have your PC set up to run UO?

T

Turdnugget

How's your PC set up to help you lag less, improve video performance etc...

I usually run UO on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop I got for $100...

Looking for ways to enhance game play... changing computer settings/in game settings.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Not being an electronic turd" helps immensely.

Spend a few bucks on a new computer.

T

Turdnugget

Still doesn't answer the question.

I've got another laptop, but it's mainly my wife's, and i've got a desktop at home...but this is the one I use in my Jeep to run the GPS, and play at work during my lunch breaks.

Just curious what modifications can be done to enhance gameplay overall.

N

Nestorius

How's your PC set up to help you lag less, improve video performance etc...

I usually run UO on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop I got for $100...

Looking for ways to enhance game play... changing computer settings/in game settings.

For 2D, I would just make sure your DELL INSPIRON 6000 is well-optimized like a crappy computer should be. Take off unnecessary services and start up program so you know what's running in Task Manager, keep defragmented and 1/3 harddrive space free, and maybe put on an elevated docking station so it stays nice and cool.

For KR, there is no hope. The difference in performance between the DELL INSPIRON 6000 and some crappy $400 desktop computer like the DELL INSPIRON 530 is phenomenal. Try using a laptop that is not from 2003.